Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

i cant believe its been this long and still no video

Well...there's a good chance that a official trailer will up on the official site. The only mention on the official site is to check back for more news on Macross F (tentative title) (posted Aug. 28). Sorry.

Hmm, this is where I was remembering that from: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/7194/ak-mac2.htm

"The Gun pod's proper name is a RG-022 Gun pod, not a 2-SS. It is not a Railgun, contrary to the RPG's stements. It does full damage when used in an atmosphere."

My source is this : Macross II Interview from B-Club Magazine 79 (translated and republished in Mangazine, Sept '92 - Note: Not all the line art was republished)

Upon review, the Mid-sized or Heavy duty gun pod is a rail gun while the regular ones are not.

Any further discussion on this topic needs to be done in another thread. <_<

As I said before, I'd like to see the use of Rail Guns in Macross F, considering they have enough punch to penetrate any conventional armor, which would require an enemy to possess some sort of defensive barrier shield to survive a shot from one.

Edited by Zinjo

My source is this : Macross II Interview from B-Club Magazine 79 (translated and republished in Mangazine, Sept '92 - Note: Not all the line art was republished)

Upon review, the Mid-sized or Heavy duty gun pod is a rail gun while the regular ones are not.

Any further discussion on this topic needs to be done in another thread. <_<

As I said before, I'd like to see the use of Rail Guns in Macross F, considering they have enough punch to penetrate any conventional armor, which would require an enemy to possess some sort of defensive barrier shield to survive a shot from one.

That's a bad link, but doesn't the SWAG armor make that mean a lot less?

That's a bad link, but doesn't the SWAG armor make that mean a lot less?

Sorry, try this one: http://members.shaw.ca/zinjo/Index/Files/M...I_Interview.zip

The SWAG armor would not be able to counter the massive kinetic energy of the projectile fired at it by the rail gun.

At best, if sufficiently strong enough, it could protect the fighter from instant destruction, but that is something I'd suspect only a barrier reinforced shield could do (however the shield would likely be ruined after it).

A rail gun fired at full capacity is capable of turning the projectile into a plasma state with incredible kinetic energy. Which is why in Mac II it was depicted a one shot kill weapon, since thats what it would do.

To incorporate that into Mac F, would show a significant upgrade in weaponry, while still not converting the fighter weapons systems of Spacy over to power hog energy based weaponry that the Zentreadi used on their non-transforming Mecha.

I find it insane that Mari Iijima looks as young as, if not younger, than the new girl in that picture.

It's not too insane if you've seen pictures of Mari from when she originally played Minmay back in 1982. She was 19, but looked like she was 12!

I find it insane that Mari Iijima looks as young as, if not younger, than the new girl in that picture.

Trust me, she doesn't look as young (apologies Marii-san). Yes, she does look young, but compare their body language. Who has the confidence of experience and who is still youthfully nervous? It's especially apparent in the eyes (how many of you actually looked at those parts?!?!?!?!?!!) :o

ok people its me deadghost I know its been a while since I have been around but like a ghost I am everyewhere and nowhere but to the point what do we know about the story so far, who is the green haird girl and the blond in the background, is it a male leading character or female. What mechas well we see besides the vf-5000 star mirage , and most importantly do we have any video footage that can be more understood then that japanese website, (I should have paid more attention in my japanese class), I cant wait for this :D

ok people its me deadghost I know its been a while since I have been around but like a ghost I am everyewhere and nowhere but to the point what do we know about the story so far, who is the green haird girl and the blond in the background, is it a male leading character or female. What mechas well we see besides the vf-5000 star mirage , and most importantly do we have any video footage that can be more understood then that japanese website, (I should have paid more attention in my japanese class), I cant wait for this :D

We have no clue who's who yet because we don't have production lineart to go with names. We only have 1 name, "Ranka Lee" (unconfirmed spelling), and that is the only character confirmed. We have no production lineart on any VFs as well. That VF that "looks like" the VF-5000 has not been confirmed to be a VF-5000.

