Transformer Super Thread 6

Looks are nothing, it's all about home-made frosting. Frosting in a can, and most bakery frosting, is just disgusting IMHO. It's like making Rice Krispie cheats using that "mallow goo in a jar"----melting real marshmallows and butter is 100x better, and just as easy. (Krispie treats made using that stuff in a jar---I refuse to eat, it's just nasty IMHO)

Happy Birthday, Dave!

Sorry, out of topic here, but I am asking if any members here have the Black Convoy, BT-17 released only in Japan for 5,500 yen?

There is one on ebay right now that I just saw.

I'd like to complete my Binaltech collection, and would you guys think it's worth it to spend 44,750 yen ($390 USD) for the figure? is this justifiable to complete the Binaltech series?

My thoughts are that consistancy matters, so would it be right to say that the BT series ended with BT-16 because anything after are in different packaging?

What do you guys think?

Isn't there yet another BT figure coming out in Japan, another repaint? I can't remember the name but it's rather strange.

I know that the BT-18 is coming out, which is a repaint Ford GT; Mirage ... the body panels are clear plastic parts.

I hope Binaltech/KP, Masterpiece, and reissues manage to stay alive in Japan. I'm fine if Hasbro and TakaraTomy choose to disagree on some things. Maybe they can get Classics and Titanium too and continue them with their own designs.

Edited by sh002

good news to some if this is true. me being one of them. bay might not do transformers 2. the movie was ok but i'm sure a lot of other people in the biz could do a similar or better job anyway.

Man, it took a lot of effort, but finally located a Leader Brawl at a Target. Haven't opened it yet as I am still at work, but he looks pretty good in the box right now. ^_^

This guy apparently shows up randomly at different Targets for the past couple days. Checked a TF board with a post locating like 6 of them(as well as some other new wave 2 figures) at a specific local Target. Got there an hour later after work. NOTHING! Not even any of the smaller figures I don't care for. Not sure if scalpers are in the works, or if these Movie TFs are really that hot. (Well, I guess both, as they are all sold out local & online) But took me visiting like 6 local Targets and finally found this Leader Brawl this morning... It does feel goooood when your long search is rewarded at the very end. But I have to say I was pretty upset last night, failing to acquire it after a long drive, thinking how can they sold 6 Leader Brawls in an hour... Kudos to Hasbro for the sucky distribution. I have still yet seen a Leader Megatron in person up til this day.

I'll post more comments on the toy after some play time.

Leader Brawl Review - save your money

The Automorphs ruin this toy! The head launches up through the chest at the slightest touch of either the lever or the bottom of the neck assembly. The other automorph is in the tread skirts. The forward section of each skirt is spring loaded and connects under the gray light thingies. Unfortunately, getting all the skirts in place takes more tinkering than an Alternator so I can never get the forward skirt to stay clipped in place. All the while, I keep triggering the head automorph!

The robot and tank modes look good, but it is the engineering that kills this toy.

I returning this as defective. Hasbro can have this piece of crap back.

Is Leader Brawl as much of a brick as he looks like? I was excited at the concept of him at first but the more I see of him the more I think he's a large chunk of "looks bad-ass but ultimately isn't that fun". I'd be completely happy with Deluxe Brawl if they'd just retool the shoulders.

I don't know how the rest of the country is doing, but there isn't a Voyager or Leader to be had in the Pittsburgh area, and the only deluxes are the protoforms. I had to go all the way to Cleveland to find a Voyager Megatron, and I still need the new Camaro Bumblebee... just to have the actual figures that were in the movie. I've totally missed every other deluxe.

That's pretty much the scene all across the country. The only new stuff trickling in is the G1 repaints of Jazz, Starscream and Thundercracker and the two new Real Gear fellas, Meantime and High Score. If you want some of the first wave Deluxes you should check a Kohls if there are any near you. They seem to be one of the only stores left with some stock. Probably because nobody ever thinks to check Kohls for toys.

Also, Fleet Farm should be setting up their X-Mas Toyland soon. They're bound to have a bunch of movie toys this year, at least for the first few days it's open. They had Classics last year before almost anyone else, and they were cheaper, too.

Is Leader Brawl as much of a brick as he looks like? I was excited at the concept of him at first but the more I see of him the more I think he's a large chunk of "looks bad-ass but ultimately isn't that fun". I'd be completely happy with Deluxe Brawl if they'd just retool the shoulders.

The legs are nicely articulated, however, the bulk on the back of the legs make this mostly useless. There is a lot of good articulation in the arms and hands. The toy is fun to play with in bot mode. A lever on the right arm extends the gun and flips up a sight thingy. Sliding the lack panel on the left arm flips the blades into place. The sound effects in tank mode are kind of fun. Push the canon to get a canon sound. Turn the upper turret one way to get a gun and missile sound. Turn it the other way to get a different gun sound. Turn it to the 45 degree mark in either direction and the sound effect repeats indefinitely.

