Transformer Super Thread 6

Have you seen how many KO Transformers G1 packages and figures have come out? There are so many of them now. This Devastator gift set one is just crazy. If people are able to KO the box, styrofoam, instructions, and sticker sheet, WTH has Hasbro or Takara not reissued this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Remake-G1...1QQcmdZViewItem

I had thought the reason the constructicons weren't reissued was because they no longer had the original molds. The KOs you've seen on ebay are from self made molds of the existing toys. Same case with the dinobots, I believe.

Managed to get a Bumblebee today (the new Camero Version). They're really selling fast in Ottawa, but I have one question: Does anybody have the little yellow bits that go on the upper arms missing right out of the package? I had one fall off while transforming it, and when I finally figured out where it went, I noticed the other one missing, and it looks like somebody forgot to put it on in the factory.

Target reset, and like everywhere else---lots of new "stuff" but no deluxe/voyager toys.

"Robot replicas" look nice at first, but taking a good look----the sculpting is "soft" and all the paint apps are gone. Compared to his packaging, Barricade lost ALL his gold accents and his red ones. He suffers from "utter blackness" like Ironhide now. His molding just isn't crisp enough compared to other figures of that style IMHO. SW unleashed are better done.

Target reset, and like everywhere else---lots of new "stuff" but no deluxe/voyager toys.

"Robot replicas" look nice at first, but taking a good look----the sculpting is "soft" and all the paint apps are gone. Compared to his packaging, Barricade lost ALL his gold accents and his red ones. He suffers from "utter blackness" like Ironhide now. His molding just isn't crisp enough compared to other figures of that style IMHO. SW unleashed are better done.

That happened here too, no new voyagers and deluxes. I randomly found voyager Megatron@walmart, box crushed in partially but thankfully the toy was undamaged. I wonder if Hasbro will be able to meet demand with the upcoming xmas season.

Given how well most of the regular figures are, I just feel no need to get a Robot Replica. Except maybe for Frenzy. I'd rather have the transformation gimmick and a good looking poseable figure rather than just a good looking poseable figure.

I thought the Robot Replicas would look cool, but upon seeing Barricade, I was disappointed. He's nowhere as detailed as the Deluxe version. And I agree that Barricade deserves a larger-scale toy. Why not make an Ultimate Barricade?

BTW, Target in North Hollywood did a reset on their TF section. And, as expected, no decent toys available. Just some new kiddie toys, including the T.E.C.H. series.

Link doesn't work.

Yeah...the msgboard somehow ommits the "ie" from the last few characters in the URL. I can't fix it. Maybe the URL's too long or something.

The last few characters in the URL link that reads "VwItem" should be "ViewItem". Copy and paste the url and change it before going to the url.

I saw some TF Movie Robot Replicas today ... they suck IMHO!!!

<_<

Still no new TF Deluxe, Voyager, nor Leaders in stock.

:mellow:

And here's a new pic of MP Skywarp .... looks cool but I hate that second face, WTF???

:ph34r:

post-3878-1186379517_thumb.jpg

Well to most toy companies, more paint the toy starts being unprofitable, though I'm not clear on when Hasbro is allowed to go all-out on repainting a toy, like they did with Energon Galvatron and Cybertron Galvatron who were absolutely covered with more paint than usual.

I don't believe it's a matter of making the toy profitable, so much as making the toy more profitable. Which seems all the cheaper because they don't really need to paint every grey piece to look shiney and metallic, a few key pieces done that way would make a world of difference on the Leader Class Prime toy.

I can believe the idea that they didn't do it to avoid paint chipping, except in cases where it's a matter of colour choices, rather than a lack of paint, like this G1 coloured Voyager class Prime's baby blue windows and cheap, bright looking cartoon red. Of course, that may have been done to try and make it look more like the old cartoon, but it doesn't really work and just ends up looking cheap.

It just seems to me that Hasbro just tends to make questionable colour choices more often than I'd like.

Man, I'm looking forward to nabbing Skywarp, though. Looking good.

