Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

I would imagine they can. The probably can be partially raised/angled up to fire at targets that are behind and above the VF-25.

The VF-25 also has forward firing lasers(?) in the wingroots/hips, which can be used to fire at targets in the forward hemisphere.

Actually, watching the first video, I'm pretty sure that in the sceen where the white and purple VF-25 is in fighter mode, it can be seen firing the wing root guns.

Graham

To sketchley San and other Japanese Fans,

There is a new info, but I do not know what is HJ. Is it abbreviation??

Thanks to Project Phoenix!!!

HJ=Hobby Japan

ホビージャパン,2008 1月号(Hobby Japan, Jan. issue, 2008)

模型誌HJの情報

「人類は銀河の各方面に新天地を求め旅立った。

その25番目となる超長距離移民船団「マクロス・フロンティア」は

1000万人を超える人々を乗せ、銀河の中心付近を航行中に謎の敵と遭遇、戦闘状態に突入する。

(中略)時系列的には「マクロス7」の2045年よりおよそ14年後の西暦2059年の時代設定になる。」

11th-->25th

2070--->2059

So, some Japanese Fans said maybe Macross F is parallel world story...

and other info from Macross Official BBS:

Thanks to ベイソウ・セイケン さん

http://www.macross.co.jp/bbs/entry.cgi?mod...ree&no=1149

少年エース,2008 2月号(Boy Ace, Feb. issue, 2008)

Macross F Cartoon(漫画) will start!

= =

Cartoon?????????????????????

What about Macross F TV????

Edited by kresphy

oooh, the last time we saw a valk firing off so many guns in fighter mode, it was an animation error :p

There was a scene in episode # 2 of the Macross Plus OVA, where both the YF-19 in fighter mode and YF-21 in fighter mode can be seen firing their twin forward firing beam guns (wing root guns in the case of the YF-19 and elbow guns in the case of the YF-21).

And in Macross 7, there are many scenes where the VF-17D/S fighters and battroids fire their twin beam guns on the side of the cockpit/chest, although most of the time you have to be watching in slow motion to catch it.

I think in the first Macross Frontier preview clip, the VF-171 can also be shown firing the cockpit guns.

Graham

To sketchley San and other Japanese Fans,

There is a new info, but I do not know what is HJ. Is it abbreviation??

Thanks to Project Phoenix!!!

2008, Jan. Issue, Hobby Japan

模型誌HJの情報

「人類は銀河の各方面に新天地を求め旅立った。

11th-->25th

2070--->2059

Thanks to ベイソウ・セイケン さん

= =

Parallel world story would make sense considering the many similarities between F and previous series. Interesting. Though I have a feeling the 2045 and 2059 indicate the years a certain valkyrie was in operation, though I don't know for sure.

Hey more valks for us!

In the screengrab there only seems to be 2 guns firing.

That would explain the VF-171 version.

Or perhaps they are wondering if there is going to be a side story ala the Gundam productions (like Astray or 00P).

(中略)時系列的には「マクロス7」の2045年よりおよそ14年後の西暦2059年の時代設定になる。

It sounds like 14 years after 2059, which would place it in 2073, which would correspond with 207x. We need a translator....

It sounds like 14 years after 2059, which would place it in 2073, which would correspond with 207x. We need a translator....

I believe it's 14 years after 2045, placing the series in 2059.

Does that mean we get a glimpse of Max and Milia again? I doubt that they would be dead 14 years from where they left off in Mac7.

There was a scene in episode # 2 of the Macross Plus OVA, where both the YF-19 in fighter mode and YF-21 in fighter mode can be seen firing their twin forward firing beam guns (wing root guns in the case of the YF-19 and elbow guns in the case of the YF-21).

And in Macross 7, there are many scenes where the VF-17D/S fighters and battroids fire their twin beam guns on the side of the cockpit/chest, although most of the time you have to be watching in slow motion to catch it.

I think in the first Macross Frontier preview clip, the VF-171 can also be shown firing the cockpit guns.

Graham

yeah... I was making the "ha ha"

The news from Macross Official Website!!!!

http://www.macross.co.jp/

Macross F Vol.1 Special Edit version will be released!!!

TBS 12月23日(日)深夜26:50〜(予定)

MBS 12月28日(金)深夜25:15〜(予定)

Macross F is MBS new Anime, why first broadcast in TBS??

= =

and old news

Macross U.N. Music flight jacket

=======================================

071109, 23:56 JST

http://www.tanomi.com/macross/

Macross U.N. Music flight jacket

mfj_in.jpg

Maybe left package could inculde MP3 player~~~

mfj_mini_02.jpg

and headphone...

mfj_mini_01.jpg

BUT..................

limit produce: 100

= =

The news from Macross Official Website!!!!

http://www.macross.co.jp/

Macross F Vol.1 Special Edit version will be released!!!

