Transformer Super Thread 6

Well I'm going to continue on the topic from the just recently archived TF section regarding the 6" Titaniums. Did anyone ever see the G1 Ultra magnus, WW Ultra Magnus, The Fallen, or Sunstorm at their local store? I never saw these for sale at either Anime Expo or Comic Con this year, only saw them for sale on eBay so I don't even know how large or when their distribution was since Target and Walmart stopped carrying the 6" Titaniums right when the last wave was suppose to come out.

I was able to get the Titanium Menasor through Hasbro Toy Shop after it being sold out on Sunday at Comic Con, they're still available right now for those interested. And for those asking, yes the Alternators Rodimus was a hot ticket item at Comic Con, saw people buying between 2-4 a piece. Went online the next day at HTS and it sold out as well, thankfully I got Menasor since I was able to buy one Rodimus at CC Sunday morning when they didn't require tickets to purchase it. A few hours later walking by the HTS booth Rodimus was sold out for the remainder of the show.

RE: USA Edition Masterpiece Starscream

I got this reply from F2F today...

For the USA edition Masterpiece Starscream, I cannot confirm if there is any “weathering” on it at this time. The info I received from Takara-Tomy only indicate that he will have different weathering and markings from the Hasbro releases but I expect the differences to be minimal since the Hasbro packaging will be use anyway instead of the Takara package.

So I'm guessing it's probable that there won't be much difference. :(

Well I'm going to continue on the topic from the just recently archived TF section regarding the 6" Titaniums. Did anyone ever see the G1 Ultra magnus, WW Ultra Magnus, The Fallen, or Sunstorm at their local store?

Nope. I never saw 'em in stores. The last 6" Titaniums I saw were Starscream and RID Prime in early spring. I've been buying my 6" Titaniums through eBay.

:ph34r:

Guest sh002

I might have seen a Titanium Fallen in a store a long time ago but I might be mistaken.

Instead of preordering MP USA Starscream from F2F, I will early bird preorder from HLJ. F2F estimates their shipping as EMS $43.22 and SAL $41.90. Looking at the shipping from HLJ for the older MP Starscream, shiiping will be EMS $26.84 and SAL $12.41.

I was at a Target today that had reset their toy aisles and, low and behold, they are once again carrying the 6" Titaniums. Rather than stocking new ones however they had the Starscream/RID Prime/Rodimus figures out. I'm sure by the time they get around to restocking anything further the Titanium line will be long gone since it is already dead.

On a happier note I got my ML Soundwave from BBTS today. Haven't opened him yet but he sure looks pretty in the box.

I got War Within Prime and that GI Joe Megatron when Titaniums first came out... and they were about the worst toys I've EVER owned. The only other one I ever bought was RID Prime, and that's only because I'm really obsessive when it comes to collecting Primes. It was, admittedly, much better, but on the whole, I really preferred the Classics line.

FYI, I saw Toys R Us has some exclusive WW Prime and WW Megatron two-pack. I wonder if they retroactively applied any of the improvements from later Titaniums to that Prime, or if he'll still suck.

Speaking of Classics, though, I hear Hasbro is bringing Classics back under the Universe banner in 2008. And we're getting Sideswipe and Sunstreaker!

I was at a Target today that had reset their toy aisles and, low and behold, they are once again carrying the 6" Titaniums. Rather than stocking new ones however they had the Starscream/RID Prime/Rodimus figures out. I'm sure by the time they get around to restocking anything further the Titanium line will be long gone since it is already dead.

On a happier note I got my ML Soundwave from BBTS today. Haven't opened him yet but he sure looks pretty in the box.

Good to hear that stores are at least re-stocking their TF toy supply. Finally.

I've been looking all over for the TF wave 3 Deluxes, without any luck.

I'd love a G1 Magnus Titanium, but I'm not paying over 20 bucks for it. :insert standard Hasbro case assortment/timing stupidity rant here: As if WW Prime and Magnus are going to be NEARLY as desirable as G1 Magnus---they just clog up the shelves, so nobody orders the later cases/waves with the figure we DO want. It happens way too often that a highly desirable character isn't released until like the last wave, when all the other waves are still clogging the shelves, so nobody ever gets one.

just got titanium g1 ultra magnus and it looks even better in person

Yep, he looks great next to Titanium Rodimus!!

This thread needs some loving. I've attached a pic of some recent arrivals from eBay:

> Botcon 2007 Huffer & Springer

> Titanium Fallen

All of 'em are great!!!

^_^

post-3878-1186199171_thumb.jpg

Good to hear that stores are at least re-stocking their TF toy supply.

Not in my area. Target's flooded with those exclusive Cybertron scout repaints, Wal-Mart's down to the Real Gears, and Toys R' Us actually has some deluxes... Swindle, and the Protoforms.

Guest sh002

With the 6" Titaniums that have already came out, these would have been cool additions next to them: Cyclonus, Galvatron, Blaster, G1 Optimus, Gnaw, WW Grimlock.

Guest sh002

What if these people made a Transformers movie?:

James Cameron-Aliens and Terminator badass style, story would have been a little more solid, solid maybe armored Transformers, maybe updated G1 style.

George Lucas-a lot of Transformers, big war, solid Transformers (not C3-PO without his skin style), vast environments, story would have also needed work.

Bryan Singer-updated G1 style Transformers, solid Transformers, story would have been a little more solid.

Paul Anderson-G1 style Transformers, story would have also needed work.

With the 6" Titaniums that have already came out, these would have been cool additions next to them: Cyclonus, Galvatron, Blaster, G1 Optimus, Gnaw, WW Grimlock.

I wish Hasbro would make these as 6" Titaniums!!! Or at the very least, release the prototype Arcee, Shockwave, Cosmos & WWI Bumblebee previewed during BotCon.

:mellow:

I just checked my local Wal-Mart & Target today, still no new stock of new TFs, although they did get those lame-a$$ Robot Replicas ----- PASS!!!

Guest sh002

yeah a titanium cyclonus and galvatron would have looked cool next to scourge, ultra magnus, and rodimus.

got deluxe bumblebee today. also looks good in person. too bad it isn't 1/24 scale.

Not in my area. Target's flooded with those exclusive Cybertron scout repaints, Wal-Mart's down to the Real Gears, and Toys R' Us actually has some deluxes... Swindle, and the Protoforms.

Hmmmm, same here. I got the movie deluxe Arcee 2 weeks ago, but someone beat me to the '08 BB and I haven't found one yet. Target actually got in the Ult. BB, which I gladly passed.

I'm not feeling at all confident about finding any more Titaniums. For the ones that have been "released" like G1 Magnus, you're not going to come by it cheap. We really did need a Galvatron and Cyclonus. At least Galvatron is slated for Classics 2.0

Here's a pic of my "86 Movie Poster" styled display mainly featuring Titaniums which I'm really happy with. Also pictured below is a mini Fortress Maximus knock off I happened on that is of surprising good quality and detail. And lastly is a Movie Voyager Starscream which I've just "kitbashed" by hacking off and trimming the excess rubber off of the top arm claws of a Doc Ock from the recent Spiderman figure line so he has hands like in the movie. It was surprisingly easy and looks very good too. Easily removeable. I'm trying to find a way to store them in vehicle mode. Somewhere near the feet is where there's space, plus it'll look kind of like rear thrusters which unfortunately the mold is lacking.

post-4708-1186288401_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1186288556_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1186288568_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1186288581_thumb.jpg

got deluxe bumblebee today. also looks good in person. too bad it isn't 1/24 scale.

Was it the concept 09 version? If so, I am jealous!!! Still looking for one myself!

:lol:

Alpha OTS: Awesome pics!! I love the TF '86 movie homage in TF toy form, nice!!!

B))

So, the red seems to be that cheap looking brighter red, and he has baby blue chest windows. Not that I'm too familiar with the movie-colours Voyager toy, I grabbed the leader class, which would be perfect if not for the cheap looking grey rather than crome in a lot of places that could have really used that extra touch. Hasbro seems to pinch a lot of pennies when it comes to painting toys.

I only crit because I care.

I'm digging the other two. I might need to start grabbing more movie toys. I'm still holding out hope for a Leader Class Starscream that looks good in fighter.

Well to most toy companies, more paint the toy starts being unprofitable, though I'm not clear on when Hasbro is allowed to go all-out on repainting a toy, like they did with Energon Galvatron and Cybertron Galvatron who were absolutely covered with more paint than usual.

At the same time, I think a problem with Prime is most of his silver parts are tied into transformation, so if they were to paint those parts silver, they'd be painting parts of parts so the paint doesn't scrape or chip off. They rarely do 'chrome' vaccum-metalised plastic anymore because it costs more to do (of course) and because that type of plastic is brittle like fark.

Voyager Starscream kitbash idea - take FAB Starscream's arms.

Guest sh002

I saw a listing for leader class Optimus custom repainted that was frontpaged on ebay. I can't find the link. If it was painted like that I might have bought one.

I got the deluxe Concept Camaro version but not in stores. I can't imagine this figure sitting on pegs and people just passing it by. I got it from digitaltoys which is more than retail but less than ebay.