PS2 Macross

Roy Focker

Found this on youtube. Its an early promo vid of the PS2 game. Interesting that the initial promo vid shows that they were planning to include the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0 (which was interestingly named Phoenix. I always wondered where they got that name) and the SV-51. Unfortunately only the VF-4 was the only non-VF-1 that made it into the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-sJqYkH9Aw

Hi guys as some of you know I am co-organizing an event for a local Macross 25th Anniversary Convention and we will be holding a competition for the PS2 Game and I'm working on the competition format.

"As there is no VS player mode for the game, the winners are determined by Grades, then by scores. Grades take precedence over scores at all times should there be a conflict at any time of higher grades vs lower scores."

Grades and scores are earned by how much damage you deal to the enemies (the more the better!), how much damage you receive (don't get damaged at all for best results!), and how fast you complete your mission. (the faster you are the better!)

The problem is I don't know how true is the above since I just pulled it out of my a$$.....and I can never get an S when I expect it and sometimes get an S when I don't expect it! :lol:

Can someone tell me how do I score in the games so I can tell the participants how they are graded? Thanks! ;)

I would think Grade and then Score would be it. I mean, I haven't played the game for a while(2 years about), but doesn't your grade go down in cases where the objective is to defend the Macross (or some other thing) but you let it take obscene amounts of damage? Personally, I find the best way to get S-ranks on a lot of the stages is simply to kill everything that moves before it can get anywhere near the objective, if its a "Defend X" mission. Otherwise, try not to get hit and pretty much rush everything that moves like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by Torii