Smallville Season 7

Apollo Leader

So does Bizarro Clark speak in the funky Bizarro language?

<_< He's RedKryptoniteClark with a skin cracking problem. Honestly, the show doesn't seem to try anymore. They try to have Superman comic/tv/movie characters, then completely re-write them to lose everything that made them memorable....

Ha, the local TV stations here in HK only showed up to season 2. Guess I have a lot to catch up on. Is that hot chick, Kristen Kruek (spelling?) still in it?

Graham

i havent kept track of the show since season 2 but i watched it the other night it was ok. not great just ok. and Yeah she's still there although I didnt quite get what everybody was up to . It seems like everybody has a problem to deal with.

<_< He's RedKryptoniteClark with a skin cracking problem. Honestly, the show doesn't seem to try anymore. They try to have Superman comic/tv/movie characters, then completely re-write them to lose everything that made them memorable....

Yeah, they've been picking and choosing what they 'think' works and what doesn't and it's turned into a mess. Especially with the SuperGirl material. Looks like they are going to use the Lex love angle from the comics but without the rest. But she doesn't matter anyhow because they've had other Kryptonians on the show, so it kills the impact quite a bit. <_<

It's like watching a slow-mo Rocky fight scene.

umm... the Lex/Supergirl love storyline wasn't between Lex and Kara Zor-El... EVER. It was between Lex and the Matrix Supergirl... and the Matrix Supergirl was retconed out of existence so it never happened.

Never got past the "Lex love angle" did you. :rolleyes:

Got to watch the premiere episode over the weekend so all is right with the world (thanks, Mr. March). ^_^ The episode has also been appearing on youtube.

As for certain things about the Smallville TV series not exactly meching with the comic, just like any other live action interpratation of a comic book or cartoon (ie. Spider-man, X-Men, Batman) this is it's own unique story and creation. Enjoy it for what it is. The comics for these characters who have been around for many decades constantly change regarding the characters' origin stories or what is currently happening with them, their environments, etc.

I like the approach and liberties they took with the series. I used to be one of those people who wanted faithful adaptaions but have come to realize that that isn't always the best way to go. Especially when you have to consider that they want to have viewership of the shows/movies so they rewrite to appeal to a bigger base than just the fans. Smallville had always done a good job of that up until i stopped watching about 3 years ago so i lost track of what has transpired since. The one problem i do have is the invasion of the Justice League in all WB shows and cartoons lately. Last season saw a mini justice league on Smallville, and they are supposed to show up on The Batman this season. These shows can stand on their own without the inclusion of all these other superheros. The only person that should have been on the show as a guest on Smallville should have been a young Bruce Wayne. I know in Wizard magazine that had been talking about that for years, a person showing up who is more akin to lex luthor with a concious than Clark, and the tensions and fricture that would start there and lead onto their adult lives. Like Bruce hitting on Lois, or Lana for this show seeing as how Lois and Clark are not meant to be an item at this time. Just like we will never see clark in the suit until maybe the very last episode of the show, that was one of the conditions of the writers/ producers. No suit, no flying; and yes he has flown but not as clark/superman it is usually as Kal-El and that has been the loop hole around that.

Just like we will never see clark in the suit until maybe the very last episode of the show, that was one of the conditions of the writers/ producers. No suit, no flying; and yes he has flown but not as clark/superman it is usually as Kal-El and that has been the loop hole around that.

IMHO, some of the stipulations the Smallville creators set early on (ie. Clark not being able to fly) I think should be dropped because I don't think they had even remotely imagined that this show would go on at least 7 seasons. Maybe Supergirl (Kara) will teach him how to fly.

Never got past the "Lex love angle" did you. :rolleyes:

Was just pointing that out because you said "Lex Love Angle" but that's the wrong supergirl...

But I don't mind the changes smallville made up until halfway through the last season when I stopped watching (probably less then halfway). You have to let it tell it's own story, it's kind of irksome that he's practically Superman already except for the fact that he can't fly yet... I mean at what point should they just rename the series and break the no costume rule?

IMHO, some of the stipulations the Smallville creators set early on (ie. Clark not being able to fly) I think should be dropped because I don't think they had even remotely imagined that this show would go on at least 7 seasons. Maybe Supergirl (Kara) will teach him how to fly.

