Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

「マクロスf」第一話スペシャル編集版をいち早く放映!

that actually says "Macross F" episode 1 special edit.

i wonder what they mean by special edit.

OK, I just picked up the new January 2008 issues of Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan magazines and scanned them on my office scanner. Here are the scans of the Macross F articles.

Unfortunately, my office scanner only scans at 300dpi. When i get home, I'll remove the two pages from the magazines , so I can scan them completely flat withot the curve for the spine and scan them at a higher resolution.

Graham

post-11-1195799152_thumb.jpg

post-11-1195799248_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the scans Graham, those are the clearest yet. All 3 VF-25's shown are stationed onboard the SWS-1. I can now see the visor for the head, and I wish the antennae were lower to look more like ears(like the VF-1S arrangement). It might be the angle of the shots, but to me, this looks like the widest wingspan seen yet on a valkyrie aside from the bomber valkyrie shown in Design Works.

Tail logos are hidden by the angle of the shot, I wonder whats on them?

「マクロスf」第一話スペシャル編集版をいち早く放映!

that actually says "Macross F" episode 1 special edit.

i wonder what they mean by special edit.

I believe they mean that a clip show will be aired. Clips of the first episode will be shown with the special.

OK, I just picked up the new January 2008 issues of Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan magazines and scanned them on my office scanner. Here are the scans of the Macross F articles.

Unfortunately, my office scanner only scans at 300dpi. When i get home, I'll remove the two pages from the magazines , so I can scan them completely flat withot the curve for the spine and scan them at a higher resolution.

Graham

Graham, Thanks!!!

U.N. LOGO!!!!!!

Is it changed????????????????????????

Or.... U.N. will not exist in 2059??

I agree. Looks like a rabbit the way it is now. Lol. In your opinion, do you think it would have waist movement?

To me it looks like a hornet or wasp. :lol:

Torso movement? Looks highly unlikely. So far no valk to my knowledge has torso movement except a very limited movement on the yamato VF-1.

Graham, Thanks!!!

U.N. LOGO!!!!!!

As I've stated previously, I think the logo change may be deliberate, so that it is easier for Big West or Bandai to release the TV series internationally. I'm guessing that perhaps they may rebrand the show for the international market and not use the name 'Macross'.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and after 60+ years, the UN Spacy just decided it was time for a change of logo.

Or maybe it is a parallel universe story (but I doubt it somehow).

OK, I'll go and put on my tin foil hat now and sit in the corner and stop thinking so much.

Graham

Graham, Thanks!!!

U.N. LOGO!!!!!!

Probably both.

Loosing the Kite allows them to change the name and distribute it in the West bypassing the whole Tatsunoko/HG legal snags.

After 60 years it stands to reason that a United Nations on a galactic scale is no longer viable and a galactic government system would become necessary.

Another alternative is that the Earth is attacked again and doesn't survive, thus the fleets are the last remnants of the Earth's population seeking new homes.

The anomaly retconed into the chronology reboots the story and this is set in the new universe.

Many possibilities....

I suspect the lack of a kite logo is to sidestep the legal issues in the Western market, from a business point of view. This show can make a lot of money here by simply not using the "Macross" name in the title...

Edit: Doh, Graham and I must have been typing at the same time....great minds think alike, or is it fools seldom differ? I get them confused... :p

Edited by Zinjo

Then more I look at the logos, looks like there's two of them. The yellow one looks like "UN" connected to each other kind of a weird "UN". Well the red circle has a "S" so I guess that's "Spacy". So it looks like they might have change or updated there logo.

post-3169-1195806097_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrunkenMaster2

You know while i was being intoxicated by the new screenshots and CM for Macross Frontier, I completely forgotten the mess that was KISS:DUM. I really really hope this Macross Frontier won't end up like that. That show had interesting character designs, mecha designs and somewhat a story but plagued by problems during development, it came out as crap. I hope satelight will do fine in Macross Frontier.

Edited by wolfx

Wasn't the problem with KISS DUM that the original director or creator, who had all the story in his head quit after only a couple of episodes had been made and the rest of the production staff and replacement director had to basically make up the rest of the series as they went along, as they had no idea what was supposed to happen?

I doubt we will see that problem with Frontier.

Graham

Probably both.

Loosing the Kite allows them to change the name and distribute it in the West bypassing the whole Tatsunoko/HG legal snags.

After 60 years it stands to reason that a United Nations on a galactic scale is no longer viable and a galactic government system would become necessary.

Macross VF-X2 Story in 2050.

In this period, Racrance(ラクテンス)hold U.N. real power. This group want take all power in Earth U.N., it prevent Frontier Planet has autonomy(辺境惑星自治). So, there is autonom conflict between Earth U.N. and Immigrant Fleet.

Feb. 2051, U.N. and Vindirance(ビンディランス)defeat the Macross 13 of Racrance. Racrance's ambition is broken.

So, I think Macross Frontier separate from earth U.N. in 2059.

Looks like it's SWS to me.

swsaa9.jpg

Your right I didn't see that "SMS" on the battroid. So I take it the red circle might be the new "UN SPACY" logo.

Edited by DrunkenMaster2

Wasn't the problem with KISS DUM that the original director or creator, who had all the story in his head quit after only a couple of episodes had been made and the rest of the production staff and replacement director had to basically make up the rest of the series as they went along, as they had no idea what was supposed to happen?

I doubt we will see that problem with Frontier.

Graham

Yeah that was one of the main problems. But i'm sure there are other contributing factors. Hopefully KISS:DUM served as a good lesson to them if any of them were from the same team.

SMS?

Super Monster Striker? XD

Super Macross Strikers? :p

On the wing of the Hikaru DYRL colored VF-25, it looks like 'SMS-007'.

And on the wing of the grey VF-25, it looks like 'SMS-001'.

Graham

I agree it says "SMS", now what does it mean?

the magazine article says in japanese that it's a blue scheme as well. looks like a tv max 1a scheme to me. probably looks purple cuz of the lighting in the shot.

The black/yellow logo reminds me a little bit of the Zentraedi logo. Maybe it's some kind of new human/Zent unification logo? ...Probably not.

It's definitely not SWS because it would be printed upside down on the fuselage.

And it's definitely not SMS because the S's would be backwards.

EDIT: Actually I just realized that the logo on the fuselage and the logo on the wing aren't even the same. They're mirror images of each other. Which leads me to believe that it's not a logo at all, and simply a black and yellow symbol of caution. Probably because it's a trainer aircraft.

BYlogo.jpg

Edited by Vic Mancini

Isn't possible they are just using this SMS/SWS logo thing just as a place holder for a new UNS logo they want to keep secret till the show starts ?

It's entirely possible, particularly if they plan to roll out a new Spacy logo.

The SMS could be the call letters for the school too, not to mention the flying "S" logo on the wing....