Edited by Radd

I had thought the reason the constructicons weren't reissued was because they no longer had the original molds. The KOs you've seen on ebay are from self made molds of the existing toys. Same case with the dinobots, I believe.

Pretty sure they still have the dinobot molds.

I know they did as of the G2 toyline, which was after they'd figured out the brand might have lasting power. If they lost the dinobots AFTER G2.... then they're hopeless screwups.

I nabbed an ultimate bumblebee. If the chest still bothers you, you should pass. It doesn't bother me to much. Its a big transformer. That sold it for me. I love my transformers huge. Anyway, here is a photo of it with a properly transformed chest.

post-332-1186390729_thumb.jpg

I really hated Voyager Class Starscream at first, but after seeing numerous customs, the design actually grew on me. So a few weeks ago, I went out and bought Starscream. And just drawing the panel lines greatly improved the otherwise bland color scheme.

Here are some customs that really take Voyager Starscream to the next level:

Starscream by Nuffsaid Customs

Starscream by encline598

Starscream by minmeiiloveyou

Does anyone know if it's easy to take apart the 6" War Within Titanium Starscream toy in order to repaint it? Since the line's getting cancelled, there will not be a Skywarp version and I'd like to have one to complete the seekers in their WWI modes (Starscream, Tundercracker, Sunstorm). I'm a beginner level kitbasher so taking things apart is a chore to me if it requires a lot of work other than finding the screws.

post-1065-1186434698_thumb.jpg

post-1065-1186434703_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know if it's easy to take apart the 6" War Within Titanium Starscream toy in order to repaint it? Since the line's getting cancelled, there will not be a Skywarp version and I'd like to have one to complete the seekers in their WWI modes (Starscream, Tundercracker, Sunstorm). I'm a beginner level kitbasher so taking things apart is a chore to me if it requires a lot of work other than finding the screws.

You gave me an excuse to pick my Titanium Screamer off the shelf.

Everything's held together by regular phillips head screws and they're located in areas where you'd expect them. The only exception is for the wing halves that become the central dorsal wing in alt mode. That's held together by pins that you should be able to tap out. Actually, being a Titanium is going to be to your benefit for kitbashing, because he's a relatively simple design like most Titaniums.

Personally, I think this is a pretty nice mold, especially for a tetrajet, and the diecast is in the proper places.

here's to hoping they make a classics kup, blurr, and maybe springer to go with classics hotrod

A Classics version of Blurr would be awesome!! Springer would be fantastic too ... although they already released him as a BotCon exclusive ... even if he is part of the TimeLines series.

More MP Skywarp pics for your enjoyment:

post-3878-1186457149_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1186457163_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1186457172_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vermillion21

hey, is that G1 color version of the Masterpiece Starscream available in the states yet? Also, how is the Ultimate Bumblebee? Is it nice and solid, or is it loose and floppy?

I think they should do a leader class Movie2007 Starscream

Twich

So they are reissuing reissues now.... I am glad that they are back on G1 style package though.

I wonder what other transformers encore we'll see.

Edited by konimon

Guest sh002

hopefully they continue the encore series and release them in order with all the original first series to second series and so forth.

Question:

WW Prime titanium toy: Great, good, or horrible, bad?

Been hearing mixed thoughts about the toy, and now I can no longer found that thing. Just when I have enough cash...

Oh well, looks like I'll be getting Deluxe Bumblebee V2(Camaro Concept). I like the Deluxe design over the Ultimate version because it looks more accurate to the movie design(the only Bayformer design I really like) than the Ultimate, which is ironic. Heh.

Question:

WW Prime titanium toy: Great, good, or horrible, bad?

Been hearing mixed thoughts about the toy, and now I can no longer found that thing. Just when I have enough cash...

I would say WW Prime is between good and bad. He doesn't hold together well in alt mode and in bot mode his limbs tend to be loose and fall off. He LOOKS cool, although the paint can be really shabby on some. He's just not that much fun to play with. I would say get one if you can find him for retail, but he's not worth much more than that.

A lot of people, myself included, are hoping they'll make a larger plastic version of the toy someday.