25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

I'm back from Macross 25th anniversary live concert held in Tokyo.

For the concert itself, please check the thread in "Conventions and Local gatherings" section.

There we found some information / displays of 25th anniversary toys.

Yamato: Specia color 1/48 VF-1S and 1/60 YF-19, and brand-new Minmay doll

both VFs have gold stripes and logos on satin-black overall-color.

they displayed both items there, but did not alow us to take pictures.

Instead they gave us a leaflet. (Minmay doll are only mentioned on it)

post-4051-1187533843_thumb.jpg

Wave: They sold SDF-1 toy and two VF-0 model kits there.

New color version of SDF-1 toy was announced - they allowed me to

take a photo of announcement.

post-4051-1187533853_thumb.jpg

"Here comes new version; Movie Color Edition!"

"We choose mettalic color for previous model to realize

its gorgeous, high-quality feeling, but to answer customers'

request, we happiy announce new version that reproduce colorings seen in DYRL."

I think colors of previous model is obviously mistake, and this version will be

practically a corrected version.

I can not well discribe my complexed feeling with this news in English.

Or maybe I can simpy say "F**k" or "S**t."

Hasegawa: They made advance sale of 25th anniv. coor VF-1 and YF-19,

which guys in "model" section already know.

I bought exclusive concert T-shirts for me.

I will show you in the concert thread.

Sigh, I was really hoping Yamato would be more creative with their VF-1. I was really hoping they would release a TV version 1S with 2 pilots and TV fast packs, now that woulda been an awesome 25th anniversary VF-1 design B)) . I agree with kensei about the wave sdf-1, sheesh we cant have the tv version sdf-1, instead we get the "movie accurate" color scheme.

Edited by dizman

Yeah,

It is the 25th anniversary of the tv show, not the movie. I guess WAVE would have had to do a new sculpt for the tv version but that would have been very nice. Too bad. Although I do like that they have released the sdf-1 in a new color. It is indeed hard to see in the photo so I look forward to seeing some better pics. The new valks look nice but I agree, they could have done something more relevant, like a 1/48 VF-1D.

the VF-1D IS the PERFECT 25th anniversary valk because it is the first valk that we ever see going into batt mode! It was the monumental moment in Macross history! Why not celebrate that? When we all saw that valk transform, we were hooked! I hope that they do not hold out until the 50th anniversary for that!

Awesome, I just saw pics of the hasegawa models in a magazine and was thinking that a similar scheme for Yamato toys could be cool. I really like the 19. It's not a stealth, but I'm really digging this 25th anniversary scheme. :)

Now if only they could make the visor red...

My prayer are answered. Both SDF1 and YF19. Yahoo Yamato & Wave. Hope they fixed all the gaps by the end of the year. Christmas will be a joyful one this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, my request for the 25 years Anniversary!

Reactive Armor for 1/60.

VF0D

PLEASE.... please ... ple...

I guess my voice ain't loud enough, common MWFers, Shout louder... it's 25 years of money paid to a company that should listen to our needs. :p :P ... hahahaha...

Edited by ikhii

like the black on the yf-19 and vf-1 they look ok,

just wonder if they'll have addressed the locking chest issue or is still floppy?

has anyone come up with a mod for that?

I'm glad I missed out on the SDF-1 the 1st time around I may get this one.

don't think I'm getting the doll . I just don't need it. it'll probably be super poseable like a revy

if thats the case then Hhmmm yeah i may get it.

If the SDF-1 was not the original coloring. What is the original coloring and where can I find it for comparison?

If you want to see the proper coloring for the SDF-1 according to the movie version then you can watch the movie (Do you remember love) and see how it compares to the first WAVE toy and the future release. I thought that the first WAVE toy was very close to the movie. If they made improvements upon it then that is great!

Still the ORIGINAL color would be the TV color (white and blue with red under the arms/aircraft carriers). The Takatuo and Matchbox SDF-1 toys from the 80s were pretty much spot on with the TV show.

It would be great if WAVE did a TV version but the sculpt is different so they would have to start afresh changing the Prometheus and Daedolus, make the head bigger and change the details. Here they are probably using the same molds as their last production.

I did not get the first one so I may get this one once I see better photos of it.

If you want to see the proper coloring for the SDF-1 according to the movie version then you can watch the movie (Do you remember love) and see how it compares to the first WAVE toy and the future release. I thought that the first WAVE toy was very close to the movie. If they made improvements upon it then that is great!

Still the ORIGINAL color would be the TV color (white and blue with red under the arms/aircraft carriers). The Takatuo and Matchbox SDF-1 toys from the 80s were pretty much spot on with the TV show.

It would be great if WAVE did a TV version but the sculpt is different so they would have to start afresh changing the Prometheus and Daedolus, make the head bigger and change the details. Here they are probably using the same molds as their last production.

I did not get the first one so I may get this one once I see better photos of it.

Thank you for the response. I should have been more specific in my question about the coloring. I have watched DYRL and the only thing I notice is the brightness in coloring in some aspects. OTher than that I notice no difference.

Hmmmmmmmm.... it will be harder for me to miss getting the SDF this time round.. but ffs can't they just do a TV version.

nice, the VF-1S is cool, but i dunno, more pics and i might consider getting it. Not bothering with the 19.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's really funny you know! The last so called 25th anni fan paint shceme of the 19 was nice and i liked better than

this official 19 scheme. But the old fan VF-1S scheme sucked so much ass! But with the new schemes i like the 1S better lol.

I made a rule a few months back when the discussion of 25th anni released Valks were coming out, that i would only buy one.

So the VF-1S will do. Even though i'd rather a 1D or VT. But Yamato haven't got the smarts to do that as it seems.

I'll save my money for a YF-19 low-vis (1 lol) scheme..

----------------

e d i t -

----------------

Would the VF-1S black colour be more like the old credit card Valk they brought out years ago?

I'm still debating again, i might miss both these you know, and just grab the SDF. Atleast i don't have one of those already.

Is the new (proper colour version lol) SDF-1 movie version a 25th Anniversary exclusive release???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie