Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

Bingo. As much as I would love to see Mikimoto back or if Miyatake is brought in if he can, they do have other work to do. And Macross is practically Kawamori's baby so why should he not have control over it.

I expect it's a matter of scheduling. As you said they have other projects to do and so does SK, but he has set aside a year to work on MF (which also benefits Satelite, the company he runs).

He is getting further and further removed from the hands on part of the productions and acting more as a steering influence.

With the exception of the new "Pill" colony ships, all the rest of the Spacy fleet appears to be recycled from previous shows. The new enemy ships are most likely organic and well let's face it after the PD, Miyatake showed he is not that great at "organic" :rolleyes:

Someone asked earlier if there was a battle fortress in the fleet and most likely there is one attached to the City ship from the 2040's era. I doubt it will look much different from the Battle 13 of VF-X2 fame.

Now is there any way to get a higher resolution pic of that new Logo?? B))

You also have to understand that when designing characters/mecha/whatever for a show, you have to create basically what the suits with the money want you to create. Miyatake did a fantastic job with the technorganic Zentradi ships and designs for both the original tv series and movie, there no reason he shouldn't be able to do a similar job with something like the Protodevlin, or the these new organic enemies.

Individual designers, or even creators, do not have 100% control over what they're doing. They've got bosses whom they answer to. Design requirements they must work within.

For a high res logo, I tried tracing the image and enhancing it, but I can't tell if the layers are right for the underlying blue letter f. Color is a little off too. But I imagine a decent sized logo will come out very soon. :)

frontier.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

As for the VF-25, it has ventral fins on the legs like the VF-1, although they're slightly bigger, and look to be shaped similarly to the tail. I'd think of them as a hybrid between the VF-1 and SV-51, which had almost twin fins in the rear.

The VF-25 keeps looking more and more like a crazy blended version of every Valk ever made. I'm just glad they ditched the huge ankle cuffs from Mac7 in favor of something a little more streamlined. I can't wait for the line art for it to come out.

It's weird, the pictures in Gerwalk and Battroid modes doesn't show the fin on the legs but you can see it in the rear view picture.

VF-25FighterRear.jpg

VF-25Battroid.jpg

VF-25Gerwalk.jpg

For a high res logo, I tried tracing the image and enhancing it, but I can't tell if the layers are right for the underlying blue letter f. Color is a little off too. But I imagine a decent sized logo will come out very soon. :)

frontier.jpg

フロンティア!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frontier or Flantier???

what is TRUTH?????

Kawamori san looks older...

フロンティア!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frontier or Flantier???

what is TRUTH?????

In Modified Hepburn it's: furontia

In Nihon-shiki (sic. Nipponsiki) it's: hurontia

In Kunrei-shiki (sic. Kunreisiki) it's: hurontia

There are other varients, but truth be known, the producers of Macross tend to not follow any of the standard romanizations (see their English translations of Zentraedi terms.)

In other words, a bunch of kids learned English in school, forgot what they learned, and when they became adults, they think they are right when they romanize their language. Thus the letter R has a tendancy to become a letter L, among other things.

Speaking of letters R and L, the Japanese have neither sound in their language, but they have one that is in the middle of the two. Thus, for them there is no difference in the pronunciation of the word flontiel and frontier.

Anyhow, the change of O to A is most likely attributed to how a native speaker of English pronounces the schwa in the word. It also hints at having used a Southern-USAian accent.

...y'all. Makes you think, don't it, eh? Frontier... wagons west... to the frontier. Heck, the ships are reminiscient of covered wagons.

What's correct? Well, the accepted romanizations are listed above, and the common romanization that native English speakers (specifically Macross fans) are using is Frontier.

Edited by sketchley

So I don't have the patience to sift through the past dozen pages of this thread ... Has a firm release date (other than 2008) been set yet? Has anyone heard of any fansub groups planning to pick this one up once it's released? Since Macross is such a fan favorite in the English speaking world, I'd imagine a few different groups would take a crack at it like Zero.

Is Bandai handling the domestic (i.e., Japanese) release distribution rights or is that just the toy and/or merchandising rights they scooped up? I'm kind of hoping it's both, not bc I want Bandai to start sitting on Macross toy licenses they never plan to get any use out of, but rather they might have the financial muscle to take HG to the mat and wrestle this thing out for international release??? Is it just a pipe dream?

I guess that if they didn't do it for Zero, they're not going to for this one. A boy can dream, though.

What's correct? Well, the accepted romanizations are listed above, and the common romanization that native English speakers (specifically Macross fans) are using is Frontier.

HAHAHA

Thanks, Sketchley San!!

It is EASY case, it must Frontier!!!

Because MBS Special is "Frontiers of MACROSS", this text is same on Newtype, Animage and Animedia!!!

SO..... this LOGO confuse us

^^

Edited by kresphy

Speaking of letters R and L, the Japanese have neither sound in their language, but they have one that is in the middle of the two. Thus, for them there is no difference in the pronunciation of the word flontiel and frontier.

Always suspected, but had no confirmation till now...

I'm expecting more Engrish as we move along.

So I don't have the patience to sift through the past dozen pages of this thread ... Has a firm release date (other than 2008) been set yet? Has anyone heard of any fansub groups planning to pick this one up once it's released? Since Macross is such a fan favorite in the English speaking world, I'd imagine a few different groups would take a crack at it like Zero.

Is Bandai handling the domestic (i.e., Japanese) release distribution rights or is that just the toy and/or merchandising rights they scooped up? I'm kind of hoping it's both, not bc I want Bandai to start sitting on Macross toy licenses they never plan to get any use out of, but rather they might have the financial muscle to take HG to the mat and wrestle this thing out for international release??? Is it just a pipe dream?

Word is Spring 2008. And it's a bit too early to know who will be subbing it.

Yes, Bandai is handling the domestic Japanese distribution. We are still unclear on the merchandising rights. And keep dreaming about the International release.

And Look - whoever was deriding LEGO. Kawamorisan is using LEGO to prototype his latest Valkyrie design. 'nuff said.

Lol. That's a SV-51. I never said I didn't like LEGO nor did I diss LEGO. In fact, I love LEGO since I was a kid. Just said it's not what's intended to do. If there was a kit that was intended to be a SV-51, chances are it'd be better than a custom job.

So I don't have the patience to sift through the past dozen pages of this thread.

Oh, it's definitely worth reading from about page 50 onwards, that's where all the new pics, videos and information on Macross F start appearing. You are missing out on a lot if you skip those pages.

Graham

If you look at the VF-25 in fighter mode, there's fins on the underside of it, like the YF-19. Unlike the YF-19 they dissappear when it transforms to gerwalk and battroid. That's what badboy00z was wondering and zinjo, and I were guessing about.

Edited by Sumdumgai

the fins are connected to the same part that hold the sweep wings. So I would say it's in the back in battroid, but you can see it plain sight in gerwalk.

No, those are different I believe. I'm talking about the one in the red circle. It's not present in battroid or gerwalk mode.

VF-25FighterRearfin.jpg