Transformer Super Thread 6

I don't see how a Prime VS. Megatron Masterpiece 2-pack could be anything but a bad thing. Things like that don't make for "an exciting time", they're cause for worry because it's unneccessary stuff like that that can kill a line. Who but ultimate completists would want that set (think of the shipping costs!) when Megatron is still readily available for reasonable prices and when there are so many versions of Prime out there that you'd have to make an effort to NOT run into one?

As for MP-07 being an accurate Starscream, that poorly translated report is one of the 'speculations' I've been referring to for the last two pages.

Edited by eriku

Anime colored SS for a Jp release makes sense... next up oughta be Thundercracker, followed by a new design. The boxed set idea is like trying to put two 1/48 Yamato VF-1s and Strike armor AND GBPs in the same box... there's no reason to buy like that.

So at this rate, no new designs for the MP line until maybe MP-15?

yeah, that's what it seems like it's gonna be. oh, don't forget that they need to make a nemesis prime since they have ultra magnus already. And then a repaint of megatron in galvatron colors. Now that's a new idea that they haven't explored yet. And then we have sunstorm too... so milking all the molds as much as possible is what they plan on. <_<^_^:lol:

I don't see how a Prime VS. Megatron Masterpiece 2-pack could be anything but a bad thing. Things like that don't make for "an exciting time", they're cause for worry because it's unneccessary stuff like that that can kill a line. Who but ultimate completists would want that set (think of the shipping costs!) when Megatron is still readily available for reasonable prices and when there are so many versions of Prime out there that you'd have to make an effort to NOT run into one?

As for MP-07 being an accurate Starscream, that poorly translated report is one of the 'speculations' I've been referring to for the last two pages.

I'd get the two pack for sure.

But was the ULtra Magnus a limited edition? I've always wanted him, but always committed the funds to something else.

You guys really think a Prime Megs two back would be cheap? Complete MP Prime w/ Trailer (MP-5? 6? I don't even know...) is like 200 last I checked, Megs is like a hundred, and who knows how much an official Megs accessory set would be... maybe 3-hundred total?... the saddest part is it could probably fit in one of the larger Yamato boxes and contain WAY more than Yamato fits in one of those...

You guys really think a Prime Megs two back would be cheap? Complete MP Prime w/ Trailer (MP-5? 6? I don't even know...) is like 200 last I checked, Megs is like a hundred, and who knows how much an official Megs accessory set would be... maybe 3-hundred total?... the saddest part is it could probably fit in one of the larger Yamato boxes and contain WAY more than Yamato fits in one of those...

I think it could be around $200 if it were JUST the Prime and Megs figures with no extras. I doubt it would be that bare-bones though since they need to include something exclusive to get people who already have the two figures to buy the set. I'm guessing this will easily be in the $300 to $400 range depending on what's in it. If it contains the figures, the trailer, an official stock/silencer set for Megs, energy weapons, kremzeek, mini-megs in gun mode plus whatever new extras, it could push $500.

I got a US MPC Starscream. Havent had time to open it yet but it looks awesome. The animated prototypes are up @ tfw2005 and they look pretty cool.

let us know what you think of Starscream. I'll be picking mine up this weekend from someone who got one for me. I can't wait to give it an alcohol sponge-bath. :)

Really? It'd cost like 400 dollars... do you really not have a Prime yet?

A MP OP vs Megs pack won't cost $400. Don't go by inflated current prices, go by when the toy was originally released. In the US, the December restock of Megs is going for $95-99. MP-04 Prime went for around $150 when stores were first taking pre-orders.

I'm seriously thinking about trying to get a MPC Megs when it's reissues... I know it got somewhat mixed reviews originally... I don't care about the extra accessories bc/ I don't have the nostologia of having a G1 Megs as a kid, just want the figure to go with my other MPs... (the only Megs I actually have is the G2 Big Green Tank, which is my favorite Megs)... the one thing that bugs me is how ridiculously sized the Fusion Cannon ends up being, and mostly how far off the arm it sticks... it looks awkward.

Finally picked up MP SS this morning at a No. County San Diego location thanks to a member on TFW2005, I think it's a good looking figure for the roughly $50 price with an extra head and display base. Does his MP SS a one time deal or will Hasbro bring out the different Skywarp colors out as well?

Finally picked up MP SS this morning at a No. County San Diego location thanks to a member on TFW2005, I think it's a good looking figure for the roughly $50 price with an extra head and display base. Does his MP SS a one time deal or will Hasbro bring out the different Skywarp colors out as well?

They mentioned at Botcon that those 2 could be possible.

let us know what you think of Starscream. I'll be picking mine up this weekend from someone who got one for me. I can't wait to give it an alcohol sponge-bath. :)

You're probably much better at this stuff than I am (pretty anyone would be) but be warned that at least on mine while the silver paint was one quite thick and required some effort to remove, the blue paint on the feet was incredibly thin. Just the slightest touch of alcohol completely removed the paint from a spot.

You're probably much better at this stuff than I am (pretty anyone would be) but be warned that at least on mine while the silver paint was one quite thick and required some effort to remove, the blue paint on the feet was incredibly thin. Just the slightest touch of alcohol completely removed the paint from a spot.

Good to know, and sorry to hear that. I was going to try and remove the nosecone and engine covers before striping them to avoid any sloppiness in those areas.

i guess i'll wait for the recolored mp starscream from takara unless someone wants to get the walmart one for me. anyone?

Edited by sh002

Neat. Now I don't feel that I missed out by not buying the dvd version that had this.

Anybody see Hasbro's accurate (or as close as Hasbro can get) repaint of Movie Starscream?

so is this SS a limited edition? Some people are claiming that fact, but I don't see anything on the box saying its limited edtion.
Well, it's a store exclusive of a fairly expensive toy, so yeah, it's not 'limited edition' in the strictest sense, but it's not going to hang around forever, especially with the organized scalpers in the US and Walmart's lack of caring.