25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

Black Q-rau. Hell they have the molds, all they'd have to do is make it black plastic with gold trim. Although to be honest, I already have one Q-rau, I don't need anymore, and it's not as cool as having a repaint of a valkyrie. A black Q-rau would be cool though... :)

Just confirmed that the 25th Anniversery YF-19 and VF-1S will in fact be limited to a single production run, the same as the Low Vis 1. Once they are gone, they are gone for good. So get em while they are hot!

Huzzah! Any chance they'll be released concurrently so us people living outside of the greater Asian area can save on shipping??? Man if I could have one box containing Nora, 25th VF-1S, and 25th YF-19, that'd be great! I wonder if they'll be labeled as LEs (or limited version)? Seems like a good holiday season coming up!

Just confirmed that the 25th Anniversery YF-19 and VF-1S will in fact be limited to a single production run, the same as the Low Vis 1. Once they are gone, they are gone for good. So get em while they are hot!

Graham

Yes...

Markings will be printed, not stickers..........yay!

Graham

& Yes!!!! thankyou man

Hot damn, I have to pre-order the 19. I don't want to have to scramble like I did with the Loz Vis v1! :(

Guess I'll live with it covered with "25th anniversary". It could have been worse, and I'm sure it'll grow on me. :)

i'm all for non-canon paint schemes but these seem a bit meh.

i don't need yet another VF-1 repaint, i have too may as is.

the 19 is 'okay' but if i'm going to buy the same design, i'd rather wait for the skyblue video game version or a LV scheme.

bugger, Ill have to paint over those logos....

And a 'Skull 1' style 19 please!

Yes PLEASE a "skull squadron" yf-19 and VF-11 that would be very nice. Or a white, grey and black snow cammo like in this pic of a A-10. Always been a fan of winter cammo schemes think they can look very striking on the right aircraft.

A 1/48 Minmay Guard moon concert VF-1S Strike would be cool too :) or a Paris if you can't stand pink.

post-5632-1188447584_thumb.jpg

Markings will be printed, not stickers..........yay!

Graham

Suddenly not in a rush to get these. This is the ONE instance wherein I would have preferred it if they did not tampo print some markings, specifically the "25th Anniversary" text. I may still be convinced to pick these up in the unlikely event that I find them at a discount...and after I've bought every other available high end toy I want at the time. That's how far down the "to-buy" list this has sild for me. Anyway, no point in trying to be a completist when I don't have the first Low Vis.

Graham

Darn! Now I gotta get me both when they come out. I don't want to wind up spending $300+ again on a limted edition valk like I did on the low viz because I passed up buying it when they first came out. :)

Graham please tell yamato to put those 25th valkrie visors in gold,,,,,,, :rolleyes: I think they will look a lot better than the original grey ones :lol:

oh man, i dunno for me...the colors are just not doing it for me...and the gold trim. these 25th annv pieces reminds me of some kid spray painting the entire figure and using those gold ink pens to do panel lines.

and i be these will probably a little higher than the other valkyries. at this point if i were to get it, it'll be because it's a 25th annv version. a repaint.

now if yamato were to come up with a better packaging for these two 25th valkyries and add a stand, and some nice colored printed booklets to go along with it...then maybe i'll get it. repaints suck.

yamato should have done the VF-4 for the 25th annv...i would feel a lot more excited and fired up. the vf-19 was release twice already, and now for a third time? and the same goes with the VF-1s...sheeesh.

now i don't know the haps with marketing or where yamato stands in terms of meeting numbers for this year, or if they have a quota for the next five years...but they know fans will buy macross stuff no matter what comes up...even if it's the 10th repaint of the same mold.

i just think that the 25th annv event or time would have been more special or exciting with a different valkyrie. i mean, just look at the topic of this post; "stickers vs tampo"?

i just think that the 25th annv event or time would have been more special or exciting with a different valkyrie. i mean, just look at the topic of this post; "stickers vs tampo"?

I hear you!!!

I'll buy the VF-1S and I'll strip the gold paint off. I want a totally black VF-1 like the credit card exclusive ^_^

There shouldn't be any anger over re-paints... they're what make molds profitable. Besides, it's not like Yamato was going to invest a ton of money in an obscure Valk toy... it was repaints or nothing. I'm happy we got something. I'm with Kevin though... we could kinda use a break at some point to get back on our feet.

Edited by jenius

Graham

but how many is "limited"? if they make 50,000 of them, that would still be considered "limited" wouldn't it?

its a fact that companies like to use "limited" and "exclusive" to gain more sales from collectors, when all it really is is just some printing on the box. maybe if they did something special like include some kind of book/cel/certificate/numbered the valks, and made an actual limited run(meaning something in the hundreds), i'd line up to buy these but til then, the word limited really has no meaning.

people like using the LV1 as an example but the LV1 isn't something i'd really consider limited because if it was really limited, i would never had the chance of owning 3 of them.

the only thing that yamato has put out that i consider limited is the Credit Card valk. everything else is just another sales ploy to get fans to part with their money.

With all the Valks coming out in the next 6 months, I'm just surprised Yamato keeps pushing product out back to back like this. They are flooding the marketplace with stuff. It's great for fans but frankly there is only so much discretionary income to allocate to Macross toys.

I would agree that at the rate yamato is pumping out their new valks, it makes so hard for us to keep up and purchase them. My wallet needs a breather already. Hehe, might consider selling my internal organs soon if this keeps up. :D

I only noticed now, but in one pic of the 19, I see an all black pilot figure. Is the production version going to come with an all black pilot figure? Or will he have some painted details? Like maybe the yellow/black shoulder pads.

I still insist that if you've going to have a black valkyrie, the visor/eyepiece should be red transparent plastic. :)

Graham, do you have any details about the Minmay figure that you can release to use when/if Yamato gives you the okay? I don't mean "Graham give us the details now, Mr. Sith Lord Sir", I mean do you know and are not able to tell us at the moment what you know. Info like who the sculptor is, what clothes, features, estimated msrp, planned variants. All that good stuff. :) Since I collect gal figures, I'm really interested in the details on Minmay.

If it does well, and it's done well, maybe they could consider a non-limited Miria... :D

edit for clarification on questioning Graham

Edited by Sumdumgai