Transformer Super Thread 6

Thanks for the mini Cooper robot link Tober!

:)

As for Alternator repaints, I'm hoping we get a repaint Blue Frenzy of Alternator Rumble at SDCC this year.

:rolleyes:

And discussing Alternators made me decide to play around with my Alternators Nemesis Prime. I've had it in robot mode since I initially got it last year, now when I tried to transform it back to truck mode, I can't quite seem to get the front cab section to fit snugly. Seems loose and ajar ... has it happened to anyone? or am I a moron and just can't transform it back properly??

:huh:

Either way, maybe only Takara Tomy is reviving their Binaltech line, and maybe Hasbro's not going to bother. But if Hasbro IS going to bother, be it now or at some other point, I'm just saying they're going to need something more exciting than another blue WRX to get me interested.

Yeah, the plain blue WRX is underwhelming. At one point I was really hoping Supras, NSXs, and Skylines would somehow make their way in the Binaltech line.

And discussing Alternators made me decide to play around with my Alternators Nemesis Prime. I've had it in robot mode since I initially got it last year, now when I tried to transform it back to truck mode, I can't quite seem to get the front cab section to fit snugly. Seems loose and ajar ... has it happened to anyone? or am I a moron and just can't transform it back properly??

I had the same trouble. Do the fenders seem off kilter? I had to push down hard on the shoulders when they had to be folded inwards until they were fully flat.

Isn't that WRX 5 years old now?

Here's hoping. I've been anticipating one since those prototype shots of BT-09 (Swindle) surfaced with an Autobot symbol clearly planted on the hood way back when. Not to mention the dead on accuracy of the head. <_<
Several factors one has to consider, though:

Indeed, Swindle was originally going to be Trailbreaker, but since Hasbro could not trademark the name 'Trailbreaker' (and still can't for toys), they changed the name and deco to Swindle, and Takara followed suit.

TakaraTomy is playing it fairly safe these days, given most of the reissues and now the BTs are themed around the 2007 Movie. For Trailbreaker to be made, it likely depends on how popular the character is. I guess the same goes for Japanese Classics seeker repaints, as Starscream is much more popular there than Thundercracker and Skywarp, which might explain why only Hasbro reissued the other seekers during the 'book-type' reissue era.

I'd say something like "fair enough" and shift my ire toward Takara, if it weren't for the fact that that still left us with all those repaints prior to these two.

Or I'll just say they're both guilty of rampant repaints.

Either way, maybe only Takara Tomy is reviving their Binaltech line, and maybe Hasbro's not going to bother. But if Hasbro IS going to bother, be it now or at some other point, I'm just saying they're going to need something more exciting than another blue WRX to get me interested.

Like a red Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Cliffjumper. Or a Dodge Charger Gears.

Yeah, I don't think Hasbro has much to do with these. *Apparently* they said at Botcon that they no longer have the licenses to use the cars, anyway. Evidently TakaraTomy renewed them. Hasbro also said the line was very costly, as they spent over a million dollars developing it. TakaraTomy seems leery on doing anything significant in Transformers on their own these days, so I don't think they'll be spending the money that is needed to restart Binaltech with new toolings, unless Hasbro and their fat wallets are involved.

... I haven't even seen the Walmart exclusive Starscream at all...

I don't think that's been released yet. I've only read that the Deluxe Cybertron repaints (under the AllSpark line): Big Daddy, Grindcore, Divebomb, & Jolt were released recently.

And yeah, I am hunting for them too ...

Edited by Vermillion21

I don't think that's been released yet. I've only read that the Deluxe Cybertron repaints (under the AllSpark line): Big Daddy, Grindcore, Divebomb, & Jolt were released recently.

And yeah, I am hunting for them too ...

Is there a different Wal-Mart exclusive Starscream than MP Starscream? 'Cause I thought he meant MP Starscream, and that started turning up in stores in like November.

Speaking of, I decided to re-pose some of the Transformers on my desk. While I was moving him, Wal-Mart MP Starscream's right wing busted. The gray plastic that holds it to the metal pin that runs through the black part that connects his wing to his back fell apart on both sides of the pin, like it just disintegrated. Oddly enough, I checked the other wing, and it's fine. Well, even busted it sits fine on him in jet mode, but I'm worried that it's not going to stay on in bot mode.

