Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

I agree that it's too early to start making up theories, I was just thinking that I heard this "timespace anomaly" thing appearing in the chronology before the first episode of Zero, or at least when the OVA was still in production. If I'm remembering correctly, then I'd take that as a sign that it's not something that relates to Frontier specifically.

wikipedia has it listed as a sequel to macross 7 at around 2070. no parallel universe listed, only for macross II.

Well I don't give much credence to wikipedia entries since they are submitted and edited by people like us, not typically industry insiders and have proven to be wrong in many instances.

The most accurate info would be right here since many on these boards have direct access to original materials and translations and some have contacts within industries who would know.

Edited by Zinjo

I don't know, I seem to recall people speculating that Zero was an alternate timeline because it was still in production, or not yet out, at the time this talk of a 1995 timespace anomaly first came up. I'm fairly certain it was longer ago than earlier this year.

Nope, sorry bud. It was first seen at the TAF 2007 and posted here on July 9 by Kresphy in the old Macross 25 thread.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...sei&st=1380

B))

I'm sure the VF-25 has internal missiles. I think the lower leg/engines of the VF-25 appear to have bays on the outerside like most of the Mac+/Mac7 mecha. Though I cringe at the thought of comments from the "no leg room" crowd, especially with the thinner designs since Mac0 :):lol:

Edited by Mr March

I'm sure the VF-25 has internal missiles. I think the lower leg/engines of the VF-25 appear to have bays on the outerside like most of the Mac+/Mac7 mecha. Though I cringe at the thought of comments from the "no leg room" crowd, especially with the thinner designs since Mac0 :):lol:

But there's no room! :lol:

I wanted to be the first... :p

They'd have to be micro micro missiles then. :lol:

Says the people who never played the Macross PS2 game.

On the contrary, I HAVE played the PS2 Macross game that rocked and finished said game.

No way you could run out of missles! ^_^

'Tis true the pilots just have to wait 5 seconds for the spiritia reload.... :lol:

"Macross Frontier Manga, TV Special's Date Announced"

The January issue (on sale November 26) of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shonen Ace magazine will announce that the manga adaptation of the Macross Frontier anime television series will premiere in the February.....

Link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...-date-announced

Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hayato Aoki(Tekkaman Blade) will draw he manga.

Edited by richar

Has any sub group announced they're goning to pick this up? Hopefully someone that doesn't suck?

Prolly won't know until closer to air date.

If Mac 7 is any indicator there'll prolly be at least 3 groups working on it.

However the general net buzz, it makes me wonder if more will take on the project...

"Macross Frontier Manga, TV Special's Date Announced"

The January issue (on sale November 26) of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shonen Ace magazine will announce that the manga adaptation of the Macross Frontier anime television series will premiere in the February.....

Link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...-date-announced

Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hayato Aoki(Tekkaman Blade) will draw he manga.

Great news. And welcome to Macross World brichar!

But there's no room! :lol:

I wanted to be the first... :p

"Ah, Tyrone. You stupid, fat bastard" :)

They'd have to be micro micro missiles then. :lol:

"Is there another kind?" :lol:

Damn, I'm just quick with the movie quotes today :)

As far as leg room goes, I'm more concerned how you could fold the lower leg fins in, on top of the engine, combined with the missiles... :p I think the only logical way for all that to happen is some sort of portable hole they invented, or maybe a portal system (awesome game btw). Leave one portal on the ground, another on the plane, and you have a ground-launched system firing from an aircraft. :)

Realistically though, I don't see why the engines have to be so huge anymore. There are good sized internal cavities in many aircraft not used for anything.. they're just left empty to save weight. As engines get more powerful, and probably smaller, the effects of overpacking an aircraft with heavy objects would not be as great. Shoot, the engines on the YF-19 could already reach near orbit in less than a minute. I magine by this point they could probably have shrunk those engines considerably.

