25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

I am in Singapore for the week and got to go to china town to checkout the toystores yesterday and a shop already has them on display though they're not for sale till tomorrow. VERY NICE....for those who doubt the colours and the finishings and are holding back.....get it now! I know i'm sold! Damnit and I was hoping to pass on these. :(

I am in Singapore for the week and got to go to china town to checkout the toystores yesterday and a shop already has them on display though they're not for sale till tomorrow. VERY NICE....for those who doubt the colours and the finishings and are holding back.....get it now! I know i'm sold! Damnit and I was hoping to pass on these. :(

Did they changed anything, like visor colour, compared to the original pics?

yf-19 sported green visor....VF-1S was a clear plastic IIRC.

I can't tell what changed though.

Thanks Wolfx!

Green visor on the Yf-19 sounds good (much better that the clear one). Hope we see pics soon, I only need a good little push to get one.

Fighter looked nice but robot form looked like much of the detail of the sculp was lost.

Do people with the Stealth sheme miss the panel lines?

I've been thinking of whether to pass on this or not. Hopefully someone will do a quick review of it to convince me on getting either the 19 or the 1s. But im still tryin to build up my collection I just got a Stealth with FP's and the YF-19 with FP.

I'm still aiming for Hikki 1S, Ivanov (2nd Reissue with no problems) and VF-0S with ghost.

Adding to what Wolfx said. that wordings are very sharp, no smudge as far as i can see

also, Wolfx. hey if ya wanna meet up, let me know

I was there for work. Might go there again 1s week of jan. Will let u know if i come down there.

;)

And yes the wordings for the 25th Anniversary was sharp. Pilot was painted black too. Really nice bird.

• 2 months later...

Well, I just got my first Yamato model today, the 1/60 YF-19 25th Anniversary Model! I tell ya...I almost thought I was going to break the nose/forward fuselage as I was trying to get it into Battroid mode! :ph34r: Of all the modes though, Fighter mode is probably my favorite. I'm hoping to get the VF-1S here soon as well. I have a question for you guys too. There are two pieces of plastic that don't seem to go on the YF-19, what are they for? Thanks!

Well, I just got my first Yamato model today, the 1/60 YF-19 25th Anniversary Model! I tell ya...I almost thought I was going to break the nose/forward fuselage as I was trying to get it into Battroid mode! :ph34r: Of all the modes though, Fighter mode is probably my favorite. I'm hoping to get the VF-1S here soon as well. I have a question for you guys too. There are two pieces of plastic that don't seem to go on the YF-19, what are they for? Thanks!

Just got my first Valk today as well. (YF-19 Anniversary) Instruction manual shows the extra plastic pieces seem to clip onto the underside of fighter mode to attach to a stand.

Congrats on both of your purchases. I love the black on the yf-19. I would've rated this toy a perfect 10 had they not misspelled excalibur. Check out grahams transformation guide, it's on Youtube. The 19 and the sv-51 both give you the feeling that your gonna break something when transforming them, but their both fairly sturdy.

I'd watched Grahams videos on the YF-19 before even receiving it, so I had a good idea of how to transform it, though, you still have to be able to hold it in your hands to know how it all works. I had some problems getting the nosecone to stay in Fighter mode but finally got it to lock after looking at it and pushing in a bit. Glad I bought the Foldbooster and Fastpacks to go with it, looks really nice on the Anniversary colors.

• 11 months later...

So, maybe I'm a little bit late on this... but I just put a post up on the 25th anniversary toys on my site. I also started posting much larger pics because it seems like "your pics are too small" was the number one complaint I was getting. Check it out:

VF-1%2025th%2013.jpg

Also, Save I think I stole your pics from this thread (or another one) to show what the original 25th anniversary scheme looked like.

Edited by jenius