25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

... why some people don't want tampo'd markings... lol weird.

Swoosh why not? 25 years down the track someone would fly a VF-1S 25th scheme out for some type of concert parade

space of planet bound air show. I can fit that somewhere in my fan boy mind. :p

Actually, I have think of that too, they can just make up some event and celebrate after 25 yrs in the macross universe!! :D

Im not schitzo, I have said all along part of the fun for me is putting the stickers on! :)

In this case its...well, I guess its breaking the world to me. No real plane would fly around like that unless it was a display plane, and im not to kenn ona display plane. however the black with gold trim is a very dynamic scheme, and id like to own it. so if they can just skip tampoing on the 25th anniversary bit, then they can tampo on the rest for all i care :D

Hey graham: Again, is the black a matte or gloss, d u know?

AFAIK no real fighterjet would fly around with a white, black and yellow paintscheme either.

Hey graham: Again, is the black a matte or gloss, d u know?

The prototype we saw at the consert was matte black.

As same as the normal YF-19, plastic has been colored in the main color.

So because of the mold surface, the color become matte.

(sorry for my poor explanation, I hope that is good enough)

Anyway let's wait Graham-san's final answer.

The prototype we saw at the consert was matte black.

As same as the normal YF-19, plastic has been colored in the main color.

So because of the mold surface, the color become matte.

(sorry for my poor explanation, I hope that is good enough)

Anyway let's wait Graham-san's final answer.

You are absolutely right. The surface finish of the plastic is determined by the surface finish of the tool it is molded in. Most surfaces on all 1/48 and later VFs produced by Yamato thus far have a matte finish; this indicated that the mold cavities in the tools are acid etched or have a low polish level... contrast that to the 1/72 M+ VFs which are all glossy wherever you have unpainted plastic (high polish on the molds). Given this, there are only three ways to achieve a gloss finish on any VF coming out of the factory:

1. 1. Polish each individual part either before or after they are cut from the mold tree (yeah, right... like that would happen; the rejection rate would be abysmal).

2. Spray paint each relevant part in gloss back prior to assembly (very labor intensive with elevated rejection rate).

3. Have the mold cavities polished to produce glossy parts right from the get-go (of course, once you go that rout you'd never be able to produce a matte finish again until you re-etched the tools... this would not make any economic sense).

Cheers! :)

I asked and was told these will be regular production items available retail, not part of some exclusive mail in campaign or other such silly nonsense.

Graham

Good to know. Gives me more breathing room as to when or if I'll be getting these.

They're SUPPOSED to be a fancy schmancy paint scheme to commemorate the 25th anniversary, not low viz 4. Give me tampo printing!

I guess this is the closest we're getting to a Stealth 19 for the time being, so I uderstand why some people here want the "25th Anniversary" text to be optional. I for one, would like to remove the gold stripes to make a Stealth Custom more easily than having to repaint the entire toy. But this is a non cannon VF, for the cannon ones I wish Yamato could tampo even the smallest markings.

If Yamato was to announce a Stealth YF-19 today, most MWers would have second thoughts about getting the anniversary edition.

Yes, Graham we're a sack of nutjobs. :p:lol:

I've never been a strong advocate for or against tampo printing (or I've forgotten which stance I was, which wouldn't surprise me in the least). I just think that having the "25th anniversary" printed all over the place makes it look too gaudy.

Man, everytime i think of Black and Gold, i get more and more excited of these new paint schemes. I want tampo as well, stickers would be HORRIBLE (its only for pll that want to put their own decals, which would be good actually if done right - hint: skull gold theme!!!!). I think i am losing my mind and will suicide by buying BOTH vf-1s and yf-19 (i got to justify it by not buying any toys the year after).

I love tampo printing, but Sumdumgai expressed exactly why I'd prefer the 25th anniversary text not tampo'ed.

:mellow:

I'd rather it was more discreet, maybe just one "25th anniversary" along the wing or something and regular UN Spacy markings tampo'd on. But as it is, I'm interested in these guys for their commemorative/sentimental value as well as their aesthetics. As such, I prefer the script tampo'd on. But I get why so many people would rather yamato leave them off, they look pretty darn smart as just a regualr non canon paint scheme.

Anyhow... where are my pre-orders?

Sometimes you MWers are really schitzo. Normally you are all screaming at Yamato for more Tampo printing, yet now when there is a possibility of tampo printed markings you want stickers!!!!

Graham

I'm with YOU Graham.

Tampo printing or BUST.

yeah... seriously, they could have done the commemorative markings a little more discreetly... the yf-19 in particular looks like it got tagged up in los angeles one night...

oh well. I am happy to see a little pilot all done in black sitting in the cockpit though.

I am so getting both of those. What are the chances that there will be fast pack versions of either? If they don't release fast pack versions then Yamato should atleast rerelease the the stealth's fast packs.

On a separate note what are the chances that we will see Supernova schemes?

Edited by Golden Arms

Ok... now i like the 19 better than the 1S.... lol

Man that's hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_0

But why not my fav YF-21... bah too slow 25th Anniversary!

I will seriously consider getting the 19 now... and maybe not bother with the 1S.

Love the Kanji markings!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a nice touch!

I'm with Graham i really like the markings. Tampo ... ON! Too bad we won't get Spirit of Valklye or whatever it was.. lol

: e d i t : Decided i'm getting the 19!!!!!!!!! I'm so sold.

Updates on QC/Design fixes please Graham/anyone?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well hell, I'd be fine with a YF-21 repaint being black with gold trim regardless of whether or not it has "25th anniversary" markings all over it.

I'll still get the 19 regardless of whether or not it's tampo printed.

I'm a bit worried about the gold paint on the plane. Just afraid after few transformation, all the gold color goes off. From the look of the pics on YF19, the gold paint is a bit fade out. Correct me if i'm wrong. Other than that, i'm getting this baby.

;)

Edited by ikhii