Yes i think that is what happened actually. I don't think it was supposed to go past Clark in high school but they keep renewing the show. it is like lost they had an idea and didn't expect it to last as long as it has and everytime they renew the show the writers/producers have to now find more ways to stretch out the storylines. Eventually it puts a strain on the writing and feel of the show. I am sure Clark will fly eventually especially since Supergirl, and Bizzaro can fly there is no point it continuing to keep him behind the power curve. Hey just now realized he can draw more power and strength from the sun and it took him seven seasons to come to that???

... I think should be dropped because I don't think they had even remotely imagined that this show would go on at least 7 seasons. ...

They are definitely ending it by season 8. ( http://www.wizarduniverse.com/television/s...e/006013645.cfm ). Most producers never know how long their shows will last. That's what happens when we have a per-season format.

They are definitely ending it by season 8. ( http://www.wizarduniverse.com/television/s...e/006013645.cfm ). Most producers never know how long their shows will last. That's what happens when we have a per-season format.

that interveiw clarifies a lot of things for me and makes me really keen to watch this season, Supergirl has always been my favorite DC character and I like how they're doing it like the current incarnation's story where she left at the same time and was supposed to take care of Baby Kal-el but now she's younger then him.

The Supergirl story arc of Batman/Superman was one of my favorites.

Spoilers for Episode 2...

So it looks like they're taking the comic story arc where Kara was sent to kill Baby Kal-el and her true personality was submerged probably in the missing Crystal. that's just my guess though in the actual story-arc it's ambiguous which was her true personality, she comes out as a nice girl at the end though. But still I'm liking the whole Supergirl thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how this show pays respect to the Superman film and TV legacy. Recent Dean Cain guest starred as a immotral killer. His name was Carl or Chris Knox or C.K. (Clark Kent). Later Helen Slater the original Supergirl from that terrible movie is to be on the show. I love that it is so cool to me to see the respect and homages to those that came before.

I love how this show pays respect to the Superman film and TV legacy. Recent Dean Cain guest starred as a immotral killer. His name was Carl or Chris Knox or C.K. (Clark Kent). Later Helen Slater the original Supergirl from that terrible movie is to be on the show. I love that it is so cool to me to see the respect and homages to those that came before.

I wouldn't call the original Supergirl movie horrible... especially after seeing the European cut (which makes a lot more sense then the american version), it's not a great movie but it's kind of fun and cute. (though I really think Lucy Lane is a lesbian who's in love with Linda/Kara, even though she's going out with Jimmy in that movie).

• 4 months later...

so i am sitting here watch the last few episodes of smallville on my dvr and is it me or are they now blatantly ripping off other movies. the gun fight between lex and green arrow is obviously from equilibrium and the episode where clark enters his mind is from the cell. i know films and tv rip from other sources but now this is ridiculous. start at least geting ideas from the comics.

so i am sitting here watch the last few episodes of smallville on my dvr and is it me or are they now blatantly ripping off other movies. the gun fight between lex and green arrow is obviously from equilibrium and the episode where clark enters his mind is from the cell. i know films and tv rip from other sources but now this is ridiculous. start at least geting ideas from the comics.

I agree, first, I'm watching it, and thinking it's Torchwood because of the sound effects (I know, I know, it's a generic sound effect, but Torchwood uses it alot), and then I see the fight and I'm also thinking Equilibrium. The show is just jumping around too much from plot to plot. My wife gave up trying to figure out the story and stopped watching it.

• 1 month later...

Time to breath some new life into this thread. Based off of the trailer shown at the end of the last episode and some clips that the CW have posted on Youtube...

Lionel Luthor will be toast as a result of tonight's episode. Looks like Lex will shove Lionel out the window of his office. There's at least one scene where Lex is confronted by what little good is left in him, the young Lex seen in the episode where Clark goes into Lex's head.

I really like Smallville, currently I am in the middle of Season 5 DVD box set, Wal-Mart has all 6 season for $20 a pop for anyone wanting the DVD's. I have not really seen season 7 yet, but I really like the show and where they have gone.