I returned Brawl. I managed to get it into tank mode once, but was unable to get the skirts aligned when I tried a second time. After 10 minutes of screwing with the skirts I decided that I didn't need a toy that increased my stress level instead of providing some relaxation.

if brawl looked a little like a destroid i would be excited about the movie design and toy versions. the only movie toy i have is deluxe concept camaro bumblebee. i'm just waiting for everything else that is transformers that is not movie related to be released. spoke too soon about michael bay. too bad. also that optimus ornament is pretty cool.

Automorph=gimmick. Gimmicks ruin TF's. Hasbro never learns, they just find new ways to mess up otherwise nice transformations. Ironically, this is a "transforming" gimmick that messes up a Transformer...

Anyways---NO standard toys in town, just checked today. There's real gear, but no basic/deluxe/voyager/leader. Ultimate BB is a shelf-warmer.

That's pretty much the scene all across the country. The only new stuff trickling in is the G1 repaints of Jazz, Starscream and Thundercracker and the two new Real Gear fellas, Meantime and High Score. If you want some of the first wave Deluxes you should check a Kohls if there are any near you. They seem to be one of the only stores left with some stock. Probably because nobody ever thinks to check Kohls for toys.

Also, Fleet Farm should be setting up their X-Mas Toyland soon. They're bound to have a bunch of movie toys this year, at least for the first few days it's open. They had Classics last year before almost anyone else, and they were cheaper, too.

No, I mean there's absolutely no deluxes (aside from the protoforms, which are looking more like pegwarmers), voyagers, or leaders. I am yet to see the repaints, leader Brawl, or 2008 Camaro Bumblebee. There haven't been any Voyager Megatrons here either; I found mine in Cleveland.

I'm trying to cut down on the number of Transformers I'm buying, since I bought all of the deluxe and voyager Classics. I'm trying to limit my movie purchases to just the characters that had screen time, although Wreckage looks really bad-ass. Like G2 Megatron.

Oh, and we don't have any Fleet Farms here. There's no Kohl's in my town, either, but I think there's one in the next town over.

someone was right about kohl's having a small selection of toys. i saw deluxe scorponok, bonecrusher, wreckage, swindle, and dreadwing.

Automorph=gimmick. Gimmicks ruin TF's. Hasbro never learns, they just find new ways to mess up otherwise nice transformations. Ironically, this is a "transforming" gimmick that messes up a Transformer...

Anyways---NO standard toys in town, just checked today. There's real gear, but no basic/deluxe/voyager/leader. Ultimate BB is a shelf-warmer.

Actually, I think the automorph feature in Concept Camero Bumblebee doesn't interfere with transformation or the figure itself. Then again, he could be the only exception...

I haven't seen a TF movie Deluxe in weeks, probably over a month. I was lucky to find voyager Thundercracker yesterday. I'm still looking for that yellow bastard (aka. Concept Camaro Bumblebee) along with the other Deluxe figures in Wave 2 and 3.

Saw this auction on eBay ..... ewwwwwwww.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Megan-Fox-TRANSFORMERS...Z1QQcmdViewItem

Edited by Vermillion21

I haven't seen a TF movie Deluxe in weeks, probably over a month. I was lucky to find voyager Thundercracker yesterday. I'm still looking for that yellow bastard (aka. Concept Camaro Bumblebee) along with the other Deluxe figures in Wave 2 and 3.

Saw this auction on eBay ..... ewwwwwwww.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Megan-Fox-TRANSFORMERS...Z1QQcmdViewItem

I'll be the first to state the obvious fact that Megan Fox is a hottie. But purchasing her used underwear?

:blink:

:wacko:

I generally like the automorph. The gimmick worked well on leader Prime and wasn't bad on Ironhide either. Unfortunately, the gimmick is poorly executed on leader Brawl to the point where it reduces the fun factor.

I don't know... Mine works great actually, and don't have issues you mentioned. No problem with Brawl's head or frustration on lining up the skirts. Pretty easy actually.

Spent a bit time on Leader Brawl, and now start doing a dirt wash over it. This toy turn out to be another gem. While I think Leader Prime is still the best figure Movie TFs has to offer so far, Leader Brawl would probably comes to the second best. Very solid with ratchets joints all over. Tons of joints on the arms & shoulders, almost a joint or two too many. The legs are in similar fashion of Prime, except with no ankle ball joint, but just a hinge that moves like 20-30 degree. The figure is still very stable, just ground contact not as perfect as Prime. You do feel a bit more parts dangling around, so feel slightly less solid compare to Prime, but this is more due to the robot design. The sound and light gimmick is the best on the Movie line. You can vary the sound effects by turning the small turrets at different angle or press different buttons, while the main cannon has its own sound and light as well.

So while rank slightly below Prime, its still a very worthy Movie TF purchase, and pack a lot more weapons and firing power than Prime. There is a weapon on every part of Brawl's body and limb. Talk about overkill. :D