SDF Macross vs Macross 7

isamu

LePoseur Posted on Oct 18 2003, 11:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I do have some issues with Basara, I do understand his way of "shutting out" most anyone who doesn't "get" it. I mean, I guess I'd get tired of explaining and/or justfying myself all the time only to have the people I was talking to constantly misunderstand.

Then he's just as much of a 'blockhead' as the UN Spacy types he's so quick to judge. It seems that you have two groups of people with the same attitude- the other one just doesn't "get" it, so why bother explaining it. Thats a great way to act 'enlightened'.

Keith Posted on Oct 17 2003, 11:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, but if Gundam can have Samurai masks, then the Sound Force Valkyries can have faces. What the hell is the big deal anyway? Lots of mecha have faces.

I don't like any mecha that has a face. Well......maybe Gigantor, but thats it.

All I know is Basara would've been a great candidate for friendly fire.

In the end though, more Macross is never an entirely bad thing, and there were definately some cool things to come out of 7 (Full-armor VF-11 for one). So as long as it doesn't become the dominant tone of Macross more power to you if you like it.

yup, yup...

"And in last night's battle between UN forces and the Varuta, the lead singer of the popular rock group Firebomber, was killed in action today by a UN Full Armor VF-11 pilot attmpting to imitate the great Roy Fokker, hero of Space War I, and raise the number of his kills by going into battle with a blood alcohol level of .2. Acording the his wingman and the VF-11's combat computer, the pilot in his drunken state mis-took Basara's red VF-19Kai for a Varuta Fz-109F and fired a massive swarm of missiles at the unaware Basara..."

yup, yup...

"And in last night's battle between UN forces and the Varuta, the lead singer of the popular rock group Firebomber, was killed in action today by a UN Full Armor VF-11 pilot attmpting to imitate the great Roy Fokker, hero of Space War I, and raise the number of his kills by going into battle with a blood alcohol level of .2. Acording the his wingman and the VF-11's combat computer, the pilot in his drunken state mis-took Basara's red VF-19Kai for a Varuta Fz-109F and fired a massive swarm of missiles at the unaware Basara..."

"and this battle was brought to you by Coors Light! Never watered down and with a great taste, be sure to make it a Coors Light!"

....."Got Beer?"

Edited by Lightning 06

i could think of a funny (fake) commercial right now from Miller Lite that has Mylene vs Millia....

u know:

Mylene: "Great Taste!"

Millia: "Less Filling!"

etc, and etc. (u guys know the rest of that portion)

and all this while Max and Gamlin are looking at them going "Hell Yeah!!"

Seriously.... Macross 7 value would go through the roof if Mylene had been killed in the worst way possible. Maybe even the slow desintegration type death... now that would be a fitting end for whats quite possible the most annoying anime female to date. <_<

Alright that does it!!! :angry:

**takes ALL of Abomz!!'s videogames and consoles, loads them up in the back of his truck and drives off**

...there, let's see how you manage without any games for a whole week! :p

Seriously.... Macross 7 value would go through the roof if Mylene had been killed in the worst way possible. Maybe even the slow desintegration type death... now that would be a fitting end for whats quite possible the most annoying anime female to date. <_<

Alright that does it!!! :angry:

**takes ALL of Abomz!!'s videogames and consoles, loads them up in the back of his truck and drives off**

...there, let's see how you manage without any games for a whole week! :p

I can manage. I managed 1 entire year without games before. HA!! B)

i could think of a funny (fake) commercial right now from Miller Lite that has Mylene vs Millia....

u know:

Millia: "Less Filling!"

ewww... they're mother and daughter... :wacko:

u know:

Millia:    "Less Filling!"

ok, ok, how bout Millia vs Rex then?

u know:

Millia:    "Less Filling!"

ok, ok, how bout Millia vs Rex then?

I don't see anything wrong with it the way it is :p

Love 'em both...

But in the end, I prefer SDF Macross. The storyline is just more epic to me and I get caught up in it more than Macross 7. Not to mention, it's very, very, very difficult for me to fairly compare something I watched and loved as I child to something I saw last year.

But in the end, I still think SDF Macross has the edge over Macross 7.

I just got started on M7 myself. I almost stopped before I finished the first disk. Things do start to pick up. I've started enjoying it and even found myself singing Planet Dance. However, For me, It by no means compares to SDF Macross or DYRL. Plus the pink valkyrie drives me nuts!

Hey, remove the pink paint and the VF-11 maxl actually looks like a pretty sweet Valk. It reminds me of some of the X programs they did on the F-16 where they made it delta winged to see if it would improve its performance. Probably gave kawamori the idea for it.

it did, check the Compendium...