Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

And Ridley Scott will take the Reigns once again.

But gee VFTF, one hell of a scardey cat ya got there. 90% of sci/fi movies you couldn't show her without giving her nightmares.

Alien/s isn't all THAT bad you don't even really see the alien that many times as compared to the second film. The second film she'd lock herself in the bathroom. I did that seeing that film when I was 5...everytime an alien popped up I'd either run screaming into my room or hiding behind the couch.

Never got that way with Terminator...robots fascinated me more. Hell god, I dunno why but I had a dream i was John Connor the other night in a resistance bunker somewhere in the mountains and endo's galore had found us and started coming in and we would have to escape but sadly only a few of us made it to a helicopter and got out.

Nice! I just realized those HK bikes seem variable. You can see the spine and the legs in the back like a crouching terminator and what seems to be a ribcage. I'm trying to figure out the rest, but the design is too busy, so if it does transform, it'll be one of those ridiculously complex transformations a la Michael Bay. I hope I'm wrong.

a write-up said that John Connor isn't the head of the resistance yet, but is actually more of a low-ranked officer at the start. this wouldn't tie in with the T3 end where he and his future wife was already coordinating the surviving military units from the bunker.

Two things; I don't think he was "coordinating" them persay, just telling the other radio operators where a safe refuge was. Also, iirc, the people on the radio were Civil Air Patrol (or something like that) & Ham operators. I'll have to check when I get home, but there wasn't much coordination fosho lol. I actually liked T3 though... bunny-hugging Arnold from T2 didn't do it for me (though the t1000 ruled of course!).

If what roger said in the spoilers isn't set in stone yet...

It was in an early draft script that a friend of mine (who was being approached as a potential licensee) read about a year ago. Later on he was given the final act of the script (which was omitted from the early draft).

The whole thing was godawful. If 10% of the silliness that was in there survives to the final cut of the film (and judging by the trailers, it looks like at least 50% is in there), you will all be laughing your way out of the theater. It's that bad.

Edited by Roger

The only two things I really hated about T3 was the T-X and the wussy-angst Stahl-Conner. The trailer for T4 in front of Watchman looked bad-ass! Though I'm a bit disapointed about the hybrid/Terminator angle. Could have done without that, but maybe they'll surprise me with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading the IDW Comic mini series...aaaaand yeah, I dunno what to exactly say other than the fact this mini series is rather boring. The art is dodgy in my opinion....and I'm not big on the color apps and the story is just slow.

But I guess it's just leading into what Salvation is suppose to start out too.

However, I think I'll stick to reading the Dynamite comics of Infinity.

The only two things I really hated about T3 was the T-X and the wussy-angst Stahl-Conner. The trailer for T4 in front of Watchman looked bad-ass! Though I'm a bit disapointed about the hybrid/Terminator angle. Could have done without that, but maybe they'll surprise me with it.

I wouldn't write it off yet because of the hybrid.

Taksraven

Even though the rumored leaked ending to TS has been said to be totally redone the latest poster lends itself to that rumor still. Maybe the posters have been completed awhile ago and they are just using them ISO making new ones. Makes you wonder if the leaked ending really has been redone or not.

post-7075-1239520157_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty excited to see this now. The only thing that's bugging me is the creation of all the new Skynet hardware. I guess if these are old models and will be replaced it's fine. So far there's some weird multi legged man-sized HK, as well as the giant headless HK that abducts people. We haven't seen the tank tread HK's from the old movies, and for some reason the aerial HK's have been revamped, and now there's a smaller type. Oh, and the mototerminators, don't know what to think about them.

Seeing as how this is a different future than previously established they can get away with all these changes and no one will really ask seeing as how it is stated that this is very different that it was supposed to be.

Seeing as how this is a different future than previously established they can get away with all these changes and no one will really ask seeing as how it is stated that this is very different that it was supposed to be.

True, I hope they're going this route.

Yeah, they should have Reese die before Connor sends him back... :)

Seriously, if everything else got upgraded then why not the terminators themselves? Seems kinda stupid to make a series about one movie then destroy everything leading up to the events of the first film. The same Reese wouldn't be sent back & he'd tell Sarah different poo. Hmmmm... I prefer the classic T1/2/3(partially) types.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Although I'd find it funny if they stuck to one of the Dark Horse endings so many years back, Reese knock up Sarah and when she gives birth it's then Jane Connor or whatever her name was XD

I always thought taking up one of the side stories was a good idea than revamping or beating a dead horse of a storyline of an angsty john connor and arnie coming back again and again.

Oh by the way, when are the Terminator toys coming out?

Saw the Terminator toys at my local K-mart today. My initial reaction is lukewarm. Not totally rejecting them, but not overly impressed with what Playmates has put out. I'm not digging the paint job on the ones I saw. I picked up the hunter killer flying type toy, but I wish they stayed with the design as seen in T1 and T2. It has more of a charcoal almost black finish to it as opposed to the shiny silver finish as I was expecting.

They had:

HK flying type (I think falls in the 3 3/4 category, yeah for us GI-Joe collectors :) )

an assortment of 6" figures: T-600, T-R.I.P., T-700, Marcus, John Connor (no T-100 tank type)

the larger 10" figures: T-600, Marcus

a T-600 "Powerfist" forearm guantlet

I did not see any of what they are calling the 3 3/4" line other than the one packed with the HK flying type. I am curious to see what the A-10 looks like and how big it actually is.

Here's a link to a site that shows the entire toy line for this movie.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40754

They are better than the old T2 toys, but I suppose my taste has moved on. I just wish they were more on the level of what Diamond Select or DC Direct has been putting out. I guess I was just hoping to find an inexpensive but decent looking endoskeleton with the typical plasma rifle that you usually see in the movies.

I'll try to post some pics tonight.

I dunno. I can't look at action figure toys anymore without thinking "where are the revolver joints?" - and without thinking "why are these sculpts not as good as Revoltech?

I mean - it's not just poseability - but there's no dynamism in those toys. It's like they totally didn't even try to take advantage of toy technology...

But gee VFTF, one hell of a scardey cat ya got there. 90% of sci/fi movies you couldn't show her without giving her nightmares.

Yeah well... she just broke up with me for the 10th time in the last 4 and a half years so - at this point it really doesn't matter any more :)

I wonder whether this time it's "for real" :)

Edit: Oh - and that T-600 helment is great!

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I read that Christian Bale did not authorize his likeness to be used for the toys, so all the John Connor figures have the face obscured in some way. That's why he's looking like a bank robber in the 3 3/4" figure line. :lol:

post-690-1239828481_thumb.jpgpost-690-1239828489_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharky

That's hilarious :) Why did they take Bale as an actor if he's not going to allow for his likeness to be used? This movie better make the studio like a zillion dollars to justify Mr. "Are you a f#cking professional!?" - who now also turns out to be "I'm not going to have my face on toys" doing this part :)

In any event - I'm looking forward to it :)

Pete

(who thinks Bale's face looks pretty generic anyways, so couldn't they just stick a generic face on John Conor's toy?)

I wasn't really all that impressed with Bale's work in Batman. Furthermore, his face was covered most of the time for Batman, which isn't the case for Terminator. Bale's outbreak didn't change anything in the way I saw him at all. People have ragefits, it happens.

That's hilarious :) Why did they take Bale as an actor if he's not going to allow for his likeness to be used? This movie better make the studio like a zillion dollars to justify Mr. "Are you a f#cking professional!?" - who now also turns out to be "I'm not going to have my face on toys" doing this part :)

In any event - I'm looking forward to it :)

Pete

(who thinks Bale's face looks pretty generic anyways, so couldn't they just stick a generic face on John Conor's toy?)

Is it that he wouldn't allow it or they weren't going to pay him as much? Or maybe he thought they were crappy since he had no problem with Hot Toys using his likeness for their release:

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2009/03/hot-...ohn-connor.html

Edited by eugimon

I wouldn't let them use my face on toys that look like they're from 1992 either.

The Batman toys compared to the Terminator toys are night and day in quality. Not saying that's why he's being a douche about it, but it's a good reason.

But all the Bruce Wayne toys and figures has his face.

Perhaps you have hit the nail on the head. Maybe it's because his likeness is already licensed to the Batman toy line (i.e. Mattel) at the moment that Playmates is not able to use it on the Terminator toy line. Just a theory.

Also posted in the tv thread.

After picking up and reading the #0 Comic prequel and the first two chapters from prequel book From The Ashes, it seems they didn't fully write out the end of T3 but it could also could mesh with my previous theory of the shows last episode about past John becoming future John and the whole thing being self-fulfilling. Kate mentions in the book that he's "their only hope, even if they don't know it yet." Also, thus far we've also seen he's a nobody in TS and the comic backs that up.

Lots has changed.

While I agree to a point that them just up and making him leader of the whole thing is silly from a common sense point of view, as soon as JD happened and he got in touch with anyone they'd learn very quickly that he has EXTENSIVE knowledge of Skynet and that would have to make up for something.