Trust me, she doesn't look as young (apologies Marii-san). Yes, she does look young, but compare their body language. Who has the confidence of experience and who is still youthfully nervous? It's especially apparent in the eyes (how many of you actually looked at those parts?!?!?!?!?!!) :o

Eyes? :blink: What is this thing you speak of, eyes? :unsure::p

Macross 25th Project, HD Remaster DVD Series

All have booklet(豪華ブックレット)~~~

Macross TV, Feb.22, 2008

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3169

Macross DYRL, Dec.21, 2007

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3171

Macross DYRL Memorial Box, Dec.21, 2007

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3170

Macross TV, Feb.22, 2008

OMFG!!!! A HD remaster of DYRL!!! I thought the R2 Bandai release I had was sweet... OH WOW!! Gimme

The series I'll pass on, since the 16mm film stock won't give them any better a master than what Animeigo did, not to mention the nearly $400.00 price tag!

Edited by Zinjo

Thank God I am taking a new job that doubles my current salary. I'll need all the cash I can get for all the HD releases, Macross, Macross DYRL, Macross Plus, Macross 7 and the Soundtrack set..... where can I sell my soul at till my new pay kicks in?

Edited by Sorata

OMFG!!!! A HD remaster of DYRL!!! I thought the R2 Bandai release I had was sweet... OH WOW!! Gimme

The series I'll pass on, since the 16mm film stock won't give them any better a master than what Animeigo did, not to mention the nearly $400.00 price tag!

Hahaha. I'll probably end up picking the HD remaster of the TV series regardless. Maybe the PQ will be better than the Animeigo set and well...the way I see it, if they keep seeing people throw money at the Macross series (merchandise) then hopefully they'll keep producing more for series! Win - win is how I see it!

Edited by Oihan

Macross TV, Feb.22, 2008

HORY SHIIIETTT!!!!!!

THESE WILL ALL BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!1111111

--add--

AmazonJapan don't have it, yet, but CDJapan already listed it:

DYRL memorial-box edition: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-3170

DYRL single-edition: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-3171

M-TV: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-3169

Edited by treatment

Bandai Visual, how about on "Blu-ray"?

If it were to actually go to a HD format...how about on both? I don't want to fork over $600 for a paper weight. :p

Edited by Oihan

I can picture the Bandai Visual executives saying:

"ooook... we STILL don't know when the new series is going to come out SO let's keep the 25th anniversay brand in the public's mind until FEBRUARY 2008...

... THEN we release the whole thing again on Blu-Ray!!!"

Anyway, apparently disc 3 in the box set with include the TV ads, the movies from the Sega Saturn game and "news reports".

I like that they're including the video-game footage in these releases (even M3 in the Macross 7 box set) but I would have preferred an updated Future Chronicle ^_^

Space monsters in macross frontier.

You guys should be worried. What if it is like pokemon with valkyries? :D

The main character is DR. Chiba's son who has to collect the various monsters' powers by studying them with his valk and beating them to submission in fights and eventually putting them in a lab which then allows him to breed them and train them to help fight other monsters which builds his collection. He will have spiky hair and look like YuGiOh and enjoy playing card games like Magic The Gathering.

The method of mind control to get the monsters to obey his commands (named the "master of the beast" sound hypnosis technique for creating the mindless zombie slave) is use of sound weapons to confuse them and trick them. (the monsters feel pain when hearing the noise which the scientists use as a form of "sound torture" to the poor monsters who are enslaved by the humans and fear more pain lest they disobey the humans control)

Ahaha kawamori has gone crazy. What will happen is the protodevlin will spawn new "monster children" who rebel against their parents and go around eating and killing humans against their parents orders, and the only one that can save the galaxy is a little kid and the use of mind-controlled, hypnotised, zombie-slave, monsters manipulated by music to protect humans.

The military will be useless as usual and valks are merely used to maintain the zoos where some of the monsters are kept in captivity and fed cloned "zentradi meat" in battroid mode, similar to how the battroid was used to fight a dinosaur in macross 7. (the racist humans in macross plus really don't like those zentradi trouble-makers who only war-monger)

An aged Guvava will probably appear somewhere and act as a psychic newtype radar for locating people lost in space, and be a part of the mad scientist Dr. Chiba's experiments which are too dangerous to test on humans so he has to first test on Guvava. (a lab rat which mylene agrees to allow chiba to experiment on as she is sick of taking care of now that she is famous) Guvava eventually rebels and falls in love with a monster and helps to free the monsters from human mind control by destroying the labs of the mad scientists, and that ends macross 25.

