VF-4 Valkrie "Lightning III" & VF-2SS

505thAirborne

To answer you Ratchet, First Yamato put out the Original 1/60 Diecast VF-1 Valkyries, (Which I have almost all of those, Love the VT-1 and VE-1) Then they knocked us out with the larger 1/48 scale. (I only have a few of those...$$$$)

But for what ever reason when Yamato released the Macross Zero line of Toys, they were resized as 1/60 scale. But are the same size basically of the 1/48 scale.

So when you read everyone saying I'll take it in 1:60, Just think the 1/48 scale Valkyries.

I personally love the MACROSS DYRL SDF-1. But if WAVE does anymore projects. I hope to see a Larger TV version.

does this mean that Yamato will be re-releasing all the 1/60 vf-1 toys with the 1/48 transformation system? I do not want to have to buy all those again.

Sign me up for the "buying both" camp also.

Damn fine desings love to see both in toy form. B))

Awwww. Well, Yamato has been known to change their minds on things (1/100 VF-0 to 1/60 VF-0, 1/60 Destroid Monster), although the Monster may not be a good example...

I hope they change their mind on a VF-4. I needs one. In fact you can tell them that "some dumg guy" wants a VF-4. ;):lol:

As for the VF-2SS, I realized one of the major things that bugged me about the design. The legs being so far off to the side in fighter mode. It looks off, being separated so far from the body.

Well heres some food for thought, If Yamato is a NO go for ever making these Fighters a reality. What other company out there could possibly pull it off. I would suggest Bandai but they seem to be more Model kits than anything. Their Macross 7 Valkyries are not much to behold... Fun to own, but only so-so. The Old school VF-1's are still the classic and my personal favorites.

I have the new WAVE 1/5000 SDF-1 Macross. I like it and its very well built, Maybe they (WAVE) ought to take a swing at the VF-4 & VF-2SS Valk's.? Also who is the company making the new MOSPEADA toys...maybe them? :unsure:

What do you guys think? What say you Graham, How do we get the word out?

Referring to the thread title.

Should Yamato make them? Heck yes.

Will Yamato make them? Sorry, no.

Graham

A shame. The Lightning is one of those VF's I have a great affection for (along with the VF-9, another one that I know that no-one will ever make), and I do like the VF-2SS but for some reason only in "clean" configuration. I'm not particularly fussed with it once you add the SAP system to it. I occasionally see the kits for sale on Ebay over here in the UK but they a) usually slide beyond my price range and b) are usually already built so it would be an absolute bear to try to dissassemble the SAP.

Ah well, we can dream right?

Karl

A shame. The Lightning is one of those VF's I have a great affection for (along with the VF-9, another one that I know that no-one will ever make), and I do like the VF-2SS but for some reason only in "clean" configuration. I'm not particularly fussed with it once you add the SAP system to it. I occasionally see the kits for sale on Ebay over here in the UK but they a) usually slide beyond my price range and b) are usually already built so it would be an absolute bear to try to dissassemble the SAP.

Ah well, we can dream right?

Karl

Sometimes you get lucky; i got my last one from amenbo for $20 shipped, and i picked up another one with Resin upgrade parts for $35, you just gotta keep your eyes open.

Sometimes you get lucky; i got my last one from amenbo for $20 shipped, and i picked up another one with Resin upgrade parts for $35, you just gotta keep your eyes open.

Sadly they don't tend to go for that kind of price level around here. Last one I remember seeing went for about £20 - £25, which is about $40 - $50US. If it had come up earlier in the year I would have snagged it like a shot. But unfortunately my financial situation has changed a bit recently and put it outside the price range I could justify.

But as you say, worth keeping my eyes peeled as you never know.

Karl

That VF-2SS is awsome especially the cockpit area.

I wonder if Bandai revisits VF-2SS as a part of their R3 line.