25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

From chatting with Yamato at the concert this is what I found out.

Remember those 25th Anniversary Tokyo Anime Fair editions that were displayed at the Satalite booth, well they were originally going to be the Anniversary editions but Yamato dropped them and came up with this new black and gold editions. "THANK GOD!!" Hasegawa also liked the new Yamato design and used it for their kits, Yamato is very pleased with that.

From chatting with Yamato at the concert this is what I found out.

Remember those 25th Anniversary Tokyo Anime Fair editions that were displayed at the Satalite booth, well they were originally going to be the Anniversary editions but Yamato dropped them and came up with this new black and gold editions. "THANK GOD!!" Hasegawa also liked the new Yamato design and used it for their kits, Yamato is very pleased with that.

Thank bloody goodness.

Anyone else think the new 25th Anniversary color schemes kinda look like this "Scorpion" color scheme from way back when?

Link.

(That's not necessarily a bad thing, especially since I do like the Scorpion scheme.)

So i wonder how this fits into the schedule? After the 51? And i guess after the 0S/Ghost bundle? So will these be before or after Nora?

For that matter i wonder how the new Macross: Frontier series will change Yamatos plans, if at all? Will the mecha from it get worked into the rotation, or will new mecha hit after all the stuff still to make?

I'm not too thrilled with these either. I think Yamato hasn't been having much luck with colorful paint jobs though. Their original 25th paint schemes flopped terribly, the Angel Birds seems to be languishing, the LVII is in bargain bins everywhere... the Stealth, on the other hand, seems to have done much better than expected. Who would have thought the Stealth Fast Packs would draw so much attention? Actually, this release of another black Valk may trigger a re-release of those Stealth Fast Packs...

Guys please note that the Yamato black models shown on the leaflet are just prototypes - actually, the models displayed were slightly different ; almost same, but had the "25th Anniversary" logo in gold here and there.

No infomation if they are limited production model or regular model. But I think they will practicaly be.

Wave "Movie Edition" SDF-1 will be regular item.

>Macross Frontier

There are a rumor that Bandai reserved whole lisense for all toy-things (toys, plastic model kits, figures and so on), which is very disappointing.

That's great news with the re-paint Waves SDF-1. I always wanted one more to display it in the cruiser mode, but prices of the original got really high. That' great. By the way, i actually like the original colour scheme alot, it has that luxurious metal feel to it. :)

Guys please note that the Yamato black models shown on the leaflet are just prototypes - actually, the models displayed were slightly different ; almost same, but had the "25th Anniversary" logo in gold here and there.

So were those "25th Anniversary" logos tampoprinted or stickers?

>Macross Frontier

There are a rumor that Bandai reserved whole lisense for all toy-things (toys, plastic model kits, figures and so on), which is very disappointing.

If they make SOC or PG type toys then I'd be more than happy to get Bandai's Macross toys.

>Macross Frontier

Well that's just great. <_<

I hope Bandai learned from their M7 toys debacle that people won't buy their Macross toys if they look like @ss.

if this is true hopefully it turns out good. technically they haven't designed any new macross valkyries in a long time since everything is reissued. the vf-17s and vf-17d looked good in battroid mode. so did their transformable vf-2ss model in battroid mode. i'd still jump on newly designed 1/72 hcms of any macross series.

By the way I thought no more re-paint from Yammi for the 1/48 :D

If Bandai decide to dip into the Macross market seriously, we should be the ones benefit from it....let's hope.....

Nice, The YF-19 has a good scheme. Don't know about the VF-1S, looks o.k. but not wowing me. Is it known for these items to be limited editions or will they retail for the same price as the current 1/48s?

Nice, The YF-19 has a good scheme. Don't know about the VF-1S, looks o.k. but not wowing me. Is it known for these items to be limited editions or will they retail for the same price as the current 1/48s?

The VF-1A Low Vis was a true limited edition and it retailed for the same amount as all the other 1/48 VF-1s out at the time. Therefore, I assume that the anniversary editions, regardless of their production numbers and/or labeling status, will be priced the same as their respective contemporaries. Once they hit the secondary market, after they're no longer made, is an entirely different story.

I wouln`t mind bandai having the rights. This would mean that Yamat will focus on Zero and Plus and the new series is not going to slow down these releases...that to me are extremely important. So if we get both Bandai and Yamato to produce valks this means more models and...less money :(

Well, hopefully bandai won't charge the same premium as yamato... and bandai seems to make better materials choices. The optimist in me says that this will force yamato to produce higher quality/lower cost toys to stay competetive. Especially since fans will probably be more excited over the newer/current designs rather than designs that are ten years old.

Edited by eugimon

50cm Minmay figure? Nice...

I just noticed this: 2007 -->interposing the last 2 digits --> 2070.

50 cms: I hope a Minmay with the chinese dress, or dyrl? dress...

2007--2070 = LOL ^_^

I wonder if the yf-21 will come with FP/fold booster?

I hope it too...

Many toys = Much money :wacko: (Sv-51 x2+Yf-21+Yf-19+Vf-1S+Vf-0SBundle+Revoltech+Hasegawa25th)

Edited by Guld

I wouln`t mind bandai having the rights. This would mean that Yamat will focus on Zero and Plus and the new series is not going to slow down these releases...that to me are extremely important.

That's actually a very good point!

Personally speaking, if I can't get into a series storyline, then I could give a rat's ass about it's mecha no matter how vicious it looks. This probably explains why I haven't bought any of the Zero toys yet. Anyways, if Frontier ends up being a steaming pile of kiddy poo, I'll be glad that Bandai got stuck making those toys instead of Yamato. If Frontier manages to surprise me with a good storyline, well then I hope that Bandai has drafted some of their Gundam sculptors to work on these toys :)