Battle Angel Alita

wolfx

On 06/07/2018 at 2:35 PM, TehPW said:

So it's been radio silence since the trailer came out? What exactly was the justification for delaying release until Dec again?

Yep. I trying to search some a new trailer, but don't find nothing^^"

I got a trailer for this in front of Ant-Man 2—-But I think it’s the one we saw before, and it said “July”.  So either they were supposed to show a new trailer but got the old one, or the new one is very similar and the change to Dec is so recent the new trailer still says July.  

• 2 weeks later...

So that's her in the Berserker "suit". Does that mean she will be seen in the later part of the movie in it? It's been ssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooo many years since I've read the Manga novels that I forget exactly when she replaces her body with that.

2 hours ago, TehPW said:

So that's her in the Berserker "suit". Does that mean she will be seen in the later part of the movie in it? It's been ssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooo many years since I've read the Manga novels that I forget exactly when she replaces her body with that.

Creepy eyes and all, still making me want to pull the manga off the shelf and give it another readthrough.

There might still be a good movie in there, but the trailer puts me off even more than the first one. At the moment, I see another Spy Kids episode.

I never imagined the Scrapyard in such vibrant colors, but more like a District 9 place. Let's see how the telenovela style mixes with the ultraviolence that is a cornerstone of the manga.

Agree with the comments that it lacks the apropos amount of grittiness, but as far as being an adaptation of a manga/anime, I think they've done a decent job making it look so. The cyborgs look pretty good, and definitely evoke an anime vibe. Thinking they could have deep sixed the love story and trudged right on into gory ass-kicking.

Curious to see how it turns out.

Seeing the big cyborg dude, I can't help but think of the Boomers from Bubblegum Crisis. I wouldn't mind an adaptation of that either. I think it'd work well as a series on Netflix, or one of the other premium channels, where they can create a longer story arc, build the world, and explore the characters better. They have the budgets and lack of content restraint over regular tv that would serve the medium more effectively.

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Agree with the comments that it lacks the apropos amount of grittiness, but as far as being an adaptation of a manga/anime, I think they've done a decent job making it look so. The cyborgs look pretty good, and definitely evoke an anime vibe. Thinking they could have deep sixed the love story and trudged right on into gory ass-kicking.

Curious to see how it turns out.

Seeing the big cyborg dude, I can't help but think of the Boomers from Bubblegum Crisis. I wouldn't mind an adaptation of that either. I think it'd work well as a series on Netflix, or one of the other premium channels, where they can create a longer story arc, build the world, and explore the characters better. They have the budgets and lack of content restraint over regular tv that would serve the medium more effectively.

are you meaning a Netflix Bubblegum Crisis? or Alita? Hells, why not both? regardless, I growled and howled with delight with this new trailer. I have full and utter confidence that this movie is gonna be F*&^ing EPIC!

I liked the first trailer and this just kicked it up a high notch! The first was mysterious and melancholy especially with In the Arms of an Angel playing, but this one definitely amps up the action. I want to say I remember seeing the anime, but I only vaguely recall it. The imagery looks great, the atmosphere of the world they're in which is apparently three centuries past a devastating war is intriguing and I want to see her kicking major cyborg butt!

I love stories like this, with a person out of her time and element, trying to find out who she is and fighting for the world she finds herself in. Whatever reason they needed to pause this since the last trailer half a year ago I'm fine with. Now I wish it was December already!

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 12:03 AM, Thom said:

...Whatever reason they needed to pause this since the last trailer half a year ago I'm fine with. Now I wish it was December already..!

Okay, February. February is good. If they need to sharpen some things up or just leave some extra time for marketing, I'm down!