Twich

I liked that too. Why make us wait for what we all knew what would happen. You know despite it's flaws i do enjoy the show; and even though they don't want it to happen i guess in the very last episode i would love to see clark in the suit, and lex in his white suit in metropolis looking at "superman" fly through the sky. THat would be an amazing closer to the show. Of course with the Superman fanfare playing as well.

• 2 weeks later...

And the bad news keeps on coming. Lex is leaving the show and Doomsday is coming in......

The "Smallville" producers, The CW, Warner Bros. Television, and Michael Rosenbaum announced Thursday that the actor will be leaving the show. First up, the statement from the former three, which also announces that Doomsday and a female antagonist will join the show for Season 8:

Joint statement from "Smallville" Executive Producers Darren Swimmer, Todd Slavkin, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson; The CW Network; and Warner Bros. Television regarding Michael Rosenbaum's departure from "Smallville":

"It has been an honor and pleasure to work with Michael for the past six seasons. He is one of the best actors on television and has never failed to bring a new layer to the character of Lex Luthor in every episode. While Michael won't be a series regular and we won't have the pleasure of working with him on a weekly basis this fall, we like to think that we haven't seen the last of Lex Luthor. Stay tuned."

Details for Season 8:

Additionally, two new villains will join the cast of characters on "Smallville" this season: the legendary, unstoppable Doomsday, and a female antagonist who will challenge Clark in ways never before imagined. Casting is underway for both roles.

Doomsday: In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on "Smallville" for the first time. As comic book fans know, Doomsday is notorious for being the only character in the DC Comics universe to have killed Superman.

Female villain: Doomsday won't be Clark's only nemesis in the upcoming season. The executive producers are tight-lipped about a new female villain they will be introducing, but they can say she will be familiar to many fans and will set her sights on Clark in ways Lex never could. Intelligent, brilliantly manipulative, and dangerously sinister, our gorgeous new villain has one more weapon in her arsenal: Her mutual attraction with Clark may prove to be as deadly as kryptonite for him.

And Rosenbaum's statement:

Dear Smallville Fans,

Well, it's been seven wonderful years. Your support is what has made Smallville so successful, and I appreciate you all more than you know.

That being said, it is time for me to start the next chapter of my life and career. I hope that I gave you some enjoyment over the years, and that you found my portrayal of Lex Luthor to be satisfying. I am truly grateful, as Smallville fans are the best fans out there. I sincerely hope that you will continue to follow my career through my hair growth period and beyond.

I'm very excited about what the future holds, but certainly, Smallville will always be a part of me. I will definitely miss the greatest crew in the world, and the wonderful cast that has been like a family to me.

Thank you Al and Miles for creating the show. Thank you writers, producers, directors and editors. Thanks Tollin, Robbins and Davola for being there for the pilot. Thank you Peter Roth for employing me for ten years. Lisa Lewis, I miss you already. John Glover, thanks for helping me feel more comfortable touching other actors, while acting. Bizarre, but helpful.

Mostly, I want to thank Greg Beeman for directing the "Oh Sherry" video, by Steve Perry, back in the 80's.

Thanks crew. Thanks fans. Thanks Smallville.

I love you all,

Michael Rosenbaum

Already knew Michael Rosenbaum was going to leave. Kristin Kreuk is also planning on leaving this season. Hopefully they could get him back to do a few episodes next season. But I would like them to end the show next season. I think 8 seasons is enough.

Y'know I kinda like this; Clark needs new enemies to fight. Lex has been great these past seven yrs. with his conflicted nature. This season with him killing his father and finally being that no-nonsense baddie has been brilliant. Lex has been overused & time to put him on the back burner and have Clark come into the larger world. I like him to team up with Ollie's Justice League & maybe fight a Smallville version of the Injustice League. Lana's been wonderful to but Clark really needs a new girlfriend. They'll probably have him get a little more closer to Lois but they should look more into comic's past. Maybe Lori Lemaris, a mermaid from Atlantis that Clark met in college, or the Superwoman from another world that Supergirl introduced Superman to Luma Lunai. I know these are hokey silver age characters but they can modernize'em. Clark really needs to work at the Daily Planet. I suspect with Chloe's firing we'll see Clark behind desk.