Transformer Super Thread 6

Yeah, those appear to be scorch marks. maybe it was the brightness of those photos that hid them or something. At this point I'll be happy with just LESS scorch marks, but even if they're the same I'll still be more satisfied with this Starscream than the blue/green version.

Ironically, even after MP-03---I think they still can't get "shades of grey" right. He's too pale. Personally, I use the movie as my main "G1 animated" color reference, as it is much more consistent and higher quality than any episode.

And while I haven't seen an actual G1 SS toy in years, I don't recall it being that pale. He was clearly grey, though lighter than the animated version. The new G1-style repaint is almost white. I do have a G2 SS, don't know if the grey's the same color (I'd suspect not, as G2 Prime blue is quite different from G1 Prime blue)

Soundwave and Skywarp are big on my Masterpiece wishlist. All of the movie characters I'd like to see I'd rather have as Alternators, unfortunately. Kup was actually one of the Alts I would have most like to have seen next, along with Iron Hide (even if that was just Prime repainted and with a new head sculpt). Though if they'd found something to work Bumblebee and Cliffjumper into, that would have been great, too.

Luckily, there's still plenty they could do with the Masterpiece line. I suppose it's too much to hope for a rerelease Ultra Magnus with trailer/armour?

There are a lot of G1 figures that can be released for the Masterpiece line before they think about branching into other series. Takara should stick with G1 first. I still want MP Soundwave, Shockwave, Dinobots, remaining seekers, Cyclonus, Galvatron, etc, etc. That custom MP Ultra Magnus trailer has been done. Too bad an official one hasn't been made. Maybe Justitoys can work their way around that. Ultimate Bumblebee seems like a sort of quasi-Masterpiece figure and IMO it isn't that great. The only movie figure I would like as an Alternator would be Concept Camaro Bumblebee. Definite no to the others.

Edited by sh002

Just did a 'quick & dirty' weathering wash on this guy, using a diluted enamel flat black and a lot of smudging with Q-tip. Definitely not professional quality by any means, but the dirty wash really popped out a lot of details on the sculpt, and hide the flatness of the grey plastic real good. Added a little bit of silver worn edges (paint parker), the thing looks pretty metallic.

A few hours well spent. ;)

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

Ammo borrowed from Takara Kerberos 12". :p

Awesome looking photos mpchi!

I would be all over a Masterpiece based on one or several of the movie designs. That thing would be über fun to transform if done right.

All the photos of Ultimate Bumblebee I've seen look like an overpriced Leader class to me. Surely they can do better than that.

Awesome looking photos mpchi!

I would be all over a Masterpiece based on one or several of the movie designs. That thing would be über fun to transform if done right.

All the photos of Ultimate Bumblebee I've seen look like an overpriced Leader class to me. Surely they can do better than that.

All of the photos I've seen make the $10 Deluxe Bumblebee look like a piece of art compared to the ultimate one.

Wow, i have been out of the loop regarding this...

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78874

.... I just came across this HLJ.com link... is this the Original colour scheme for the MP-03?

This is what i have been waiting for. Isn't it? (scrolls previous pages) Certainly looks like it...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wow, i have been out of the loop regarding this...

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78874

.... I just came across this HLJ.com link... is this the Original colour scheme for the MP-03?

This is what i have been waiting for. Isn't it? (scrolls previous pages) Certainly looks like it...

Same as the G1 repaint we are getting over here via Walmart.

Fat chance, since they only repaint whatever the current Prime figure is and call it Ultra Magnus. But who knows? Maybe someday they find a cure for their cerebral rectitus and actually give us fans what we want.

From my understanding a g1 re-release of Ultra Magnus was going to occur this fall as a Wallmart exclusive, or are you guys refering to the masterpiece Magnus that was released?

Nice customization mpchi!!! Very kewl!!!

B))

Thought I'd post a pic of the 6" TF Titaniums I own, minus 'Dark Rodimus", er, I mean Menasor. He didn't make the photo shoot.

:lol:

I know people have said that the first 6" Titanium releases WWI Optimus Prime and GIJoe Megatron were pretty bad molds and had very crappy quality, but I like the ones I own. They're all pretty sweet IMHO. Wish Hasbro would continue the line.

Enjoy!

B))

post-3878-1186900370_thumb.jpg

Nice customization mpchi!!! Very kewl!!!

B))

Thought I'd post a pic of the 6" TF Titaniums I own, minus 'Dark Rodimus", er, I mean Menasor. He didn't make the photo shoot.

