Transformer Super Thread 6

I'm surprised just how many people over there have bit the bullet and ordered every Animated figure available from HK sellers who already have the toys. Typically a few people will do that, but this is the first time I've seen so many fans buy so many pre-market toys. I bought Bulkhead from a seller in Taiwan but there's no way I'd buy any more until they hit. Waiting longer than we should have to sucks, but whadda ya do?

GUILTY

:ph34r:

GUILTY

:ph34r:

LOL, more power to you. Believe me, if I wasn't saving my toy cash for a few heavy hitters (CMs Legioss, SOC Godmarz, SOC Raideen) I'd probably have a few more animated toys on the way, too. Bulkhead is an excellent toy and has me very excited to get more. And here I thought the movie line had killed my interest in Transformers. :mellow:

And what we see from Animate is just the tip of the iceberg... Tons of great figures to come: Blitzwing, Soundwave, Wreck-Gar, Sentinel Prime, Ultra Magnus, Oil Slick, Waspinator, Jazz, etc. It's going to be crazy in the next few years!

There's an animated Wreckgar coming?

My Henkei(aka Japanese Classics) Megatron, Optimus and Starscream arrived today.

Just like I was hoping, Megatron's chrome isn't at all jarring in person. I think most of the pics that have been taken so far are either with flashes or with the light reflected in such a way that it looks like the chrome has more of a brighter contrast to the silver and gray paint apps than it actually does. It really does look much better in person.

I like this Starscream much more. The red is more of a cherry red, and what I really like is that the face and chest vents are painted. Unfortunately, there was a little paint sloppage on the head. It looks like when the machine colored in the eyes, a tiny drop of the red paint fell onto the side of the head. I zoomed right in on it. :( And again, fortunately the chrome on the cannons are not as jarring in person.

I never liked all the yellow on Classics Prime so Henkei Prime is naturally more preferable for me. I really like the silver paint apps on the legs and chest. It's a little unfortunate that the red on the forearms and the red on the rest of the figure doesn't match up like it should. The chrome on the grill in truck mode in pics I had seen beforehand didn't look that bad, so I wasn't worried about it, but fortunately again, it looks much better in person.

That's the leading theory. Wreck-Gar hasn't been confirmed, but Weird Al is confirmed to have a role.

Well if wreck-gar is gonna be in the series, then I'm sure they'll make a toy of him. He can be seen here along with omega sentinal and jazz:

He has, along with Voyager Skywarp. Kickback at tfw2005 said that he expected Thundercracker to be released first, so heres to hoping we see both(I've loved the color schemes of those 2 since my younger years).

My bad, then.

Here's the upc info from Seibertron, TF2006, etc.

0065356932319 700783 TRA ANMTD VY SKYWARP A 02/13/2008 02/13/2008

0065356934195 700659 TRA ANMTD DX SWINDLE A 02/13/2008 02/13/2008

0065356934966 700801 TRA ANMTD VY WRECKGA A 02/13/2008 02/13/2008

0065356934981 700644 TRA ANMTD DX BLURR A 02/13/2008 02/13/2008

0065356934984 700751 TRA ANMTD DX WASPIN A 02/13/2008 02/13/2008

Well it looks like 2 new Binaltechs have been announced.

Binaltech BT-21 Arcee feat. Honda S2000 Hardtop with die-cast parts

Release Date: 17 July 2008

Price: 5250 Yen

Binaltech BT-22 Convoy feat. Dodge Ram with die-cast parts

Release Date: 17 Jul 2008

http://tformers.com/transformers-bt-21-22/9202/news.html

Didn't really bother to upload the pictures, because there's not much to em. I'll have to wait and see on the Convoy though, because Die Cast Parts like the WF Black Convoy would be a nice addition. Somewhat disappointing otherwise... esp. Arcee... <_<

I think the arcee looks ok, but that head mold looks awful. As for optimus or whatever he is the green just rubs me the wrong way :wacko: .

I don't think he's going to be Green... well at least i hope not. I can't explain why the picture shows him as such in truck mode though.

As for the Arcee... yeah that's actually Alt. Decepiticharge's head. The Mold reuse is understandable, making a completely new Binaltech would more than likely be too cost prohibitive at this point. Why TakaraTomy couldn't shell out for at least a new head however is beyond me.

:wacko:

Well it looks like 2 new Binaltechs have been announced.

