Transformer Super Thread 6

And that mold's guns keep falling off.

Mine have yet to fall off. The paint job could be better, I don't mind the blue paint but the clear blue plastic on the guns is too bright. The thing that I hate is the inconsistent weathering. One panel weathered, the one next to it clean. I planned to weather mine anyways so everything will look more consistent after I am done.

Is it just me, or did the people making the TF Animated cartoons forget that the Decepticons were the enemies? It seems that every other episode is "Autobots vs. some pissed off human" and the other episodes don't have enough Decepticons in them. This series started off really good, but I'm losing interest with all this "human enemy" crap.

Is it just me, or did the people making the TF Animated cartoons forget that the Decepticons were the enemies? It seems that every other episode is "Autobots vs. some pissed off human" and the other episodes don't have enough Decepticons in them. This series started off really good, but I'm losing interest with all this "human enemy" crap.

IIRC, the synopsis before we even saw the first episode was that the Decepticons wouldn't be around much, and that there'd be human foes, some "super". Given how they've introduced and portrayed the Decepticons as far stronger and powerful than the Autobots, I can see why we don't see them much. There wouldn't be much of a city/earth left, nor Autobots to fight. It's already been established in the Lugnut and Blitzwing episode that the Autobots want to leave Earth as soon as possible and are now in the process of slowly repairing their ship with Sari's key because they know the Decepticons know they're there and fear the carnage that'll ensue once they arrive. I looked at the upcoming episode names on wiki, and it sounds like we'll be seeing more Decepticon activity as we go along.

Personally, I'm really happy with the series so far. Yes, it's geared towards kids, but unlike the AEC crapfest, I don't feel like it's a brutal assault on my intelligence. It's actually fun, and I'm really surprised there's an ongoing thought out story arc. I mean, they had actual art and an Airplane reference in this last episode. I can't help but love it for that. :)

The main thing I don't like in Animated right now aside from Bumblebee's annoying personality and Bulkhead saying "my bad", is the soundtrack. It doesn't fit.

Judging from the titles, I have a feeling season 1 will have a huge cliffhanger and the Autobots will be utterly wrecked. Its a 2 parter with Megatron utilizing his earth mode body.

Got Animated Deluxe Prime and Bumblebee today. Very nice figs.

I've not got Megs, SS, Bulkhead and those two. Voyager Prime is on the way, along with Prowl, Lockdown, Ratchet and Blackarachnia. Can't wait to have them in hand...

He's definitely mistransformed.

I got Animated Cybertron mode Megatron and Starscream in the mail today.

Holy crap are these awesome figs.

Full of win.

^_^

I saw a local shop selling these and they DO look awesome. But a question though....my friend told me those are not officially released yet or something and the shop are sellling "unauthothorised" productions. Is it true?

I saw a local shop selling these and they DO look awesome. But a question though....my friend told me those are not officially released yet or something and the shop are sellling "unauthothorised" productions. Is it true?

I heard a rumor...and just that, an unsubstantiated rumor...that the toys are being "leaked" early by Hasbro. Collectors will get their fix early on, through Ebay, secondary markets, and "unauthorized" sale of these toys in the store.

If this rumor is true, it means that Hasbro doesn't want a repeat of TFTM07, where Little Timmy and Little Suzie walk into Toys R' Us after seeing the movie, totally thrilled to get a Bumblebee, and crying that all they found were those stupid 3" Titaniums. If the collectors get their toys early on, then Little Timmy and Little Suzie will be able to get the toys they just saw on TV. Everyone wins. Except the scalpers, I guess.

If this rumor is true, it means that Hasbro doesn't want a repeat of TFTM07, where Little Timmy and Little Suzie walk into Toys R' Us after seeing the movie, totally thrilled to get a Bumblebee, and crying that all they found were those stupid 3" Titaniums.

On a semi-related note, HasbroToyShop.com has both of the regular deco movie BumbleBees in stock. I've been frustrated(I understand Little Timmy's pain :) ) that I never saw a normal 2007 Bee in stores, and fortunate for me, I found the stock at HTS totally by accident and for a normal price no less.

I've been frustrated(I understand Little Timmy's pain :) ) that I never saw a normal 2007 Bee in stores, and fortunate for me, I found the stock at HTS totally by accident and for a normal price no less.

BB's popping up all over the place now here. I've seen one at least the past 8 times we've been out and about. He doesn't stay on the shelves for very long though. Glad I got one for me and one for the kid way back when.

I still don't get the glut of movie toys after even the extra pushes with the DVD release and Christmas are mere memories when the first season of Animated is nearly done, and the Animated toys won't officially hit shelves until June.

Spectacular Spider-Man toys are out, I see. And that's only been on for two weeks.

IIRC, the synopsis before we even saw the first episode was that the Decepticons wouldn't be around much, and that there'd be human foes, some "super". Given how they've introduced and portrayed the Decepticons as far stronger and powerful than the Autobots, I can see why we don't see them much. There wouldn't be much of a city/earth left, nor Autobots to fight. It's already been established in the Lugnut and Blitzwing episode that the Autobots want to leave Earth as soon as possible and are now in the process of slowly repairing their ship with Sari's key because they know the Decepticons know they're there and fear the carnage that'll ensue once they arrive. I looked at the upcoming episode names on wiki, and it sounds like we'll be seeing more Decepticon activity as we go along.

Personally, I'm really happy with the series so far. Yes, it's geared towards kids, but unlike the AEC crapfest, I don't feel like it's a brutal assault on my intelligence. It's actually fun, and I'm really surprised there's an ongoing thought out story arc. I mean, they had actual art and an Airplane reference in this last episode. I can't help but love it for that.

Yes I agree. Thought out story arcs is what keeps me interested in the long term. In the first episode it is obvious the autobots have won and the decepticons are the losers. So it makes sense that they introduce the decepticons a little bit at a time rather than have them slaughter the autobot noobs in a concentrated attack. (with the exception of ratchet who old) It is as if we are slowly witnessing a revolution. Starscream is taking control, megatron is helpless, and the team is disbanded so there is no organisation within the decepticon team for them to be much of a threat right now. (you need to co-ordinate the attacks and have a leader to give the commands. So far all they can do is fight amongst themselves which allows autobots to easily team up and beat them. I sense there will be a turn-around and once they get organised again the superior firepower of the decepticons will become too much - there is already hint of that in the Blitzwing and Lugnut episode where the Autobots had to rely on the underwater ship's canon to even the odds due to being overpowered, not to mention the starscream episode where it looked like SS was actually having lots of fun playing around with them)

Once the autobots have to face greater threats from the decepticons (that is they fight as a team with a leader that knows what he is doing) it will be up to prime's leadership abilities to save them. Give out the right orders, split missions up into smaller tasks and hand out the tasks to the team members so they all have something useful to do etc. (as opposed to whole episodes with no appearance of a character because they wouldn't have anything useful to do)

This cartoon is actually good for people who like to get to know each character, similar to beast wars where the small team allowed for more depth per person. You can feel it is building up to something. They do for example take care to give us backstories for the characters so that we understand them better which is a good thing. (none of the problems of characters just being lost in the background like in g1 where groups of them are involved)

I don't really like the voice of bumblebee much, (I'm reminded of jar jar binks mixed with the black guy from Rush Hour :p) but for me he is like a combination of blur, (high pitched, hyperactive guy, goes faster than his skills can control) hotrod, (youngest, most reckless, and impulsive of the group) and rattrap. (always questioning dangerous situations because he wants to get out of the task, unlike bumbelbee from g1 who is eager to be involved and help)

Humor is just right. It's not overly kiddy! This is the right balance needed to keep older fans of TF interested. All they need to do now to make it just right is maybe in the future don't rely on the stylised exaggerated proportions so much. A cartoon that looks like TF: The Animated Movie, (so we get classic-styled, terrestrial-themed toys of proper vehicles we can identify with) the story of TF:A, (slow build up of characters instead of having them all at once) and the writing of beast wars. (more layers of character depth than we typically expect from kids shows that allows for interesting twists)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Four new SWTF molds coming. I hope the other two are OT molds.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=10982

------

JI: Can you tell us what new Transformers/Star Wars sculpts we might see for this year?

Hasbro: Four all-new sculpts are planned for later this Fall. We are going to be revealing all of them (and possibly more) at Comic Con, but we'll give you a little taste of our September waveGrievous/Grievous Starfighter, and TIE Pilot/TIE Bomber.: General

Got Energon Jetfire from eBay today ... he's a disappointing mold. I knew the shuttle mode was kind of hokey, but had thought the robot mode would be the better of the two. Now I know better. He's not too poseable and feels really bulky.

:(

Waiting for my RID car brothers to arrive soon ...

Got Energon Jetfire from eBay today ... he's a disappointing mold. I knew the shuttle mode was kind of hokey, but had thought the robot mode would be the better of the two. Now I know better. He's not too poseable and feels really bulky

He is dissapointing. I bought Armada Jetfire and Energon, and thought the Energon one would be better. Later on I realized how wrong I was. The Energon one has a Silpheed-esque alt mode and better leg articulation, but the Armada one has a better looking robot and shuttle mode and does not compromise as much for the sake of combining. Honestly the best Jetfires to me after G1 were the G2 Cyberjet and Classics.

Got Energon Jetfire from eBay today ... he's a disappointing mold. I knew the shuttle mode was kind of hokey, but had thought the robot mode would be the better of the two. Now I know better. He's not too poseable and feels really bulky.

I remember reading that there's an easy mod that you can do to E.Jetfire so he can turn his head, but I don't remember what it was. I never owned the mold.

ALERT - HasbroToyShop.com has the entire 1st wave of ANIMATED figures up for preorder NOW!

I just ordered the whole lot, if only for the FREE shipping and 10% off (use coupon code SPRCAT8)! NO store will have them at that good a deal for a long time, if ever. I just saved myself a ton of money on gas/shipping (for those harder to find ones)/retail price/tax/etc. I'm surprised that some of the guys at tfw2005 are actually complaining about this, a BARGAIN! If you're going to wait until the street date anyway, this is a no brainer.

Go now before these sell out! And don't forget the coupon.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults...DT=1206370471Go

More patient than the TFW members... I've taken a break from checking anything there besides For Sale stuff and for new Animated eps... they complain too much about everything...

I'm surprised just how many people over there have bit the bullet and ordered every Animated figure available from HK sellers who already have the toys. Typically a few people will do that, but this is the first time I've seen so many fans buy so many pre-market toys. I bought Bulkhead from a seller in Taiwan but there's no way I'd buy any more until they hit. Waiting longer than we should have to sucks, but whadda ya do?

<shrug> So? I'm still saving tons on gas, tax, etc. Am I just more patient than most?

Actually I was referring to why they were complaining, and most of the complaints do stem from the release date not being any sooner(most of them thought it was tomorrow).

I'm surprised just how many people over there have bit the bullet and ordered every Animated figure available from HK sellers who already have the toys. Typically a few people will do that, but this is the first time I've seen so many fans buy so many pre-market toys. I bought Bulkhead from a seller in Taiwan but there's no way I'd buy any more until they hit. Waiting longer than we should have to sucks, but whadda ya do

Same here. Honestly I am impatient and hate waiting, but I decided to wait, to see if there are differences. Sometimes remolds and fixes are done on the final production toys and are not on the test shots, dealer samples and whatever ends up on ebay. I figured that it can't hurt to wait, it will give me time to save up since there is already a lot of stuff now that I am interested in(anniversary joes, DCUC wave 2, Mattel's Speed Racer, Star Wars, ML, et al).

I thought the Overcast/Energon Ironhide (green version) combo looked pretty good...