25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

Bobe-Patt, you are correct sir. I had my wife translate the three points for me (but I didn't have her write it down, sorry guys).

The articulation was point 3, point 2 was something about it being a much more detailed and uber-awesome figure because it's being done in a larger scale (I guess as opposed to cm corporation trading figures). I think point 1 was something about a cool detailed costume.

Well, i have to say i am very pleased with these news.

I am getting the yf-19 black for sure, cause i was waiting for the dark scheme, and i dont think they will make another one (the low vis i was waiting for, but if they do, its ok, this one looks amazing for me). Only down point i can think is it need some matching booster set, which i am not sure they will make.

As for the vf-1s, i really really really want it too, but since i already have Roy's, and my girl friend is watching my budget tightly, i dont think i can pull it off (might try to secretly though).

And with this great news, i dont feel bad not having ordered the Skywarp Master Piece anymore. Thank You Yamato for making the dark schemes (but consider having a skull gold tampood print also). Honestly, as soon as i saw the original pictures, i said my purchase for 2007 - mid 2008 is set. I will of course wait for another color scheme of the yf-21 (hopefully an orange/red or a low vis type scheme).

Bobe-Patt, you are correct sir. I had my wife translate the three points for me (but I didn't have her write it down, sorry guys).

The articulation was point 3, point 2 was something about it being a much more detailed and uber-awesome figure because it's being done in a larger scale (I guess as opposed to cm corporation trading figures). I think point 1 was something about a cool detailed costume.

Very cool! Tell your wife thanks for translating the text.

Hmm, a 1.6 foot tall posable Minmay figure. Lonely Japanese fanboys rejoice! :lol:

I REALLY hope that "25th Anniversary" text is all decals. Would prefer to leave them off for a cleaner, less tacky look.

If they are tampo-printed then I am suddenly not in a hurry to get these.

I'm the opposite. I want the 25th anniversery markings to be tampo printed on, not tacky stickers.

Graham

I just spoke with Yamato and while my contact didn't know off hand, he is going to check for me whether the 25th aniversery markings are tampo printed or stickers. As soon as I get a reply I'lll let you know.

It's interesting that according to Yamato nearly everybody who saw the toys at the concert preferred the YF-19 to the VF-1.

Graham

I just spoke with Yamato and while my contact didn't know off hand, he is going to check for me whether the 25th aniversery markings are tampo printed or stickers. As soon as I get a reply I'lll let you know.

It's interesting that according to Yamato nearly everybody who saw the toys at the concert preferred the YF-19 to the VF-1.

Graham

That is weird. I thought the VF-1 is as cool as the 19. Maybe people are tired of the repaints of VF-1 and this is the only other color that is available for the Excalibur and that makes it special.

I REALLY hope that "25th Anniversary" text is all decals. Would prefer to leave them off for a cleaner, less tacky look.

If they are tampo-printed then I am suddenly not in a hurry to get these.

I agree, the 25th anniversary text looks sooooo tacky IMHO.

Meh.

:(

Did I miss something while reading this thread, or has it not been determined if these are limited or not?

Every item is limited. No item is in constant production! B))

I asked and was told these will be regular production items available retail, not part of some exclusive mail in campaign or other such silly nonsense.

Graham

Sometimes you MWers are really schitzo. Normally you are all screaming at Yamato for more Tampo printing, yet now when there is a possibility of tampo printed markings you want stickers!!!!

Graham

Don't look at me, I'm with you on this one boss. The more tampo printing the better IMO. :blink:

I think it is because, unlike other markings, the "25th Anniversary" in our world dose not fit in any Macross's universe/timeline....

Imagine the boxart for the Hasegawa model that will be done by Tenjin, you will probably see a a "real life" picture of the 25th anniversary valk that can not exists...

... why some people don't want tampo'd markings... lol weird.

Swoosh why not? 25 years down the track someone would fly a VF-1S 25th scheme out for some type of concert parade

space or planet bound air show. I can fit that somewhere in my fan boy mind. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Im not schitzo, I have said all along part of the fun for me is putting the stickers on! :)

In this case its...well, I guess its breaking the world to me. No real plane would fly around like that unless it was a display plane, and im not to kenn ona display plane. however the black with gold trim is a very dynamic scheme, and id like to own it. so if they can just skip tampoing on the 25th anniversary bit, then they can tampo on the rest for all i care :D

Hey graham: Again, is the black a matte or gloss, d u know?

Sometimes you MWers are really schitzo. Normally you are all screaming at Yamato for more Tampo printing, yet now when there is a possibility of tampo printed markings you want stickers!!!!

Graham

Well... I guess you are partly right ^_^ .... But this time... The "25 annyversary" is too "advertising" for a valkyrie if you know what I mean...

I want a special color schem.. Yes... But I want a black YF-19 without "advertising" on the plane for a annyversary... even if it's for the 25 year of Macross... I woulk like a yf-19 totaly black with gold Stripes..

I want to have the choice for my valks..... Like the models kit.....

Well I want evrythings... I know... I know... And I want it now..... what can I say ?? I'm macross fan... not an advertising fan..