The Macross 25th Anniversary Special program that was announced earlier this month will air on the MBS/TBS television network in Japan on December 23 at 26:50 (effectively 2:50 a.m. the next day) on the Kansai region's MBS station and December 28 at 25:15 (1:15 a.m. the next day) on the Tokyo area's TBS station. The one-hour special will include a retrospective of previous Macross projects and a special compilation of clips from the first episode of Macross Frontier.

I hope somebody can tape this on the 23rd! It will make a nice Xmas present for all Macross World members ;)

As far as leg room goes, I'm more concerned how you could fold the lower leg fins in, on top of the engine, combined with the missiles... :p I think the only logical way for all that to happen is some sort of portable hole they invented, or maybe a portal system (awesome game btw). Leave one portal on the ground, another on the plane, and you have a ground-launched system firing from an aircraft. :)

Realistically though, I don't see why the engines have to be so huge anymore. There are good sized internal cavities in many aircraft not used for anything.. they're just left empty to save weight. As engines get more powerful, and probably smaller, the effects of overpacking an aircraft with heavy objects would not be as great. Shoot, the engines on the YF-19 could already reach near orbit in less than a minute. I magine by this point they could probably have shrunk those engines considerably.

How long did it take you to beat the whole game?

Can we get a better scane of the text in the box under Macross F. I'm going crosseyed and getting eyestrain from looking at it... and as near as I can tell, it's talking about Saotome Aruto.

As soon as I have a chance to buy the magazine, I'll remove the page and do a nice flat hi-res scan.

I'll check today, but it probably hasn't arrived here in HK so soon yet. We usually get it here on the 24th or 25th of each month.

Graham

Can we get a better scane of the text in the box under Macross F. I'm going crosseyed and getting eyestrain from looking at it... and as near as I can tell, it's talking about Saotome Aruto.

このロイ・フォッカー似のカラーリングはオズマ・リー搭乗機。

Ozma's VF-25 have similar color ring of Roy Focker.

主人公早乙女アルトが乗り込むVF-25は赤黒のラインが入っている.

Alto's VF-25 have red and black lines.

That's what I suspected for the color assignments.

I wonder who is flying the white and purple VF-25 from the first video? perhaps that is the new cannon-fodder scheme?

Graham

Thats what I'm wondering too. Though the pilot(whom I presume is the same guy yelling before the battroid fires its gun) did not look like either Alto nor Ozma.

That's what I suspected for the color assignments.

I wonder who is flying the white and purple VF-25 from the first video? perhaps that is the new cannon-fodder scheme?

Graham

What's up with that color schemes? white and purple c´mon! :blink:

I've actually never understood the "no leg room" concern. After the VF-1, the Valkyries were all built much larger and all featured bigger nacelles/legs. Since the VF-5000 onward, the Valkyries also all became a helluva lot lighter, most weighing around 8 tons compared to the VF-1's 13.25 ton weight. You can't build a significantly larger yet far lighter variable fighter by using the same proportionally sized engines that weigh just as much. They have to be smaller and lighter, especially since the engines are almost always the heaviest part of the aircraft.

I've heard fans complain the VF-17 has too much internal leg space, too. Have we ever seen a VF-17 beside a VF-1? I bet VF-17 could fit both VF-1 engines inside just one leg and still have room for a gun pod :) Even taking into account the line art, I'm willing to bet the VF-17 still enjoys a healthy 1.5 size ratio in the nacelle over the VF-1 (depth is a much more important dimension on the VF-17 legs as well).

I should make a few size comparison pictures for fun :)

Thanks, but my name is Richar!! :lol:

Ack! Sorry Richar :(

I agree, VF engines have to get smaller as technology advances, otherwise, some of the other stuff such internal missile bays, internal gunpods etc wouldn't be possible.

Although going by Gonzo's opening animation on Dynamite 7, the VF-19Kai's engines look massive! However, I tend to think of this CG animation as an animation error, or rather artistic licence on Gonzo's part.

Graham