Transformer Super Thread 6

anyone who might want to use this 20% off tru coupon, it is due today. it can be used for other stuff besides transformers although i didn't see anything good the last time i was there.

post-2880-1187449165_thumb.gif

i read on tf boards that takara's next g1 reissue is sky lynx. if it is true i'm not sure i will get it but it will mean that more g1 reissues will come out.

I really want reissues of the big TF's. Omega Supreme, Trypticon etc. Now, Trypticon had a release in the 90's with a few mold changes, but none of his all-important accessories. It could be that they're gone, but probably Takara was just cheap---as the Seacon release then also omitted all the individual weapons etc, but the Universe reissue will include them.

I really want reissues of the big TF's. Omega Supreme, Trypticon etc. Now, Trypticon had a release in the 90's with a few mold changes, but none of his all-important accessories. It could be that they're gone, but probably Takara was just cheap---as the Seacon release then also omitted all the individual weapons etc, but the Universe reissue will include them.

If they reissued all the big TFormers in the next year I'd have to cry, as I just shelled out a massive amount of money to obtain most of the big ones MIB. :wacko:

AFAIK, motors rarely die on Trypticon, but the connection/gears often do. Omega Supreme has motor failure.

Anyways---I rented the TF movie game for the weekend, and find it odd that every menu/command/screen/instruction book page uses the term "convert". "Press Y to convert to/from robot mode" "Try to convert between forms if you get stuck". Are they just stupid, or is there some reason they specifically don't use the term TRANSFORM? I mean, not using the term that is the very definition of what they are and they are named for...

AFAIK, motors rarely die on Trypticon, but the connection/gears often do. Omega Supreme has motor failure.

Anyways---I rented the TF movie game for the weekend, and find it odd that every menu/command/screen/instruction book page uses the term "convert". "Press Y to convert to/from robot mode" "Try to convert between forms if you get stuck". Are they just stupid, or is there some reason they specifically don't use the term TRANSFORM? I mean, not using the term that is the very definition of what they are and they are named for...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.... the TF;Game was utter crap. For shame!!!

The camera was crap, the controls were crap, and ur 'bot has to have their feet on the ground plane for them to transform - so no jumping off a building or jumping into the air and trying to transform - oh no. Which is a real shame, especially when u play starscream.

You can smash thru brick walls, cars, metal fences, destroy anything almost - BUT DON"T HIT A STATIC 2-PLANE MISC TREE! OH NO - cause that'll stop u right in ur tracks. Repetitive missions, crappy controls, restrictive and linear play thru.

So let down by what could've been an awesome game. On the whole, a HUGE waste of money - so ultimately i took the game back and got my money back!

But Barricade, Jazz and Blackout were kinda fun to play, for a while.

Sigh...

BUT DON"T HIT A STATIC 2-PLANE MISC TREE! OH NO - cause that'll stop u right in ur tracks.

Hahaha, that reminds me of the first game of the Need for Speed series on the PS1. You could bounce off of buildings and any other hard structural item, but you'd stop dead in your tracks if you hit s bush or a tree.

News flash:

Some target stores are not expecting restocks of scout, deluxe, voyager and leader assortments till October.

link here

I think the ones around here started following that policy about a month ago. The Transformer area is just a sea of pegs and a desert of dusty, barren shelves.

I think the ones around here started following that policy about a month ago. The Transformer area is just a sea of pegs and a desert of dusty, barren shelves.

FAWK. That sucks.

<_<

Edited by Vermillion21

News flash:

Some target stores are not expecting restocks of scout, deluxe, voyager and leader assortments till October.

link here

Well, at least it's a manufacturer issue. Not just retailers consistently under-ordering.

That's... not exactly good, but it's better than it could be.

Well, at least it's a manufacturer issue. Not just retailers consistently under-ordering.

Yeah, it's also scalper paradise on eBay ...

<_<

Edited by Vermillion21

I'm just hoping scalpers don't drive me away from TF toys like they drove me away from Star Wars. Star Wars figures got to the point, and still are, where it's virtually impossible to be a casual collector. You can't see a figure you happen to like on the internet and go out and find it somewhere without a massive search effort. And even then you probably won't find it. Luckily there have only been a small handful of SW figures I've wanted over the past few years, but I've had to order them all online.

Transformers up until the movie was the one major retail toy line that I could pretty much always find what I wanted without having to spend months searching, although there were a few exceptions, like the later Titanium 6" figures and some of the Hasbro reissues.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but you can get Leader Class Optimus from Costco (special boxed with mini jazz & bumblebee) for $35. They have it on a 4 foot round display at my local costco, i have pictures but i'm too lazy to load them.

haha maybe they use the word convert and not transform because they are based off of the convertors toys and not transformers j/k

Edited by sh002

Would there ever be the possibility of re-issues for such large TFs with motors such as Omega Supreme and Trypticon? How about just large ones like Fortress Maximus or Metroplex? I'd like Omega Supreme since he was just one heck of a display piece in robot or tank/shuttle mode.

