What ever happened.........

1 VF-1 2NV

All I have to say is, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Don't bother b*tching about how things aren't canon or how things are painted wrong. Those who actually WANT the toy don't care what you think and don't care to hear such comments.

At least SP1 babbles on about valid QC issues. Arguing about paint schemes and what hardware goes with what Valk is just... :wacko:

Aw OK. I'll learn to change my standards and be one of the crowd. Give me another VF-11B scenario! Broken hips are no problem at all. And while you're at it, keep making bad joints and poor fitting parts. No need to check if a gimmick actually works properly before producing it.. Fix it later and make the fans buy it all over again. No need to go the extra mile for us fans right from the start - "good enough" is fine for the majority here, even at 120 a pop.

I guess some of us here will never see eye to eye with regards to Yamato. Never will. Yup.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I agree, I think we should go back to the days of bandai valks, those things that vaguely resembled valkyries, had these niffty metal bars that stuck out, had paint on the wings that would smear if you opened and closed them a few times, a little hatch on the back that never fit quite right and would open if you did a barrel roll with the toy... had a back pack that would flop around, sloppy hinge joints for the tail fins that was prone to breaking, a gun you couldn't stow in fighter mode, a cockpit you couldn't open without a screw driver and even then you could only fit in one of those little gold men from ZOIDS, heads that didn't sit correctly in fighter mode, arms you couldn't deploy in gerwalk mode without swinging the legs out completely on the afore-mentioned metal bars... oh yeah and for the niffty price of a GRAND on ebay. yeah, those were the days, with the quality products from the big B.

And why don't we talk about the great Macross 7 valks while we're at it...

I think some people need to accept the fact that Yamato clearly hates them, and produces cetain variants just to spite them.

Don't you know that Yamato actually hires special in-house psychologists for the sole purpose of analysing the posts of certain Macrossworld members just so they can formulate a marketing strategey designed specifically to piss off said members.

It's all part of the Global conspiricy and Yamato is actually in legue with Bill Gates and the Devil.

Graham

I think some people need to accept the fact that Yamato clearly hates them, and produces cetain variants just to spite them.

Don't you know that Yamato actually hires special in-house psychologists for the sole purpose of analysing the posts of certain Macrossworld members just so they can formulate a marketing strategey designed specifically to piss off said members.

It's all part of the Global conspiricy and Yamato is actually in legue with Bill Gates and the Devil.

Graham

Look, let's keep the snide remarks out of this and cut the peer pressure attack. And to those who harp the line "don't like it don't buy it" - you're assuming this is just something akin to buying socks. I'm coming frrom a dissenting point of view, but that's still a dissenting Macross fan's POV. I care about Macross and the products made for it, otherwise I wouldn't give a rat's a*s about the problems and other issues. I don't succumb to peer pressure about how great Yamato is because I'm a paying customer who's opinion is based directly on what I have bought and experienced for myself. It's not a big surprise that some people would have a very different take on their products especially if you became a fan during the Valkyrie Wilderness years - you're right to be grateful to have any Macross goods at all, but again, that doesn't mean my views , though different, are invalid.

Despite the unhappiness in my posts, they're made with the optimistic hope that drawing attention to correctible problems would avoid a repeat of the QC fiascos that plagued the 1/60 line. Look at how long Yamato took to realise it wasn't OK to have a gunpod hit the floor in fighter mode. Hey, it's a great idea! But get it right or don't bother. And they didn't fix the shoulders either despite a claim that they would look into it. For want of a better 15 cent polycap, the 1/60 VF-1 can't make full use of it's articulation in the shoulders. It's these things that make me wonder if Yamato really cares.

To get back on track, I totally realise that Yamato is in it for the money (and the long haul). Nevertheless, my comments about the predictability of their marketing approach aren't too far off the mark. They already set the trend thru the 1/60 line. It doesn't hurt to be less obvious how they're pushing the fan's collective buttons. Go ahead and take our money, there's just no need to be crass about it.

Grrrrr this thread is just a bunch of old arguments that get tossed around. Drif and all others who share his opinion I understand your beefs with yamato. They are all valid even if I don't consider them big issues for myself. Still we have all heard it before. Wouldn't these arguments be better suited for the pinned whats wrong with my valk post? I only say this cause this has ceased to be fond rememberence post and become a rant post.

Edited by GobotFool

Despite the unhappiness in my posts, they're made with the optimistic hope that drawing attention to correctible problems would avoid a repeat of the QC fiascos that plagued the 1/60 line. Look at how long Yamato took to realise it wasn't OK to have a gunpod hit the floor in fighter mode. Hey, it's a great idea! But get it right or don't bother. And they didn't fix the shoulders either despite a claim that they would look into it. For want of a better 15 cent polycap, the 1/60 VF-1 can't make full use of it's articulation in the shoulders. It's these things that make me wonder if Yamato really cares.

To get back on track, I totally realise that Yamato is in it for the money (and the long haul). Nevertheless, my comments about the predictability of their marketing approach aren't too far off the mark. They already set the trend thru the 1/60 line. It doesn't hurt to be less obvious how they're pushing the fan's collective buttons. Go ahead and take our money, there's just no need to be crass about it.

