Topic notifications via email

isamu

• 1 month later...
Hello Admins, Mods, etc.

For some reason I am not receiving any email topic notifications from this forum. I've made sure all the settings to receive notifications are enabled, but still don't get them.

Can you please check into it?

I have been having same problem for months....

I have a list of threads subscribed to, but not getting notificaton when someone posts..

Makes tracking topics so hard..

I have to keep on top of things or new posts just get lost.

Esp. hard when you are trying to go back and forth with people on a topic..

They post reply/response...but have to wait till I find the topoic again.. for my reply/response. :wacko:

I have checked all appropriate boxes and settings...

I dont even get PM notifications.

:blink:

Edited by orguss01

This is due to the same cause as the registration email issue. It's being looked into. . . but requires participation from the site owners. I'm hoping to have them involved soon.

• 1 month later...
This is due to the same cause as the registration email issue. It's being looked into. . . but requires participation from the site owners. I'm hoping to have them involved soon.

Thanks for the reply Hurin. How are things going on that front? Any word from Shawn or Graham on the issue?

Well. Shawn's aware of the problem. He's made reference elsewhere to some type of dynamic firewall running on the server (at a level which I have no control) which may be contributing to or causing the problem. So, it's all in his hands.

That's all I have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Umm, I have a problem of the different sort.

I'm getting 20 emails today to topics that I didn't subscribe to.

When I go and try to unsubscribe, it won't let me, it thinks I've never subscribed in the first place.

What's up?

Might you have been subscribed to them in the past? If so, it might just be catching you up. But will now stop.

Does it continue to happen? Or did they all come at once in a big burst?

Hah, they are coming in after a new person replies to them. They are still comoing and I've amassed over 50 so far :lol:

I find it quite funny, but I turned off my email notifications and it still continues to happen.

Hah, they are coming in after a new person replies to them. They are still comoing and I've amassed over 50 so far :lol:

I find it quite funny, but I turned off my email notifications and it still continues to happen.

Under 'My Controls'. . . you've deleted all your subscriptions?

If so, you'll need to PM your password to me so I can look into this.

Best,

H

Hi Kensei,

Got your PM.

I logged in as you. . . went to your 'My Controls' and cleared out a ton of subscribed threads under "Subscriptions-->View Topics" on the left-hand column.

I then made a few test posts as you and those subscriptions did not return.

So, hopefully it's fixed. Can't explain why it wasn't working for you if that's what you were doing as well.

Best,

H

How do you subscribe to topics on this forum? Ive been trying and have no idea how to.

In the upper-right corner of the thread, on the right side of the dark blue thread title bar, there is an "options" button. You can subscribe there (among other places).

Unsubscribing is handled through your "My Controls" link. Once in there, look on the left-hand side.