...I'm not having a good day. :(

D'oh - you may be right about that. Apologies. I thought he was asking about the TF movie repaint Platinum Starscream - which I don't think is released yet. Maybe that was a Target exclusive too ... not sure.

Perhaps VF-19 was asking about MP Starscream, in which case you are right Mike. I've never seen it in the wild, and was lucky to be able to order it from Wal-Mart.com a month ago.

Sorry to hear about your broken MP Starscream mate ....

D'oh - you may be right about that. Apologies. I thought he was asking about the TF movie repaint Platinum Starscream - which I don't think is released yet. Maybe that was a Target exclusive too ... not sure.

Perhaps VF-19 was asking about MP Starscream, in which case you are right Mike. I've never seen it in the wild, and was lucky to be able to order it from Wal-Mart.com a month ago.

Sorry to hear about your broken MP Starscream mate ....

You've hit it on the head. I was lamenting about the lack of any exclusives up here. I did however spot Walmart Exclusive MP Starscream... At a local toy shop that wanted $120 for it... Ouch.

Hi all, first time here. I am yet to afford a Yamato macross toy. But i found the movie starscream figure can actually be a very cool Valk. Sorry for the cell-phone picture quality.

fighter mode

101-1.jpg

Gerwalk mode

102.jpg

107.jpg

109.jpg

robot mode

110.jpg

103.jpg

That mold is an inherently fun toy with a unique transformation. Regardless of one's feelings of the aesthetics of the character---it's a nice "transforming jet" toy.

I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

It looks like a hunk o' junk with a jet canopy and wings on top.

Bot mode aside, you can't call that jet mode "sleek" by any definition.

Meh.

My $.02

I like TF Movie Thundercracker ... not great, but decent.

Saw the Target Exclusive Cybertron basic repaints Warpath, Crosshairs, & Storm Surge today.

I only picked up Storm Surge - he has a nice US Coast Guard deco - he could be a great G1 Classics Seaspray too!!

Anyone else catch the new episode of TFA? I think it was one of the best so far. Aside from Blitzwing and Lugnut, it

had a lot of great foreshadowing, since Lugnut knows were Megatron is, the Allspark showing Sari how the key could rebuild Megatron, and Starscream showing up at the end

He did say:

Regardless of one's feelings of the aesthetics of the character

Yes, he said that. Does that mean no one is allowed to disagree?

I disagreed with his assertion that it was a "nice transforming jet toy" precisely because it's ugly in jet mode. I have an old Leader-1 Super GoBot that has a nicer jet mode.

Some fans think the Ark turns into Omega Supreme.

Wow, that really makes sense now. Color wise its very Omega Supreme.

Also in the pilot episode when the Deceps first attack the Autobot ship, Prime says to Teletran 1

"Activate Emergency Defense System Codename Omega"

you can see it here close to the beginning of this

TFA was awesome on Saturday.

Went out to do some shopping and saw Nightwatch Prime. Looks alot cooler in person but since I already have Leader Prime I cant justify the $40 bones.

So are those Target exclusive figures different than the Premium figs? IIRC, the Premium figs don't have the baby blue highlights.
Yeah, they're different from the Premium Figures. The Target exclusive Allspark power blue paint tube things are a "This retailer wants a Transformers exclusive sub-line, and they don't really care what it looks like. So let's make it as cheaply as possible."

The Target exclusive Allspark power blue paint tube things are a "This retailer wants a Transformers exclusive sub-line, and they don't really care what it looks like. So let's make it as cheaply as possible."

Yikes, I'll say. That blue paint tube stuff looks awful!

Screamer looks nice in metallic colors. Is he more movie accurate than the first figure though?

Yeah, Hasbro's initial Starscream colour scheme was based off very old concept art where ILM decided he was to be tan, for some reason.

Official pics of the Walmart-exclusive Cybertron/Movie redecos. Big Daddy!

Looks like Hasbro will have a designer provide brief explanations with toy news from now on.