GI Joe lurches towards live-action filmdom (i.e. G.I. Joe live action)

If they give me a good origin of Cobra story, inter-related with a creation of GI Joe story, and mix in some of Snake Eyes' MILITARY origins, this Mog will be a happy moggle.

Let Larry Hama be heavily involved in developing the script and story, and I may even become optimistic about this film.

I have to say that I am generally not a big fan of "origin" movies. I always feel like they spend an inordinate amount of time trying to re-establish an already established character or team and the plots generally suffer and have watered down "non origin" story arcs. In all seriousness while the Joe team and it's members have deep and varied back stories they are usually completely irrelevant to the "mission" at hand. I myself would enjoy it if the writers just "threw" the viewers into the plot with no ramp-up or elongated origin arcs and instead built the characters based on an "assumed" knowledge base. I have always enjoyed movies that just take you along for the ride and leave you wanting to know more about the characters than what is covered in the movie... or movies that only reveal hints and "tastes" of the history of the characters. Imbuing the characters with a level of mystery rather than overtly, usually bluntly, showing their varied back stories or origins just seems so... blahze.

ok, if they were casting older, like if they were 18-20 years old in the 80's and the story is present time, these would be my picks for some of the ladies...

Connie Nielsen as Scarlett - ok not sure if she's a natural redhead, but she was in Devil's Advocate and since then she's always stuck out in my mind as the one to play Scarlett on the big screen. At this point I don't care if she's not a natural redhead, she will never look as bad as Jessica Alba going blonde hair/blue eyes for Sue Storm, so I can live with it ;)

Tina Fey as Baroness - ok, laughs aside, she IS of European descent, can be pretty hot at times and that scar on the left part of her chin lends a little credibility as far as looking like having a terrorist background (maybe Pimp Daddy Destro took a shiv to her grill after she hooked up with Flint)

Kimberley Joseph as Lady Jaye - Who you say? Well if you watch LOST, you may know her as Cindy the flight attendant who was thought to have been taken by the others, but turns out to be still alive. Why I picked her? Just look at her, it's friggin Lady Jaye

post-515-1194227479_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

God Bless Olivia Munn!

She's smokin hot and seems to be easily talked into dressing up like Wonder Woman, Slave Leia and now the Baroness

post-515-1194534152_thumb.jpg

you can download the video from the link below. It's a pretty damn funny skit. It's about the home life of Destro and Baroness and how his mask causes some issues.

Baroness skit

Edited by chowyunskinny

• 4 weeks later...
Has any legitmate news source confirmed it yet. For the last two days all the minor ones have been repeating the same story posted by another minor one.

The guy who gave us the info at hisstank has never been wrong, and being that cooltoyreview.com is reporting the news as well, I believe its credible. Cooltoyreview/rebelscum has GREAT connections and has a lot of things before anyone else does.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the first results I got googling her was this quote (very recent):

"Even one redheaded Rachel Nichols is too many. Now we have two.

TCL hasn't ever worked out why a woman would dye her hair some variation of scarily fake red. Whether the hue aspires to "auburn" or "deep strawberry blond" or "sassy ginger," the result always looks slightly "fright wig."

Let's get this straight, ladies: No dye job exists that credibly replicates real red hair."

My sentiments exactly.

BLANTANTLY FAKE RED SUCKS. It's no different than having bright green or blue----it's WAY off the 'realm of possibility' and just looks weird. Might as well wear those contacts that give you yellow eyes or cat-like pupils---you look inhuman, and its unsettling. (It's just that fake red is so prevalent, people have learned to accept it and it's not as disturbing to some--but those of us who like real red, know real redheads, etc, it's really distubring)

Well, there is one positive note to choosing her: at least she's fairly fair-skinned. Not like, you know, Jessica Alba as a blue-eyed blonde...

Honestly, I don't know why Hollywood types etc pay for stuff like that. I bet I could make a girl's hair more realistically red with a few packets of various Kool-Aid colors. But they pay like a grand to some "stylist to the stars" with years of experience and training, just to end up with hair that's a pretty close match to Ronald McDonald's.

This is bound to suck... it looks cool in the cartoon, but people in the same military outfit, in many different outfits is going to look more like the Village People than a top secret branch of commandos... I mean look at what your arguing about already... Scarlett's hair color? GHAAAAY!

:lol: :lol: :lol: