Yamato Valkyries Cannot Fly

robokochan

So here's the story. I broke down and bought a VE-1 because it is my favorite and chances on bandai re-issueing are slim. So I had it on one of Sithlords stands displayed on a book case. I was cleaning my office when I hit the bookcase and then it happened. My VE-1 took flight. It was not graceful, it wasn't powerful, just a stright plunge to my desk then the floor.

At this point complete shock took over as I looked at all of the pieces that were scattered about the floor. After I finished cursing, I began the process of trying to piece back my Valk. Now I know all of the stories about how fragile Yamato's are and I prepared myself for the worst. I personallyhave 3 other Valks from Yamato and all 3 are broken in some way or another.

Now I was braced for having a total of 4 broken Yamato's. But as I looked through the pieces I began to notice that nothing was broke. Nothing. Just one bent antennae. That's it. So basically this VE-1 fell approx. 8 feet hitting my desk (causing all pieces to fly off it in different directions), then slammed into the floor, and was un-damaged.

I am completely surprized. And I have a new found respect for Yamato. But that respect is still small due to the parts thing. But alittle respect has been earned.

Rob MN

.........Rob Rob Rob Rob...

Theres a lesson to be learnt here....

A very IMPORTANT lesson....

'Dont Clean'.

:lol::lol:

Oh, btw, I have lost my little SD model!!!!!! I cant find it anywhere! Im sure it will turn up...... *i hope*

Love the monkey suit. It can be ur test pilot uniform? :)

Did u put ur stickers on it yet, the VE ? i just got mine, but hadn't yet..

:lol: We've all had some sort of "fragile object not breaking after falling from what seems like 100 feet" thing happen before. And then followed by what my 11th grade English teacher calls, "shiffa, fashas," Something like that happened to my F-15C model and F-18A. A lot of cursing going around that's for sure, but not as much as when my computer decides freeze or crash or not start up properly...especially when there's a term paper due in one week! <_< :angry:

Cool story, Rob. IIRC from my physics class, your story makes logical sense. Upon impact, the armor (being on the outermost along with low density) would easily absorb most of the kinetic energy, sparing the Valkyrie from most of it. The final burst of energy would be released in all the little pieces snapping off the Valkyrie. We got any physics majors around here to see if my memory is worth beans? :p

Cool story, Rob. IIRC from my physics class, your story makes logical sense. Upon impact, the armor (being on the outermost along with low density) would easily absorb most of the kinetic energy, sparing the Valkyrie from most of it. The final burst of energy would be released in all the little pieces snapping off the Valkyrie. We got any physics majors around here to see if my memory is worth beans? :p

what you said is correct,. :D i`m no phycist though

Thanks about the avatar....I had a custom Monkey Suit made...for the Kindergarten. B)

Yeah Cleaning does suck. Although you do find interesting items that you were thought long gone. I found a Popy UFO Robo Grendizer behind my desk :blink: How it got there I will never know. I also found a VF-1S HCM in a box. Who knows...if I actually finish I may find some more cool stuff!

SAM: nope no decals yet. Actually I don't like putting the decals on toys. they end up just coming off and making the toy look like crap. But I guess I could. I just bought another VE-1 today, couldn't resist the price. It will stay in the box.

Talkin about flying... maybe planemodel builders can make one fly?  :rolleyes:

Actually I have an old Rocket propellant device. It was made here in Japan. Supposably you can attach it to a model plane or car and it gives it thrust. I haven't used it before. Looks alittle dangerous. What you do is put the chemical circular tablet in the metal case. Stick a metal rod through the thrust nossel and heat it with a lighter until it ignites. They are supposed to work, but I guess it would trash the model. When i go back to my toy office I will try to take a pic of it to show what I am talking about.

Edited by Monkey-N

Talkin about flying... maybe planemodel builders can make one fly?  :rolleyes:

Actually I have an old Rocket propellant device. It was made here in Japan. Supposably you can attach it to a model plane or car and it gives it thrust. I haven't used it before. Looks alittle dangerous. What you do is put the chemical circular tablet in the metal case. Stick a metal rod through the thrust nossel and heat it with a lighter until it ignites. They are supposed to work, but I guess it would trash the model. When i go back to my toy office I will try to take a pic of it to show what I am talking about.

Hmm, it doesn't sound too dangerous but I wouldn't trust that with a lighter. Probably because everything I work with uses an electric current (as do most model rocket ignition systems). That is surprising about the elintseeker, although I still hope that Bandai will reissue it. The prices on the Bandai elintseekers are insane now.

I was cleaning my office when I hit the bookcase and then it happened. My VE-1 took flight. It was not graceful, it wasn't powerful, just a stright plunge to my desk then the floor.

Hey Rob.

I guess you won't be keeping anymore Yammies on your bookcase eh?

It'll make you sleep a lot better a night. :lol:

yammie's should be alright unless a bandai fall on top of them :lol:

I try not to drop stuff but occasionally something like a glass table gets thrown... along with everything that happens o be on top of it. "just can't live without rage-a-hol". Which reminds me... I might have that JM part bobe needed now :unsure:

Glad to hear that monkey was favored by the gods of gravity ;)

oh yeah... I agree that cleaning should be avoided as much as possible, that way when you finally get to it you find all sorts of stuff you forgot you had. A HCM 'eh rob?

Just wopndering if anyone has accidentally dropped a chunky monkey before? :(

It would probably be ok in fighter mode, but in Battroid, you may suffer from a bent hip... All depends on the angle, how far it fell, what it fell onto (carpeting can be a life saver), disposition of the gods, etc...

Luckly none of my Yammies have fallen from any significant height. I had one of my legs for my Max 1A fall about 3.5 feet onto carpeting without a scratch. The worst is falling over onto a hard wood desk because of the crazy poses I put them through.

When I first received Sithlord's stands, (2) I would put my yammies in cool banking poses. A YF-19 with a YF-21 was a repeating favorite. Anywho one day I was running the Hover and bumped the bookcase. Gravity ensues. :o The afore metioned YF-19 took the plunge. Luckily no breakage, but I think I lost a year from my life :(

Needless to say "no more banking poses"

Just wopndering if anyone has accidentally dropped a chunky monkey before? :(

It would probably be ok in fighter mode, but in Battroid, you may suffer from a bent hip... All depends on the angle, how far it fell, what it fell onto (carpeting can be a life saver), disposition of the gods, etc...

Luckly none of my Yammies have fallen from any significant height. I had one of my legs for my Max 1A fall about 3.5 feet onto carpeting without a scratch. The worst is falling over onto a hard wood desk because of the crazy poses I put them through.

dropped... no

thrown... perhaps...

let's just say that it's best to keep them in fighter mode if you plan on throwing the table they are on as they just don't hold up in battroid mode. Then again... neither do JM's :blink:

The worst part is both would be easy fixes if I could only find the two missing bits of plastic amidst all the accumulated debris. :unsure:

can't live without "rage-a-hol" :unsure:

[Ralph Wiggum] I bent my Valkyrie. [/Ralph Wiggum]

Glad to hear that nothing broke, Rob. About a week after I got my 1/48 Fast Packs, my fully loaded 1/48 Hikaru took a 4 foot nose dive (I too was cleaning. I'll never make that mistake again :lol: ). Luckily, it too survived without any problems.