Warhammer 40k

briscojr84

57 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Was it almost instantly sold out?  I recall the pre-order being pretty easy.

You can still pre-order it at BigBadToyStore for $215 right now...

I recall the Pre-order on the GW site not being up for very long... had no idea BBTS had them either

12 hours ago, slide said:

I recall the Pre-order on the GW site not being up for very long... had no idea BBTS had them either

Yeah. It was also a staggered pre-order for each region, meaning that some countries had access to the GW pre-order link earlier than others. For instance, the UK site posted its pre-order link about a week before the US site. I ended up placing my pre-order for 2 through the US site at $100 each plus shipping--a good price all things considered.

Outside of GW, the Space Marine was available on the usual Japanese Hobby sites and on sites like BBTS, but the price varies depending on the store.

I think Japanese shops listed it ~11000JPY which is comparable to the GW pre-order price.

BBTS has a scalper's markup at $216US.

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I'll stick with 28 mm. Thanks. 

Mm. That's the best choice for army building. Of course, if someone is also into painting their own miniatures and gets enjoyment out of it, nothing can really compete.

I'm curious to see if the Space Marine really is a one-off thing or if GW will entertain any poseable figures at this scale from the other 40k factions. Having something from the Xenos or Chaos ranks would be cool, but who knows if we'll get anything?

43 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Having something from the Xenos or Chaos ranks would be cool, but who knows if we'll get anything?

Agreed. While there are many cool Space Marine factions and heroes, SM's aren't my favorite. And of course it makes sense for them to start with the iconoclastic UltraMarines. Even if they're the most boring of the SM's IMO.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

This is more interesting.  I thought it was originally just a prototype but they’re also offering an unpainted version you can customize yourself. 
Toy-Fair-2020-McFarlane-Game-003.jpg

Now THAT demonstrates and understanding of your target audience!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bolt said:

Cool. Are those shapeway arms on that Stormsurge? 

Yup, same with the missile pack mounts. Also the riptides hand and the battlesuit hands... and some of the weapons on the suits.

18 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Nice. The clear base as a shield is very creative.

Thanks, I'm working on a version of the boomerang shield drones from Delta that will use clear plastic as well, but haven't found the right parts yet.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I live in Europe so it is probably from a different distribution batch than the US ones

They may not be shipping here yet.  Their website says "We're currently still not taking physical orders in your area."  I don't know if that applies to shipping too, it shouldn't given Anjuandeep sent me a Vinyl and CD from the UK on Monday.

Games Workshop sent me a shipping notice that mine's been shipped, to US, with a scheduled delivery date of 5/11... they sent it via FedEx at no additional cost even though I chose the free shipping option.  With the whole coof situation I expected this to experience severe delays in both release and shipping, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Well, my Ultramarines Primaris Intercessor figure arrived today.  Props to Games Workshop for the fast shipping, but definitely a few demerits for utilizing too small a shipper box for the size of the item and zero cushioning (no airbags, no packing peanuts, not even crumpled newspaper), leading to this crush damage:

IMG_2189.thumb.JPG.21cf33dac79957560664e49ebc2d576f.JPG

IMG_2190.thumb.JPG.b60fe69deb6db2b51ef7129cd9147e24.JPG

IMG_2191.thumb.JPG.ee4c020f2679bb588cdd608bb272c49e.JPG

IMG_2192.thumb.JPG.db20aca3af286bd01eef969b62a69f63.JPG

It's not horrendous, but still a bit frustrating and disappointing.  Oh well, as long as the item inside is intact... 

Can't wait to see what it looks like! Sucks about the dent, but unless you display the box....  like you said, as long as the item is intact.  I just got a Fed Ex shipping notice, so that was 5 days after the initial shipping notice.  Should be here by thurs.