TBS 12月23日(日)深夜26:50〜(予定)

MBS 12月28日(金)深夜25:15〜(予定)

Hang on, I think that is the Macross 25th Anniversery show, NOT the first episode of Macross F.

And what's up with those times? What the heck is 26:50 & 25:15? I've never heard of a clock that goes past 24 hours!

Can somebody do a proper translation please.

Graham

ホビージャパン,2008 1月号(Hobby Japan, Jan. issue, 2008)

模型誌HJの情報

「人類は銀河の各方面に新天地を求め旅立った。

11th-->25th

2070--->2059

Thanks to ベイソウ・セイケン さん

= =

漫画 = manga, or comics.

The problem with the HJ article is that right smack in the middle, it says "omitted". Therefore, without the full article, or without it in it's proper context, I can't trust what comes after what is indicated as being omitted. Everything up until that word is pretty much the same as the other material that I translated.

Hang on, I think that is the Macross 25th Anniversery show, NOT the first episode of Macross F.

And what's up with those times? What the heck is 26:50 & 25:15? I've never heard of a clock that goes past 24 hours!

Graham

Yes, it is not Vol.1!

It is only Vol.1 Special Edit Version, maybe some clips from Vol.1.

Dec. 23, 26:50 = Dec. 24, 2:50AM

Merry X'mas~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

漫画 = manga, or comics.

The problem with the HJ article is that right smack in the middle, it says "omitted". Therefore, without the full article, or without it in it's proper context, I can't trust what comes after what is indicated as being omitted. Everything up until that word is pretty much the same as the other material that I translated.

Thanks sketchley!!

SORRY, I know it's means, but I use wrong words again, HAHAHA~~~

Macross F Comics will start to serialize from Feburary

So... Macross F TV a might start to broadcast at an earlier date???

Edited by kresphy

Graham

26:50 = the next day, at 02:50.

25:15 = the next day, at 01:15.

Apparently TV programming schedules in Japan are from 04:00 to 28:00 (04:00 to 03:59 for those subscribing to a different interpretation of the clock and sleep-wake cycles.) An example: http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/vhf/osaka/realtime.html

I only have time to do a quickie glance and translate at the moment of the latest news on http://www.macross.co.jp/

Broadcast of the "Macross 25th Anniversary Commemoration Special" (tentative) Broadcast Planned!

Macross F is planned for broadcasting in 2008.

「マクロスf」第一話スペシャル編集版をいち早く放映!

The special edition version of the first episode is being promptly broadcast!

お見逃し無く!!

Don't miss it!!

Additional notes: Macross F is a Big West programme. MBS is the first broadcaster to agree to broadcast the show. The majority of broadcasters in Japan are limited to their local area. Very, very, very few broadcast nationally. Where I live, there is no MBS nor TBS. T.T Hopefully one of the local broadcasters will pick up the show.

Additional notes: Macross F is a Big West programme. MBS is the first broadcaster to agree to broadcast the show. The majority of broadcasters in Japan are limited to their local area. Very, very, very few broadcast nationally. Where I live, there is no MBS nor TBS. T.T Hopefully one of the local broadcasters will pick up the show.

Hmmmm...

Early Macross TV series is BigWest and MBS(每日放送) cooperant program~~~

SO, you could see “製作:每日放送、ビックウエスト” at the end of OP~~

Edited by kresphy

The whole galactic time space anomaly addition to the Chronology is going to come into play in the new series otherwise there is no reason to add it after all this time.

Either it's an alternate universe story, the enemy are actually the PC from another timeline, or some kind of nemsis that have emerged out of the rift in space time, back in 1995 MT (Macross Timeline)...

Should be interesting...

I don't know, I seem to recall people speculating that Zero was an alternate timeline because it was still in production, or not yet out, at the time this talk of a 1995 timespace anomaly first came up. I'm fairly certain it was longer ago than earlier this year.

I think it's much too early to say what that space-time anomally entry in the chronology actually means. We just don't have enough information right now. It could be an in-universe time phenomenon or it could be something as simple as a reference to a space fold. Or it could even be revisionist history to free the future Macross franchise from some legal problems. We just don't know. So I say, don't get worried or confused about it. Just file it under "unresolved" for now.

I'm getting all confused with these alternate universe theories. :wacko: Anyone mind to explain what's the deal with this time space anomaly?

The nature of the anomaly has not been stated. It just appeared as an event in the official timeline recently. I think it's just branching point between "our" universe and the Macross universe. Or it might be something else. Who knows what they have in mind.