Binaltech BT-21 Arcee feat. Honda S2000 Hardtop with die-cast parts

Release Date: 17 July 2008

Binaltech BT-22 Convoy feat. Dodge Ram with die-cast parts

Release Date: 17 Jul 2008

http://tformers.com/transformers-bt-21-22/9202/news.html

Didn't really bother to upload the pictures, because there's not much to em. I'll have to wait and see on the Convoy though, because Die Cast Parts like the WF Black Convoy would be a nice addition. Somewhat disappointing otherwise... esp. Arcee... <_<

I'd say good news for me, since I missed Alternators Prime, but ¥5250 is a little steep.

I don't think he's going to be Green... well at least i hope not. I can't explain why the picture shows him as such in truck mode though.

As for the Arcee... yeah that's actually Alt. Decepiticharge's head. The Mold reuse is understandable, making a completely new Binaltech would more than likely be too cost prohibitive at this point. Why TakaraTomy couldn't shell out for at least a new head however is beyond me.

:wacko:

I love BinAlts, but the Convoy mold has always sucked. It's like the engineers got half way and said "eh, good enough". I have said before that without remolding it, it *might* be able to pull off Hoist as long as the green and orange are used appropriately because Hoist's G1 figure and Marvel comic interpretation are almost Prime-ish as seen here at TFU.info. But *that* neon green is not what I had in mind. Although I get the vibe that that's a lucky draw type item, and they're just re-issuing the normal Convoy which, while still crappy, at least has much better paint apps/deco than Alternator Optimus.

As for "Arcee". I pulled out my Decepticharge just to remind myself what he looked like. Ok, the head's not quite as Megatronish as I remember. It looks more like a young Megatron, and it has a sort of RiD Sideburn quality to it. But it *still* looks very much like a guy, and he's definitely grimacing. However, if they're not going to mold a new head, they might be able to pull this off if they change the mouth into either a small smile, or maybe add some lips. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

I wanted BinAlts to come back, but so far, this hasn't been what I had in mind.

I love BinAlts, but the Convoy mold has always sucked. It's like the engineers got half way and said "eh, good enough". I have said before that without remolding it, it *might* be able to pull off Hoist as long as the green and orange are used appropriately because Hoist's G1 figure and Marvel comic interpretation are almost Prime-ish as seen here at TFU.info. But *that* neon green is not what I had in mind. Although I get the vibe that that's a lucky draw type item, and they're just re-issuing the normal Convoy which, while still crappy, at least has much better paint apps/deco than Alternator Optimus.

As for "Arcee". I pulled out my Decepticharge just to remind myself what he looked like. Ok, the head's not quite as Megatronish as I remember. It looks more like a young Megatron, and it has a sort of RiD Sideburn quality to it. But it *still* looks very much like a guy, and he's definitely grimacing. However, if they're not going to mold a new head, they might be able to pull this off if they change the mouth into either a small smile, or maybe add some lips. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

I wanted BinAlts to come back, but so far, this hasn't been what I had in mind.

I've heard Alt Prime isn't one of the better molds, but aside from Classics, Masterpiece, and the Voyager and Deluxe movie toys for the characters actually in the movie, all I've collected is Primes.

Picked up Movie Premium Ironhide and Blackout. These, along with DD Brawl are my first movie toys. I was 'meh' on the whole prospect but picked them up on the recommendation of a friend.

I have to say, I'm very impressed. Solid construction, innovative transformations, decent posability. All in all I'd recommend them for sure, and I have to say I think kids have got to love them.

Also got TFA Ratchet and Blackarachnia in the mail. Two more great figs.

Ratchet is excellent in every way. I wish the 'magnet' gimmick more closely resembled what is on the show but in the real world there are concessions, I understand this.

Only real drawback to Blackarachnia is being able to see her hands in her spider mode. Other than that, her little 'spinner' accessory is an excellent gimmick and it will actually hold her above the ground if you desire to hang her from something.

Grimlock should be here today or tomorrow.

After seeing Pascal's video of Premium Prime I am tempted to buy it. I have Leader Prime, but Premium Prime is tempting nonetheless, due to the new head, paint and especially the sword. The G1 transformation sound is a nice change too. Its too bad there is still no blue LEDs. I have a hard time deciding whether to buy it or not though, if it had more differnt parts and a more substantially different paint job, I would buy it for sure. I have to see it in person. Definitely buying Premium Megatron, as I have yet to purchase a leader Megatron.

Anyone have Payload and Longarm? Would you recommend them?

picked up Movie Premium Ironhide and Blackout. These, along with DD Brawl are my first movie toys. I was 'meh' on the whole prospect but picked them up on the recommendation of a friend.