Guvava exposes the illegal experiments which leads to DR Chiba's arrest, and is congratulated and becomes a famous icon.

The end. No more macross for ages. The sequel OVA exposes a new twist: the military secretly ordered the mad doctor to experiment on these monsters using such cruel techniques for their own purposes to create the ultimate bioweapons which would kill and cause psychological trauma to the enemies that saw them. Chiba spills the beans about the "Operation BeastMaster" to the press and is assasinated and mysteriously dies but his son is able to write a book about it and the grandson publishes it at a time when he believes it is safe. Songs are written about it by heavy metal bands but the morbid lyrics are just too esoteric for average people to understand who are more into pop idols singing alien love songs.

The monsters although cartoony, have similar powers to the metroid in the metroid games. They can absorb energy and even convert that energy into electrical power which can transfer the absorbed energy into the powered mecha which begins the next generation of powered armor: part organic living being which feeds off others by absorbing their energy, and part machine which activates the weapons grafted into the bodies of the organic powered armor. (similar to the inbit in mospeada)

This ushers in the "new age of the human-controlled protodevlin": mass produced bio-engineered versions of the originals as seen in macross 7 bred for destruction. Humans plan to use these new nightmare weapons to control the galaxy which begins the eventual destruction of their own civilisation as the creatures destroy everything and no longer have enough organisms to feed off and causes the creatures to farm humans again for sustenance. But the humans still do not provide enough power for the creatures that have grown too large over the many centuries of eating, so they must go into a low power "hybernation" state to stay alive and go to sleep until enough creatures for them to feed off of are gradually regrown in the galaxy again (through cloning and a breeding program) to sustain their active state again.. Music and culture are forgotten by the humans as their quest for more power blinded them to the dangers of using the technology for destructive purposes which would backfire on them as it goes out of control. The last human survivor leaves behind a memory plate with a song on it for future generation of alien civilisation to later discover in the hope they learn the lessons of humans. (maybe some variation of the elvish aliens seen in the macross 7 ova?) Humans failed the test, and now it's up to spock-eared elves to take the place of the humans and become the next leaders.

Elves become the master geneticists and create the opposite of the protodevlin: take the absorbtion properties of the PD which steal power from other beings, and create new creatures which breed and regenerate large numbers of themselves (like the xenomorph from aliens) creating an overpopulation of that type of creature whose large numbers can feed the PD with enough energy to live forever. These new creatures become the Proto-immortals. Angels whose regenerative abilities allow them to no longer need to feed and only use music for entertainment purposes and not for feeding purpose or mind control reasons.

A problem is created: being so advanced and intelligent and living for so long means they are not understood by the many other races of lesser evolved creatures around them and they must seek isolation from the others lest the other races see them as a threat due to their knowledge and intellect which the other races covet.

Having lived so long, these angels also become too bored of their existence and wish only one thing: the right to die and be released from living. Using genetic modification they create lesser versions of themselves which are meldings of human and elf dna which live for thousands of years but eventually age and die. The balance is created: culture and emotions to experience all the happiness and joy of humans, long lifespan and immunity to diseases and sickness (which humans once sufferred) of the PC...but... just enough destructive urge and temptations from the more warlike humans and zentradi DNA to allow for the potential for natural death as the civilisation ages and grows bored of itself. Nature takes over and things grow old and die, and this begins the lifecycle of the fully evolved and perfect being, while the "almost supernatural" and mythical Proto-immortals fades away into memory and legend. (they decide to transend the material world and go into the subuniverse living as ghosts having no more influence in the affairs of the beings in this universe and leaving no record of their existence until such time that the gate to their sub-universe is once again opened. But unlike the protodevlin they will not need to feed as they've become truly self sufficient and "whole")

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker