25th 19+1S Anniversary Valks.

ruskiiVFaussie

25th YF-19 & VF-1S, hawt or nawt?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Ok be honest now... ok

• Both, i'm a limited edition whore. See ya on Evilbay in 3 years suckas!
    • YF-19 for sure, dodging the VF-1S.
    • VF-1S all the way, but not worrying about the 19.
    • I like both, but prefer to spend my money on Nora's SV-51 coming soon enough.. let alone the 21 next year.. 0_o
    • These 25th anni's suck! Too much bling bling for my liking! >_<

Before the 1/48 CF was released they were advertised as being limited. But nothing was printed on the box to say otherwise. But so far only one production run has been done. So it may very well still be limited.

Yeah that's the thing, I remember that Noel posted the advertisement on the forums, the flyer said that they were limited but not the boxes themselves. Maybe, just maybe they meant the supplies will be limited at the Hobby Show. I thought like the Low Vis v1 it had to have the Limited Edition words on it to be genuinely limited.

If everyone wanted a plain black YF-19 wouldn't this be the ideal Valk to have?

In saying that you would be ballsy to remove all the tampo'd 25th stuff and Gold stripping?

I really like this design. A stealth would have too much grey'y blue paint compared to this almost all black 19.

Sigh Nora is coming, and i am having second thoughts. This 25th 19 really is a NICE scheme.

lol @ 26 getting both and 26 dodging.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just checked out all my saved pics of the 25th 19 and decided i'm keeping it.

Crazy ppl. This is BEAUTIFUL. I will say this though... i didn't before but now i prefer decals....

Perhaps we can get waterslide decals of the 25th Anni design tampos for those who want to mod this 19 for all black?

I will still be keeping the Gold trim. That is awesome imo.

Expensive Christmas... Nora, the 19, and the SDF... and who knows how good this Minmay figure will be...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I see a lot of repaint potential in these black-and-gold releases.

In a different thread, I put up a Digibash of a Skywarp custom made from the YF-19. It wouldn't even be too difficult. Remove the Tampo, paint the visor red, and cover the gold with purple paint, and you get a pretty awesome Skywarp right there.

As is...I'm not a big fan of this repaint. I think the gold is rather garish, and the black looks very monotonous. This is especially prevalent on the face, which is black-on-black. And how many times does it have to advertise that it's the 25th anniversary? I usually love Tampo printing, but those are a bit overkill.

I humbly disagree.

I like Wicked Ace's custom YF-19 Vampire/stealth scheme 10x better than the 25th anni.

Just comparing a 19 to what they did for the VF-1 Stealth.

I am not a fan of the 1/48 VF-1J Stealth. :( Not sure what Wicked Ace's scheme looks like. :)

Stealth has to be all black in my books.

Kick so much ass in space.

:edit:

Ok i just seen the pics and thread and you are right W/Ace's Vampire Stealth 19 is beautiful, and i agree,

but i still like my 25th 19 in Battroid and Fighter better. Both are great. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I voted no. I still have to get a YF-19 with Fold Booster and the SV-51. I doubt I'm going to be able to afford these, too. The gold trim isn't to my liking, and they cost more than the Valks they're based on normally do. I'll wait to see what other variations they have in store for the YF-19, and hopefully, a VF-1S custom. They've done the VF-1A to death, and now that they've done the Stealth VF-1J, they need to do something for the VF-1S besides this anniversary edition. I wish they'd do a VF-1S Enigma Custom with matching Super/Strike armor.

I do like the color-scheme for both of 'em.

But with the M&M's coming in; the YF-21 early next year (and a possible, additional custom YF-21 I'll commission or make myself); the eventual (hopefully :unsure: ) Beta/Tread's; the upcoming 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes; and a few more Star Wars figures, I'm starting to run out of display space.

So, I'll have to pass on these.

I guess it had to happen, even thought i'd hold onto the early bird pre-order just before i had to make a decision if i wanted it or not, but i cancelled my pre-order for the 25th YF-19. :( Don't have a SDF-1! And it's canon colour, so that has to be higher in the food chain than this 25th. :) i have no regrets. YF-21 i will buy every paint scheme canon or non-canon for sure though.