New site going up www.mechamecca.com

Jasonc

Hey guys,

A few of you know me here, so I thought I'd let all of you know that a group of my friends and I are building a site www.mechamecca.com It's not up yet, but the site is basically dedicated to all mecha anime, as well as mecha anime toys, customs, and such. Our goal is to not just have a database for the shows, but also provide news on what's out, what's on the way, and interviews. We plan to have interviews with voice actors, directors, distributors, and so-on.

As this is one of my favorite sites, we will definitely link to here, but also are planning to have a section on custom toys, and medeling tips and tricks. I have a couple people in mind from here that may be able to help, but when the site is up (not until Nov. 17th), I thought I'd get the early word out, and see if anyone has an interest, or comments.

the site will have a dedicated staff who, like me, love Macross. There will definitely be info there, and news, and a new forum. anyways, just wanted to let you all know.

Does anyone have anything they'd like to see on a site like this that they don't see on other sites, or have problems with on other sites that they'd like to see resolution on a new site. We are hoping to have some interesting interviews up sometime soon, so I hope all of you who get this thread will register for the site. There should be some cool stuff to check out once it's running. BTW, thanks for checking this out. :lol:

Exo, you are right, We are trying to find a translator now, or someone who can help with that. Since we are planning on getting interviews from directors, creators in Japan as well, we are looking at a few options there. It's a large work in progress. Glad there are about 8 of us working on this.

• 2 weeks later...

the site should have a "straight from Japan" section, that will feature new articles from the Hobby mags, as well as Newtype, and hopefully interviews with creators, designers, and so-on. We definitely want to get a scoop on anime over there, before it even sees the light of day over here in the U.S. that's what I'm working on.

Dude,

There is definitely a niche market for accurately translated articles in anime and modelling magazines.

You may wish to consider a focus on that service to the anime community, with Mecha being a bonus type section.

You'd need a few translators to get comparison translations of each other's work to maintain accuracy, one very fluent in Japanese, one fluent in both, a native English speaker who can translate and probably a person very good with English grammar to bring it all together coherently.

Seriously, consider the translation angle, it's not really been done before, as far as I know...

Yours could become the definitive source for translated articles one day, with fans supplying the scans of text. With sufficient traffic, the advertising revenue, would pay for the server bandwidth...

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 months later...