I have to say, I'm very impressed. Solid construction, innovative transformations, decent posability. All in all I'd recommend them for sure, and I have to say I think kids have got to love them.

I think you'd like Starscream, Ratchet and Leader Prime. Very durable, great articulation, very stable, and pleasant transformations. I think you will find the transformations on Starscream and leader Prime especially, more innovative than Ironhide and Blackout. Blackout needs more solid connections, and Ironhide needed a more secure way of latching his doors in robot mode. Ratchet is as durable as a brick yet moves very well for a large figure. Of the voyagers, he and Starscream are the largest in robot mode. Leader Prime is awesome, the main thing I find questionable are the protrusions on the back of his knees, which prevent the knees from bending all the way(right now he can bend the knees, but not to 90 degrees).

So you any of you guys gonna pick up BT-21 and BT-22?

I've preordered BT-19 and 20...I'm a bit disappointed though of Takara using the same molds with a different paint scheme. I thought I was in the clear and was proud of my BT collection after BT-16.

Next thing I know, there was the BT-17...then BT-18....WTH?

Now I'm just buying to collect these suckers. I'm not even gonna open them. Sheeesh.

I've really stopped reading about anything TF since Animated started.

Has there been any news about the next MP? That's all I care about anymore.

Wars and rumors of wars, no specific 'real' information that I know of.

There was some speculation that the next MP will be Grimlock.

I just watched my first episode of Animated- Back to Nature or whatever...with the bio..err...oh -that monster thing...

Ok - definietely better than the Armada-Cybertron-Energon crud...

But generally ...umm...well er...yeah... it's definitely...err....kid oriented...

very kid oriented.

VFTF1

I just watched my first episode of Animated- Back to Nature or whatever...with the bio..err...oh -that monster thing...

Ok - definietely better than the Armada-Cybertron-Energon crud...

But generally ...umm...well er...yeah... it's definitely...err....kid oriented...

very kid oriented.

VFTF1

FWIW, "Nature Calls" was one of the worst two eps so far.

If you can get your hands on "Sound and Fury" or "Thrill of the Hunt" they are significantly better.

Definitely kid oriented as you said though...

"Megatron Rising" part 1 was great, just saw it. Prime has a hard time trying to lead, the Decepticons mobilize, the Decepticons show more team work than the autobots, a unity vs the disarray amongst the autobot ranks. It doesn't seem like the dinobots will be much help(though you can already tell they will probably be the deus ex machina in the next episode and slowly learn to trust Prime in season 2).

Megatron's earth mode looks awesome. Can't wait for the toy!

Finally managed to get myself a leader class Brawl. The sound gimmick is busted on the hip cannon but that's ok I didn't like the gimmicks that much anyway. (would rather they spend the money on paint)

Problem:

feet are so chunky that when trying to do an A stance, they sit at odd angles and the figure ends up doing the splits. They need to have a mechanism that allows you to extend the ankle and then allow the feet some more clearance to rotate at more angles so you can have them sit flat when trying other poses with the legs.

But apart from that I like this character. Lots of weapons, fugly face which I suppose suits the character, and the increasd detail at this size really helps since he is a tank. (deluxe is still ok though) Also took a while for him to die in the movie too.

I probably wouldn't have bought the deluxe version if I could find this guy first.

Yeah that is a pain in the butt.

I only leave him in one pose in robot mode though. He stands near the konig monster pretending to be a destroid.

The other strange thing about the leader brawl is that sometimes the light and sound gimmicks work only when you position the gun a certain angle. Must be loose wires? Anyone else have this problem? The sound gimmick for the cannon which I thought wasn't working, now seems to be ok when you fiddle around with it and leave it pointing straight rather than angled up.

Also I like the deluxe green over the leader class green. But apart from that if you can only get one version of him get the leader class. Just the overall detail and weapons are better on the bigger version. And the transformation is better. (arms behind treads rather than inside the turret)

I think it should be standard that any robot with chunky feet needs to have an extendable ankle so he can do proper A-stance when the feet have to be set flat on the ground.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Bring on the Autobot jets. That looks great.

So is Universe pretty much the Classics 2.0 now or what? That's the feel I'm getting, the first Universe stuff was crappy. This seems to be melding itself into Classics, despite the name.

They're reusing an established brand name because the Universe franchise allows Hasbro to do any sort of toy as circumstances require. For example, right now they're doing Classics toys with real-world based vehicle modes (as a carry-over from the Movie line) while the Animated line is the main line.

If circumstances require it, they can then also do something else later simply to provide different product to whatever is in the mainline.