25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

Thats so he doesn't get hit by a car while Trick or Treating :p

Did you see that Dan Akryoid (spelling?) bit on saturday night live, where he is selling these horrible and dangerous Halloween costumes? I forget the punchlines but I do remember that it was funny. Anyway, your post reminded me of that. . .

Did you see that Dan Akryoid (spelling?) bit on saturday night live, where he is selling these horrible and dangerous Halloween costumes? I forget the punchlines but I do remember that it was funny. Anyway, your post reminded me of that. . .

I have never seen that episode, I would like to though. It sounds funny.

The white stripes reminded me of my snowmobile gear. It's all black and has white reflective stripes so I can be seen by other snowmobiles easier at night. The mind quickly jumped to all the kids I see nowadays that their parents make them go trick or Treating with reflective safety gear on. Poor kids, they could have just dressed up as crossing guards :blink:

I like the white stripes. It looks like a magpie with a demon vision, kind of appropriate. I actually hate the gold, it kind of reminds me of old granny with gold tooth.....

I like this with white stripes and red visor.

Should the name on the 19 read "Excalibur" as in king arthurs sword not "Excaliver", if so thats a bad spelling mistake, and I can't even spell.

Yeah it should

No, no, no... you've got it all wrong. English Literature has it all wrong. Every publication, movie, TV program and theater piece that references Arthurian legend has it all wrong. :ph34r::p

My friend who visited Tokyo Hobby Show yesterday gave me an advertizement of SDF-1 "movie-color."

This time I prepared bigger scan.

post-4051-1192204615_thumb.jpg

It read that the release date is late Jan, 2008.

I will also go to Tokyo and visit the Show on Sunday.

If possible I will visit Kaiyodo and buy Revoltech VF-1S, too...

• 3 weeks later...

Scanned and searched but doesn't seem to be here.. If this is a repost, mods please feel free to merge or nuke.

I was scanning through HLJ items and came across these, due in December. Images are from HLJ but hosted on my own account..

VF-1S: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00066

ymt00066.jpg

VF-19: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00065

ymt00065.jpg

Personally? I don't really dig the black, and the gold letterings/ highlights really kill it for me. The VF-19 is much nice than the VF-1S though.

I'm going after the YF-19 variant, namely due to the black color. Much easier to modify the scheme than the very bright Macross Plus scheme. I don't like the eye lens color, but that's easy to rectify.

The VF-1S really needed a green eye lens also. The model kit version had a built up example with a purplish scheme. I wonder how that would have looked with the 1/48 Yammie.

The VF-1S looks great! Plan on getting it or a Millia VF-1J when funds allow it. Thinking about the YF-21 in a black color scheme like this makes my mouth water, though maybe with silver highlights instead of gold. I sure hope Yamato does a good job with it (and the VF-11B when they get around to making it, maybe a VF-4 and 17 while their at it!)

permanent?? hmm...

I was hoping that it was a sticker since i feel that it looks kind of tacky too. :)

Tacky.....Slightly.....but IT IS a 25th anni. and that is why they made it that way is so EVERYONE KNOWS that particular one is the 25th anni. Valk.

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Well about the YF-19.... Maybe I want to cancel my order.... Because i think this is only a YF-19 with black color and tampoo 25 th annyversary.... not terrible for a new schem.. I prefer to wait a true new schem.... What about you ?? what do you think really about this YF-19 ?? Is it really beautifull ? I need yours opinions about this toy.. I'm not convinced... But i'm not sure....

Edited by odr78