MW keeps logging me out

Same thing is happening to me and my bookmarks are set to http://mw.com.

For me it seems to happen in 8 to 10 hour stretches or when I change venues. For example, when I'm at work it will keep me logged in but when I go home and go to MW I will be "logged out". I assumed that had something to do with changing IP's so I ignored it. But lately I'll be logged in at night and then in the morning before leaving for work I'll check MW and on some days I'll be logged out and I'll have to log back in but on others it remembers me. It's been very irregular in when it happens lately.

Looks like there's still some links on the main page that link to www.macrossworld.com/forums as well. This might be still tripping people up. I'll PM Mechamaniac about changing them. If need be, I think I can dig out my password to the main site somewhere here in this mess. : )

I get logged out all the time. I've deleted and refreshed my cookies, made sure I do like V4lkyrie3, and I randomly get logged out. I just live with it, but I curse a lot. :p I think MW forums does that to people it dislikes. :(:lol:

It's at times like this that sometimes it's important to remember that a lot of people don't have any issues. . . :p

I use MW from four different computers and three different ISP/networks. Two browsers (IE and Firefox).

After noticing some oddness after the server move a few months back, I. . .

Updated my bookmarks

Cleared my cache

Cleared my cookies

. . . and I never had any trouble again. I'm logged in on each computer and I stay logged in on each computer.

It's pretty clear that this problem is isolated to certain circumstances. So we need to try to isolate what those circumstances are. . . as it does not look like this is going to end up being a fix where a switch is thrown on our end.

If we're going to keep discussing these issues, I strongly suggest we start posting details again regarding ISP, operating system, browser version, customized settings, and environmental variables (are you changing your IP? Moving from network to network?).

Otherwise, this thread just becomes a series of: "Me too! Fix it!" posts that really don't serve a purpose.

It's highly unlikely that "we" at MW can "fix" it as things seem to be working normally for the vast majority of users. Rather, we can merely help you isolate what's going on on your end of things that is causing MW to behave like this for you.

Help us, help you! :p

Having said that, I suspect this is a case of your IP changing while your cookie does not. The boards may need to create a cookie again for you when it sees the old one that was created under the old IP. I don't see this issue because my IP address from all of my locations stay relatively static.

If those of you having this issue would be kind enough to note your IP address (not the one your router gives you but the one your router is given by your ISP), and then note the IP address again after you notice that you've been unexpectedly logged out, that would be helpful and possibly indicative of the problem.

You can see your current (world routable) IP address (not your local one from router) by going to the following site:

http://whatsmyip.org/

• 4 months later...

Why does MacrossWorld keep logging me out? It used to be only once or twice a week, and now it's nearly every session. A few times I've had to re-log in during an active session, and once while I was posting a reply. I was logged in when I started the reply and logged out when I hit "add reply". This is most irritating as MW is the only site that does this to me.

Why does MacrossWorld keep logging me out? It used to be only once or twice a week, and now it's nearly every session. A few times I've had to re-log in during an active session, and once while I was posting a reply. I was logged in when I started the reply and logged out when I hit "add reply". This is most irritating as MW is the only site that does this to me.

Can you please give some indication that you've read and ruled out some of the causes listed above in this thread? We can't help you or answer your question if you give us absolutely no information regarding your connection or your environment.

Like stated earlier it could happen if you have DSL or another connection that uses dyanmic IP. I've been having issues getting that for the first time and I'd get my connection knocked off for a second, then I'd have to logon again due to the new IP. Now it's fine

Can you please give some indication that you've read and ruled out some of the causes listed above in this thread? We can't help you or answer your question if you give us absolutely no information regarding your connection or your environment.

well, clearing my cache and deleting my cookies and temporary internet files has done nothing. Same with linking to http://mw instead of http://www.mw.