Transformer Super Thread 6

anyone know of any sites or forums that have side by side comparisons of the Wal Mart Starscream vs. the Takara Tomy U.S. version?

i'd like to know just how different they are

according to Tfsource it has additional weathering from the US version, as well as a Decepticon insignia on the nosecone, but I'd like to see them side by side

Edited by chowyunskinny

anyone know of any sites or forums that have side by side comparisons of the Wal Mart Starscream vs. the Takara Tomy U.S. version?

i'd like to know just how different they are

according to Tfsource it has additional weathering from the US version, as well as a Decepticon insignia on the nosecone, but I'd like to see them side by side

The "weathering" varied from toy to toy as I guess it's applied by hand airbrushing. The Japanese release has the Decepticon faction symbol on it and apparently has the slightly longer tips on the tail fins. The shots of the Japanese release I have seen appear to have less weathering.

There is a small comparison shot on the last image on the first page of this thread.

That Leader Bulkhead is pretty much the most enticing TF I've seen in ages. Is it true that it's going to be a Headmaster? That would be just unbelievably cool. My only concerns are that I hope the sawblade in his hand is removabl/retractable and I hope the arm cannons can be removed, but those aren't things that would prevent me from buying him.

Well I really like LC Bulkhead, so he'll be a get! I'll pass on Rollout and Command whatever Prime..they detail just isn't there and he looks far too chunky of a toy with features I'll never use. Although the "Spin transformation" they said he does is rather interesting...but yeah just not my kind of toy. I'll stick with Voyager for Prime.

I noticed the Headmaster thing too... I've only finally started really getting into the later run G1 stuff and never really 'got' Headmasters and the other -Masters before now (basically, before getting God Ginrai and a Maximus fig), but seeing new HMs would be amazing!

I noticed the Headmaster thing too... I've only finally started really getting into the later run G1 stuff and never really 'got' Headmasters and the other -Masters before now (basically, before getting God Ginrai and a Maximus fig), but seeing new HMs would be amazing!

I'm not a huge fan of the G1 Headmasters toys (although they were my favorite when I was a kid) but I've always liked the gimmick. I've wanted Hasbro to bring out new Headmasters for a long time now. The newer Omega Supreme (Energon line?) was one of course, but I didn't care for that toy.

Edited by eriku

I've yet to own a HM toy, as I'm not a huge fan of most of them, but I have been on the prowl for a Hardhead lately for some reason (I only really like the larger HMs with the good posable Head figs... the later smaller ones have cheesier head figures.)

Close but not quite---the point of the cut-out in the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizers.

Any time you have a sharp zig-zag on the edge like that on a plane, the point is called a dogtooth. Go look at a Super Hornet's or F-4's wing for more.

I wish they'd put his engines on his back in bot mode. His fiery man-boobs just ruin the fig for me.

On the other hand, his legs look cool in bot mode, but disrupt the smoothness of the alt's forward fuselage.

this is bob, bob had bitch tits.

Gigantic Universe Classics stock photos. Beware slow connections, Wizard forgot to upload thumnails (at time of writing), so every image is full size.

Also, remember these are hand-painted prototypes, so Sunstreaker, Prowl and Octane will presumably have transparent windows like their resin prototypes. I recall somebody being dissapointed about Octane's gold windows a couple of weeks back.

That Leader Bulkhead is pretty much the most enticing TF I've seen in ages. Is it true that it's going to be a Headmaster? That would be just unbelievably cool. My only concerns are that I hope the sawblade in his hand is removabl/retractable and I hope the arm cannons can be removed, but those aren't things that would prevent me from buying him.
Headmaster is a human villian who has not appeared yet, not the Headmaster gimmick (at least as far as we know). He will be involved with Bulkhead somehow.

The Classics photos look great, but am I the only one to find it funny that the only mis-transformed fig now is the old fig repaint? :lol: What's up with the two repaints at the end? Is that Blaster and someone else? I'm not huge fans of either of those molds...

I definitely want the new animated line. Also i know i am late but i finally got the Movie Leader class optimus prime. It is the nightwatch version but still really cool. I want the premium version too for the right colors and the kickass sword. I like bots with swords. I really like the organic look of it although i wasn't the biggest fan at first. The movie has influenced me a lot. I have now a voyager Ironhide and have been debating the megatron one but that is my least favorite design. I would like to hear your opinions on it. I also finally have a masterpiece megatron on the way and a military Garland. It has been so long since i bought i toy i was going through withdrawals, but i am satisfied now until the YF-21 makes its debut.

Cybertron Soundwave repainted as Blaster = not a good toy.

I wasn't fond of that mold when it was Soundwave...

I don't have permission to see Galvatron.

I can get the tank picture to load, but not the robot. :(

Don't know if this is against the posting rules or not. Pull it if it is.

Edit: finally loaded. they must be stretched thin on their bandwidth.

post-4708-1203207465_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1203207538_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpha OTS

Update on Leader class Bulkhead - he talks and comes with a figure of The Headmaster. When you plug him onto Bulkhead's noggin, Headmaster yells out 'OWNAGE TOTAL OWNAGE!'

I definitely want the new animated line. Also i know i am late but i finally got the Movie Leader class optimus prime. It is the nightwatch version but still really cool. I want the premium version too for the right colors and the kickass sword. I like bots with swords. I really like the organic look of it although i wasn't the biggest fan at first. The movie has influenced me a lot. I have now a voyager Ironhide and have been debating the megatron one but that is my least favorite design. I would like to hear your opinions on it. I also finally have a masterpiece megatron on the way and a military Garland. It has been so long since i bought i toy i was going through withdrawals, but i am satisfied now until the YF-21 makes its debut.
Leader Megs is alright, but nothing you can't live without. If you get one, wait for the Premium version with all the paint and stuff.

Besides, one thing to consider with Movie toys is the sequel is out in 2009, so we'll be replacing returning characters with new toys anyway, with a hopefully better looking megatron design :)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

HUGE restock at Wal-Mart today. I haven't seen this many TF's since the June movie toy launch. A dozen Voyager Starscreams, first '76 BB in months, first Concept BB in months (and only the 2nd through 4th I've ever seen), regular Jazz, etc. Both sizes of Megs. No Prime , Barricade, or regular Ironhide.

Repaints: the Dreadwing repaints, Night/Stealth/whatever Ironhide Jungle Bonecrusher (looks MUCH better in person), Desert Leader Brawl (looks MUCH worse in person), Swindle repaint.

Plus all the new Deluxes---S7 SUV, Dunebuggy, etc.

I can get the tank picture to load, but not the robot. :(

Don't know if this is against the posting rules or not. Pull it if it is.

Edit: finally loaded. they must be stretched thin on their bandwidth.

Thanks!

Now, to go and change my pants, which I peed in with delight. Galvatron just became my new favorite Classics 2.0.

Thanks!

Now, to go and change my pants, which I peed in with delight. Galvatron just became my new favorite Classics 2.0.

I'm not sure what to think of him being in deluxe scale just yet. I wonder what he'll look like next to the Titanium movie figures(Scourge, Rodimus, Magnus). He'll definitely look a lot better with that missile taken out of his cannon, that's for sure! Now what we need is a Cyclonus update.

If Walmart's restocking some of the regular figures, I'm going to have to start to try and track down a normal concept BB. The one I have is the battle damaged one, which while nice, isn't the one I wanted.

I'm not sure what to think of him being in deluxe scale just yet. I wonder what he'll look like next to the Titanium movie figures(Scourge, Rodimus, Magnus). He'll definitely look a lot better with that missile taken out of his cannon, that's for sure! Now what we need is a Cyclonus update.

If Walmart's restocking some of the regular figures, I'm going to have to start to try and track down a normal concept BB. The one I have is the battle damaged one, which while nice, isn't the one I wanted.

Mirage was a Deluxe, and he's probably one of my favorite Transformers.

Sure, a Voyager Galvatron would be better, but I don't think a Deluxe scales too poorly with the other Classics, since most of them have been Deluxes. Really, only Prime, Jetfire, and Megatron would be bigger from the first line, and from the Universe Classics 2.0, well... I think an Ultra Powerglide breaks the scale anyway.

I love the new Powerglide figure. I for one reckon it will be awesome.

The only thing I hate is the repaints from the Galaxy Force line. Just plain laziness on their part. There is a huge difference you can see in trying to be imaginary and paying subtle tributes to real life vehicles.

Mirage was a Deluxe, and he's probably one of my favorite Transformers.

Sure, a Voyager Galvatron would be better, but I don't think a Deluxe scales too poorly with the other Classics, since most of them have been Deluxes. Really, only Prime, Jetfire, and Megatron would be bigger from the first line, and from the Universe Classics 2.0, well... I think an Ultra Powerglide breaks the scale anyway.

You're probably right. I just looked at Classics Starscream and he's pretty much in perfect scale with the Titaniums. Galvatron already looks kind of tall and bulky too for a deluxe which'll help.

The new Transformers Crossover Marvel figures look impressive!

The Hulk

Iron Man

I love the new Powerglide figure. I for one reckon it will be awesome.

The only thing I hate is the repaints from the Galaxy Force line. Just plain laziness on their part. There is a huge difference you can see in trying to be imaginary and paying subtle tributes to real life vehicles.

There isn't that much a difference in Classics and Cybertron, aside from the lack of a line-wide key gimmick. I think people elevate Classics/Classics Universe into some kind of unique position because it's new G1. Classics, being designed as filler between Cybertron and the Movie, incorporates much of Cybertron's design asthetic and styling. About a quarter Cybertron toys are heavy G1 homages or new designs with realistic genericised vehicle modes. That's why the more conservatively-styled or more traditional-looking Cybertron toys fit in so well with Classics and Classics Universe.

Of course, Cybertron Soundwave and Quickmix aren't the best examples since they're both Cybertronic vehicles (in Soundwave/Blaster's case an alien fighter based on the Have Blue).

I want them to redeco the Ultra Class Cybertron Defense Red Alert into Perceptor, goddammit.