Retailers might still have something to do with it, Walmart did underestimate sales on the toys, and in accordance, may have not ordered as many toys, which results in Hasbro having to play catch up. Thats just my opinion though.

I'm just hoping scalpers don't drive me away from TF toys like they drove me away from Star Wars. Star Wars figures got to the point, and still are, where it's virtually impossible to be a casual collector. You can't see a figure you happen to like on the internet and go out and find it somewhere without a massive search effort. And even then you probably won't find it. Luckily there have only been a small handful of SW figures I've wanted over the past few years, but I've had to order them all online.

I doubt it will get like that for TF. SW has a much bigger franchise and fanbase. Unlike SW, TF has not had many consistently hard to find figures each year. I think the fact that SW figures cost less has something to do with it too. Also, before the movie, the figures were not hard to find for TF. Once Hasbro catches up I predict it won't be too hard to find the figures. I don't know the future but I hope the toys are easier to find. For what I know, its never gotten as bad as star wars though. I do agree that SW figures are hard to find, especially the Scorch and McBoba. Actually, the Mcquarrie figures aside Chewie are all hard to find and are still packed 1 per case.

I just picked up the TF Movie repaint Thundercracker at Wal-Mart in southern california. I have attached 2 pics as proof.

Also saw the Rescue Ratchet voyager - but passed on him.

Still no TF Movie Deluxes at all.

Good luck hunting.

:)

post-3878-1187638210_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1187638217_thumb.jpg

I should note that, if true, the reissue of Sky Lynx is an extremely... odd business decision. One of their last oddball reissues, Star Convoy, was a poor seller that was eventually clearanced for 2000 yen in japanese stores.

Would there ever be the possibility of re-issues for such large TFs with motors such as Omega Supreme and Trypticon? How about just large ones like Fortress Maximus or Metroplex? I'd like Omega Supreme since he was just one heck of a display piece in robot or tank/shuttle mode.
Not sure about Omega Supreme, but anything's possible.

I believe Takara still has the Trypticon tooling, as they last released it (albiet slightly retooled and missing most of his parts) as Gigastorm in the 1998 Beast Wars II toyline, and it was produced again for their South Korean partner Sonokong in the early 2000s. Takara still has the Fortress Maximus tooling, but it highly unlikely to reissue it, given that Brave Maximus didn't do very well and they tried to get rid of excess stock as Robot Masters competition prizes.

Back in 2002-2003, Hasbro reported that they investigated Metroplex as a possible alternative to Fortress Maximus, but discovered that the smaller city failed drop tests as well, so presumably, the Metroplex tooling is in reasonable condition.

I actually think Wreckage is the best looking deluxe out of the bunch. Unfortunately he got no screen time in the movie at all, and the colors they selected for the toy is bit odd (even though red, white and grey is one of my favorite colors combo). Too bad the scale is totally off, way too small for a tank, and I just want to focus on Leader size. Soooo close picking up one of these. But even he is nowhere to be found now.

Feel like Hasbro is hurting its sales with the sucky distribution. Rather than riding the hype of the movie(start dying down now) and keep the toys available, they are gone everywhere when people want to buy them the most (right after seeing the movie). Not a lot of kids/parents will drive around and check the stores from time to time just to see if things get restock or new waves have arrived, especially when there are no specific dates on the releases or restock.

Wreckage was originally a movie concept character that was dropped early on. Hasbro picked up and elaborated the design further into a toy (same goes for Arcee, though she got much farther down the design track). Wreckage's scale is bad, but not too horrible. He's a Stryker ICV, a variant based off the Mowag Pirahna LAVs, so they're not exceptionally large vehicles.

Distribution is a 2 way street. Blame retailers for understocking Transformers toys.

I found the leader Brawl at Target in Dublin, CA. I also saw the deluxe trucks and new jet. No sign of 08 BB, Arcee or Ultimate BB.

Brawl looks good. I left the store with him even though I previously had no plans to pick it up. I haven't opened it yet so I can't say much. The missile launchers glow green and the main barrel glows red. The sounds are nice combat sounds (cannon, slow automatic weapon and a missile). The head rising enhanced automorph is much faster than on Prime. I really prefer the slower mechanism.

It's my birthday, and they only make movie Prime stuff for decorations, so I had to make my own Decepticon cake. Turned out decently. I spent a while cutting out the stencil, but the "cake spray color" was very transparent and ran horribly. (it's basically food color and alcohol in a can). Best I could do, as despite using fairly thin paper, it wouldn't conform quite right to the slightly domed cake surface. (Also, the eyes etc had to be separate pieces).