Having a gunpod which hit the ground was a design issue, not a QC issue, Don't confuse the two. The same with the shoulder joint.

Am I saying the 1/60 line, was without QC problems? No, there were a few, but all thankfully minor. But the two examples you specifically mention are not QC related at all.

As for the 1/60 gunpod, Yamato wanted to making it right from the begining with a collasable handle. I've seen and handled the prototype. However, they were not allowed to do this by the licensor as a collapsable handle gunpod was not considered 'anime accurate' It took several releases before BW could be persuaded to change their mind.

For the 1/60 shoulder joint, yes I agree this is something that should have been modified and improved. Why it wasn't I don't know. Not every company improves products (Bandai's 1/55 FAST Pack fragile front arm clips anyone).

And yes, Yamato are a business and they are in it for the profit. However, they do want to give us good quality transforming Macross toys. In the begining, they had a very steep learning curve, jumping in at the deep end of toy manufacturing with what had to be one of the most dificult product lines for a company with no prior experience. I think most of you will agree, they improved by leaps and bounds in the last 3 years.

Graham

As for the 1/60 gunpod, Yamato wanted to making it right from the begining with a collasable handle. I've seen and handled the prototype. However, they were not allowed to do this by the licensor as a collapsable handle gunpod was not considered 'anime accurate' It took several releases before BW could be persuaded to change their mind.

Really? I wonder how Yamato was able to convince BW with the 1/60 and it's non anime accurate removable legs? go figure

Funny how we have the new MW forums and the same old complainers with the same old tired arguments are still around.....

Really? I wonder how Yamato was able to convince BW with the 1/60 and it's non anime accurate removable legs? go figure

Well, technically the legs do come off and reattach. Yamato merely omitted the transfer system. :p

Yep, and I believe G already explained that issue waaaaay back on the old boards, and right smack in the middle of the "removable leg vs swingbar" debates.

Well, technically the legs do come off and reattach. Yamato merely omitted the transfer system. :p

Yep, and I believe G already explained that issue waaaaay back on the old boards, and right smack in the middle of the "removable leg vs swingbar" debates.

Ya I kinda remember those debates...2 years ago? 2-1/2? It's been a long ride...

Graham

Look, let's keep the snide remarks out of this and cut the peer pressure attack. And to those who harp the line "don't like it don't buy it" - you're assuming this is just something akin to buying socks.

Actually no.

If all sock companies suddenly stopped making socks in BLACK, then sure, complain as much as you want. Blame it on society, but black trousers and black shoes require black socks. But if all companies stopped making ** valkyrie with the ** paint sceheme, then boohoo. Poor us. It's the end of the world!

What are we all to do without or perfect variable ** valkyrie?! :rolleyes:

-imo(pinionated)

I think Drif is a little more sensitive to what he gets for his money than some of us here. I can relate to that type of attitude. It's pretty tough to find a company now a days that consistently makes a good product and stands behind it. Customer service seems to get harder and harder to come by, and when someone pays good money for something they expect a good product to grace their shelves...

Personally, I'm on the Yamato band wagon... I have a pretty good amount of these things now, and I've only had MINOR issues with the ones I do have. The only thing that does kind of bug me is the shoulders on the 1/60 line. I'm very happy that a company like Yamato has put so much into Macross and given us the chance to have these things in our posession for a relatively fair price. I'm not neggating the issues, but just stating that I would rather have these things with minor fixable issues than not have them at all...

Just for the record: ALL of the Yammies except one of my 11Bs are in the best condition they can be in. The issues are so minor that I have no need to try and fix them... they don't bother me enough... Example: The canopy doesn't stay up on one of my 1/48s.... not a big deal to me, and very fixable.

Drif: you are a bit extreme, but you explained yourself well... So how about you and everyone else call a truce on this debate.... I don't think that is too much to ask... B)

For some reason.... I'm getting really really bad flashbacks from back last year when ppl started attacking Drifand for the same arguments. It was one heck of a big fight... and it started much like this.

The only difference is that yamato knight Fudrom isn't here. :huh:

yeah, i remember that. got kinda ugly. this should stop.

i have some problem with yamato and there money making schemes buy changing heads and paint jobs.

IIRC, Yamato wanted to release them with the switchable heads, but it was Big West that turned the idea down. It don't feel that it's a money making scheme as it is just business. Asking for switchable heads would be the same as asking for stickers that we can use to change from one color to the other. After all, it's just different paint schemes, right. The fact is we just happen to be fans of a show/movie that contains the same mechas with slight variations. If they were all different, then it would be a whole other show entirely.

Thank you all for your measured and calm replies. I've said my piece on this thread - there's no need to say any more or argue endlessly. Graham made some good points and conceded one. I have to agree Yamato is making progress both QC AND design-wise. As long as Yamato devotes some effort to effecting real improvements instead of bug-fixes (i.e. to correct a mistake), they'll win over more fans instead of antagonising nitpickers, like me. That means consistently making good decisions on materials and design... even as they maximise their profits and bottom line.