Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

From Coming Soon:

Variety reports that Warner Bros. has acquired North American distribution rights to Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, triggering an early 2008 production start for a film that seeks to reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span.

WB plans to distribute "Terminator Salvation" in summer 2009.

The "Terminator" film franchise got a new lease on life in spring, when privately funded Halcyon and its co-CEOs Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson teamed with Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines executive producer Moritz Borman to acquire film, merchandising and licensing rights from ex-Carolco partners Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar. Kubicek, Anderson and Borman are producing the new film, with Peter D. Graves as executive producer.

WB had first right of negotiation for domestic theatrical and TV distribution rights because the studio played the same role on 2003's Jonathan Mostow-directed "Terminator 3."

The producers said that the new film will carry the size and scale of "Terminator 3," and will have an event-sized budget.

Sony Pictures Entertainment, which distributed "Terminator 3" in most overseas territories, is expected to get first crack at a reprise. Several other territories are spoken for, including Japan, where Toho-Towa is expected to distribute once again.

A screenplay has been completed by "Terminator 3" writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris, and the financiers and studio are close to locking a director. While industry buzz has Charlie's Angels director McG as the odds-on favorite for the assignment, the producers said no final decision had yet been made.

"This is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind," Anderson told the trade.

Borman said: "The third film was really the conclusion of what happened in the 'now.' You will find the most-loved characters, but the intention here is to present a fresh new world and have this be the first of a trilogy."

The producers said it wasn't yet clear whether Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back for his fourth appearance in the franchise that launched his movie career. "T3" was the last film in which he starred before becoming governor of California.

"We've left it open for him to maybe do a cameo," Borman said. "He has an important job, as we know, and the final decision will be based on his desire and availability, along with what the director wants.

Well... Setting it in the future could be interesting, depending on how they do it.

:Joke mode on:

They could remake the first movie with the slogan: "We rape your past"

Then remake terminator 2 and 3 combined, set in the present with the slogan: "We rape your present"

Then do this movie for in the future: "We rape your future"

:Joke mode disengaged:

I won't make any serious comments until we know more about it, but all I can do is raise an eyebrow at this development.

From the writing team that brought you the modern marvel Catwoman comes the mediocre mega-media blitzed movie event of 2009 that is sure to be forgotten mere months after release...Terminator 4!

Do I even have to say this sounds awful? I'm hoping that should be understood at this point :)

Terminator 3 was saved from critical/fan vivisection by it's stubborn determination to remain just a nose above mediocre. Despite what that may do for some, it does nothing for me and I expect this fourth installment to continue the weakness of Terminator 3. I haven't any hope for Sarah Connor Chronicles either and this synergy-like notice of a new film just before the TV show starts in early 2008 has alarm bells ringing, Willie :)

I haven't any hope for Sarah Connor Chronicles either and this synergy-like notice of a new film just before the TV show starts in early 2008 has alarm bells ringing, Willie :)

Surprisingly, the pilot for SCC was.....not entirely sucky. Not great, mind you, but certainly a lot better than I was expecting. That is, until the last 5 minutes, which had me loudly (not quite shouting, since I couldn't care enough to do so) ask "Why would you do that? What was wrong with the premise of the show up until now?!"

Go with James Cameron's original choice for Terminator, Lance Henrickson. Yes he's old, but what would help blend better? A big hulking Arnold, or some thin old dude. Not that I expect a lot of thought or logic to go into the story.

Terminators sent in order to prevent those sequels from ever being made must have utterly failed... :ph34r:

Go with James Cameron's original choice for Terminator, Lance Henrickson. Yes he's old, but what would help blend better? A big hulking Arnold, or some thin old dude. Not that I expect a lot of thought or logic to go into the story.

Sweet, then you can call him Weyland, and get the awesome Alien Tie-in and then we can get what everyone always wanted, the Alien Versus Predator Versus Terminator movie. Oooh and Lance Henrickson can be the only humanoid character in the movie, Lance Henrickson "Synthetic humans" Versus Lance Henrickson Terminators then they join up to fight against Aliens, and then some drunk Predators could crashland at a convenient battle ground.

Hey wait a minute, where's my screenwriter's guild card......

Vin Desil, heh? Why not? The terminator role is tailor made for wooden performances.

Vin Deisel? I can see it already.

The Dieselnator, standing over a dead human, looks down at him and says,

"Didn't know who he was fu****' with."