:lol:

I know people have said that the first 6" Titanium releases WWI Optimus Prime and GIJoe Megatron were pretty bad molds and had very crappy quality, but I like the ones I own. They're all pretty sweet IMHO. Wish Hasbro would continue the line.

Enjoy!

B))

I must have got a good QC WWI Prime. Yeah, the arms aren't too great, but he poses decently for me. Joe Megatron, OTOH, is a complete and utter floppy mess. There's no saving that mold. It's a shame that he comes to mind when people think Titaniums because he's the exception and not the rule.

That Thundercracker you have posed above is missing a transformation step. You can swing the shoulders out and downwards so the shoulders and arms look better proportioned.

That Thundercracker you have posed above is missing a transformation step. You can swing the shoulders out and downwards so the shoulders and arms look better proportioned.

A lot of people miss that step, myself included when I first got it. He looks so much better after they are correctly positioned. I can never decide if TCracker or Rodimus is my favorite Titanium.

Edited by eriku

does anyone really think there will be a price drop in sdcc rodimus on ebay once it is released in asia? i'll still be charged shipping fees of around $25 from those sellers.

Tober - Thanks man! And for the tip on Starscream - but he just looks too plain. Think I'll pass. I'm just looking for Sunstorm and am debating whether or not to try and find a WWI Optimus Prime.

Alpha OTS - D'oh, thanks! He does look better when correctly transformed!

does anyone really think there will be a price drop in sdcc rodimus on ebay once it is released in asia? i'll still be charged shipping fees of around $25 from those sellers.

Maybe, but it's hard to say. The weekend of SDCC he was selling for $60 on eBay - and I thought about buying him.

I got lucky and bought 1 each of Rodimus & Menasor from HTS early monday morning after SDCC. Wish I had gotten a few extra, but at the time I didn't want to push my luck with the store site (remembers the horrors of last year's Nemesis Prime fiasco) and checked out quickly.

Then, when he was officially sold out on HTS, I think prices haven risen by $10 - but keep checking eBay regularly ... sometimes I've seen a semi-decent priced buy-it auction. Good luck mate.

Has there been any fighter mode pics released yet? I guess other than Fan customs.

yes

Because the image on the back of the box shows the scorch marks and the packaging for both editions is the same I think the two editions will be the same despite a magazine article that claimed there would be sme differences in the markings (which could refer to a single Destron sticker being the only difference).

May as well show this off here too. Some of you have seen how you can add hands to a Voyager Movie Starscream by cutting the top arm claws off of a Doctor Octopus from the latest Spiderman figure line. It's a real quick and easy kitbash that improves the look of your Starscream ten fold, and I really recommend it. I've had bottom arm claws remaining from that project that I didn't know what to do with, until now.

Fast Action Battler Megatron is.......ok, I guess. He's an FAB for starters, so he's sort of kiddified in a way. The normal red hands and missiles really do make him look like a KO. So I've removed the hands, did some minor carving to the Doc Ock bottom arm claws and viola! Working transformable hands that aren't an eyesore! I also grabbed a Robot Replica Megatron which for some reason has the same *exact* coloring as FAB Megatron. I did some carving to the cannon arm attachment so it too fits in the FAB arm missile holes. It's still not the movie Megatron that we wanted(the upcoming Voyager repaint is much closer to what we expected but unfortunately has "ice" all over it), but it does make the most out of the FAB mold.

post-4708-1186975716_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1186975727_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1186975739_thumb.jpg

yes

Because the image on the back of the box shows the scorch marks and the packaging for both editions is the same I think the two editions will be the same despite a magazine article that claimed there would be sme differences in the markings (which could refer to a single Destron sticker being the only difference).

Thanks Tober!!! Deffinently getting SS. First Transformer toy i wanted in a long long time.

Although Skywarp looks sweet as. But that's not on my list, just like the VF-1J Stealth didn't make my list....

Does the SS G1 colour scheme MP have the stand and missile ordnance like the Skywarp and 1st version SS?

I can't see it anywhere in the box pics...

:edit: nevermind i read the back of the box and it states it does. But not the missiles i'm not sure...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Does the SS G1 colour scheme MP have the stand and missile ordnance like the Skywarp and 1st version SS?

I can't see it anywhere in the box pics...

:edit: nevermind i read the back of the box and it states it does. But not the missiles i'm not sure...

Everything is included, they are packaged attached to the wings on the hasbro version in package.