Your Top Holy Grail Toy

Ratchet

To me, a holy grail would be something ellusive, so that would be a prototype Boba Fett with removable missile.

My personal choises are Diaclone Sky Base and Robot Base.

I suspect what you had was a "Jumbo Machinder" Mazinger toy - released in the US as "Shogun Warriors". If you go to a site like Toybox DX they should be able to tell you all about them, its probably the most well known Jumbo Machinder around!

The search continues. Thanks!

Are you sure it was Mazinkaiser and not Mazinger? Mazinkaiser first showed up in Super Robot Wars Alpha for the Playstation and Dreamcast... and the OVA followed shortly after.

I know there was a Mazinger Z toy like that many years ago.

BTW did nobody get the joke in my first post?

I got one on feeBay last night MISB. Thanks for the heads up on how to search him out.

Now all I need to do is figure out where to put it :huh:

My Holy Grails (Yes, these are obtainable, I know...)

1. BPX-01 SOUL OF POPYNICA BATTLESHIP YAMATO BANDAI Just bought one mint off Ebay for $160 shipped!:)

2. 1/48 T.V. Hikaru VF-1J Got that a couple of weeks ago! :)

3. 1/48 Max and Millia VF1-J's

4. 1/48 Roy (Would be better if Yamato made a T.V. version!)

5. 1/48 VF-1J Steath

6. 1/48 VF-1A CF

7. A 1/60 VF-0S & OA Shin type that isn't a floppy piece of s#!7!!!

8. A 1/60 SV-51 with NO QC issues out of the box!

8. A Mospeda Legioss (That looks good in all modes) and matching Tread

9. A new repaint of the 1/60 YF-19 and a VF-22 to go with it.

That's all for now, lol. :p

-Kyp

There are so many great toys that would qualify but I had to add this one here.

My cousin used to have this when we were kids and I always was envious of him. He did let me play with it and I loved this toy. Now is goes for thousands if you can even find it. I would love to get one.

The Tetsujin 28 Godaikin die cast with magnetic figures and internal parts.

Link

Link

Edited by miriya

To tell the truth i had a lot of holy grails and if this thread was started at the beginning of the year i would have a ton of stuff but after i came back from my deployment in may i was able to acquire them all. The two at the very top were the gunbuster and the perfect change getter robo. Now i have both plus my valks so i don't have any elusive toys anymore. I can get everything else i want right now. No wait okay a 1/48 Low Vis 1 valk, that is my new holy grail. I want one so bad and i am mad i passed on it before.

Lots of people can't afford $200 toys, so they might as well be "holy grails."

My collection:

1/48 VF-1A Low Vis

1/48 VF-1S Roy Focker

Predaking (thanks to Ryan ^_^ )

2 MP-1 Convoys

G1 Bruticus

2 MP-05 Megatrons

2 1/55 Strike Valk Roy Fockers (I love these durable toys)

Binaltechs

Takara #10 Soundwave

Missing Voltes V, Yamato Space Battleship, Godzilla, and Mazinger Z.

Damn...forgot to mention that one day I'll complete my TF gestalt collection.

Edited by Ratchet

I had a real good think of what would be my alltime top holy grail toy, and i came up with....

1. SOC Eva-02. (extremely badass. I will take a pic of my pose i just busted out last night with her.)

2. VF-1S (1/48) Hikaru or Roy - tied, Hikaru piloting Roy 1S in half gerwalk (ala final battle saving Misa) and Hik's 1S Strike.

3. Revy Revoltech. (whats not to love? big luscious boobs, bad ass Revoltech poseability, perfect 1/60 Meltran scale... WIN!)

And of course, once the 1/60 YF-21 comes, she (the 21), will rule over all.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I had a real good think of what would be my alltime top holy grail toy, and i come up with....

1. SOC Eva-02. (extremely badass. I will take a pic of my pose i just busted out last night with her.)

2. VF-1S (1/48) Hikaru or Roy - tied, Hikaru piloting Roy 1S in half gerwalk (ala final battle saving Misa) and Hik's 1S Strike.

3. Revy Revoltech. (whats not to love? big luscious boobs, bad ass Revoltech poseability, perfect 1/60 Meltran scale... WIN!)

And of course, once the 1/60 YF-21 comes, she will rule over all.

If they make the YF-21 AND 22 into 1/48 scale, then maybe they'll rule. Haven't you ppl learned that Yamato will eventually release 1/48th versions.

Edited by Ratchet

hey guys! first post here, but ive been a fan of the site for about 6 years...i was just never into internet foums until a year or so ago.

anyway, my top 5 holy grail toys are sitting happily in my display cabinet. They are as follows:

MP-1 Convoy

Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru with Strike Parts

Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Strike

Raiden Giftset

Landcross Giftset

• 8 years later...

I only have a small collection of diecast vehicles and my only growing collecting is Macross these days so it would have to be my M&M VF-1J pair and my TSM 1:18 Tyrrell P34 Silverstone Trophy Race F1 car all of which cost me a small fortune..

888-926_test.JPG

:o:wub::D

Edited by spanner76

In terms of rarity and market price:

Wave Galient - bought unopened at original price

Megahouse Zwooth - bought opened at original price

In terms of value but not necessarily rare

ThreeA Metal Gear Ray

ThreeZero Full Metal Ghost

ThreeZero Shield Liger

- All bought in yen and below original retail, even including shipping.

In terms of premium paid for a rare release within a large lineup

Volks Takemikazuchi Yui ver. 4k yen in 2007, bought for 20k yen in 2013

Bandai VF-25G renewal bought for 25k

Bandai Ozma Armor Pack bought for 19k

Bandai preorder and web exclusive madness items, and other regular rares that skyrocketed in price within a week and bought before the price jump

God Cloth Aiolia

Metal Build 00 Raiser (bought used but 10k below market price)

Riobot Delphine 3rd form

Megahouse Slephnir

Figuarts Kuuga new ver.

Personal favourites and rare

Megahouse Sirbine

Bandai EDF Flagship Andromeda

Very rare but not worth too much

Wave Wings of Rean Nanajin

Yamato 1/60 V2 YF-19.

I've been yearning for a decent representation of Isamu's Valk ever since watching the anime during my college days. The moment my local hobby store opened pre-orders for it way back when, I was the first in line to place a deposit for it.

Since the VF-4G will be reissued my top picks would be a

Yamato VF-11C for Macross

and

the entirety of Metal Build Gundam releases (mainly the Gundam 00 stuff and the 00 Raiser particularly).

[edit:] after some thinking I decided to add the Konami Great Impact Gurren Lagann to the list. In addition I had to pass on the Riobot Gurren Lagann. :(

Edited by Scyla

Playboy's Miss July, 2012...

Shelby's a worthy grail.

A fully poseable G1 Prowl was my longtime grail toy; fulfilled by MP Prowl

My grail now is to have all the bots from the first season of Transformers in MP form in the current scale, esp a new improved seeker design.

Macross-wise, a new improved all-around well proportioned YF-21 to match Arcadia's YF-19, the Variable Glaug, and VF-14

gallery_12176_633_809485.jpg

I would say this is the holiest grail in my vintage Macross toy collection....if not my Macross collection in general....I no longer have any grail items that I am chasing down....feels good to be a casual Macross collector....so much product to choose from....and for the most part, new stuff is easy to acquire these days....