Edited by Warmaker

Terminators sent in order to prevent those sequels from ever being made must have utterly failed...

Actually what ended up happening is he got sent back to the era of Jesus Christ to protect him and stop his ressurection...it kind of got screwed up.

• 1 month later...

Chud.com is reporting that they had not only recieved a similar rumor of Bale's casting, but that he was to be the next Terminator?! Dammit, for a movie that I don't want to see made, they're already doing their best to make me want to see it (McG's direction aside).

"Stop killing Judas!"

"But he will betray you."

"I know that! Look I got a lot on my mind and you're really stressing me out!"

The first version of Terminator 3 from madTV. :lol: That one had me laughing.

Damnit you beat me too it!

"Don't worry, he'll be back...What?" :lol:

I thought something happened during negotiations for the rights to Terminator? MGM and WB were fighting over it, MGM cried foul and had negotiations suspended for 30 days and then they were gonna do something else to get it pushed furhter back...?

• 4 weeks later...
Sometimes people have to let certain titles go.How about move on to new stuff?Maybe that's one reason why we're having this Writer's strike because they're bored with the same crap.

No, that's an after effect of not hiring the good writers after the last writers strike 10 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

The first terminator had some cool "flashbacks" of the future war. I want this to be dark not bright and clear like t3. Also since it is full on war, it should be like a saving private ryan with robots killing the humans and putting them in concentration camps and marking them with lasers and poo that reese talked about in no.1

Rubber skinned models should be shown (giving us the evolution of the terminators from unrealistic versions to the bad breath ones with human skin).

If this sucks then all they have to do is create another movie that tells us how they went back in time to prevent the events in this movie from ever happening so they can leave the franchise open for a better retelling of the future. :D

the first movie should be a post apoc survival horror affair with barely an escape (treat it like a zombie movie: the terminator is the 'monster' and the soldiers are victims like the soldiers in the predator movies who think they can beat it, but die pathetically one by one for underestimating its intelligence)

second movie is the actual war where they've got the resistance up and running and rescuing humans from the pow camps and finding new weaknesses and limits to the machines. Shows the rise of JC and the training of the soldiers on how to hunt the terminators. (arnie models start to appear more often by this time) Kyle Reese is a young soldier who survives from a pow camp. (show us how he got the mark on his arm) He has a thing for older women and likes John Conner's mom and thinks she's a MILF.

third movie: humans have reverse engineered the technology and using proper futuristic weapons. Terminators are more sophisticated able to trick humans into thinking they are real humans. (t1000s are morphing into replica versions of key human leaders leading them into ambushes. kinda like that "war hero" in mospeada) Only specially trained dogs and sophisticated sensors will tell the difference between them. The only trustworthy machines are the ones the humans hacked so they use teams of these to fight. John Conner gets assasinated by the newer morphing terminator which disguised itself as the arnie model he trusted. (the arnie model was later reprogrammed to kill humans by the t1000 and this is the one you see going back in time to the first terminator movie since it knows the most about john from its memory of his face and experience with him in the resistance)

The ending sequence (like the end of star wars episode III linking OT with PT) shows Reese is sent back to 80s to save the mom who he will bang furiously to create a new john conner (completing his mission) and to pass the message on: "the future is not set".

the end. It's an endless loop that prevents the machines from winning by allowing people in the present to fight them in their everyday lives and decisions they make. (ie military rejecting to use robots as soldiers so they can't turn against you) The leaderless resistance obviously never beats the machines and its a stalemate where the machines keep getting smarter and learning our strategies the longer they fight us, that is until the end of the world comes. (when machines kill their own leaders because they were built to be like us causing the extinction of terminators as they nuke the entire planet in a global civil war. )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The first terminator had some cool "flashbacks" of the future war. I want this to be dark not bright and clear like t3. Also since it is full on war, it should be like a saving private ryan with robots killing the humans and putting them in concentration camps and marking them with lasers and poo that reese talked about in no.1

Rubber skinned models should be shown (giving us the evolution of the terminators from unrealistic versions to the bad breath ones with human skin).

If this sucks then all they have to do is create another movie that tells us how they went back in time to prevent the events in this movie from ever happening to leave the franchise open for a better retelling of the future. :D

Rubber skinned to bad breath ones...to those that leak "lubrication" and has fatty tissue on their chests. (Sarah Connor Chronicles :lol:)

Btw do they have concentration camps for humans? I thought Skynet wanted to kill off the human race?