The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

I actually got my SFA Anthology (collection) for the PS2 a year ago June and it is still unopened to this day! If you think that's bad, when I got rid of my copy of Ace Combat 5 last weekend, up until that day, it was still unopened from when I got it for Christmas back in 2004! :p

About 2 years ago, you would not believe the collection of video games and systems I had amassed over 17 years. I wish I had taken some pictures of it all so I could make a visual showing of how much I have offloaded in the last two years.

I used to hoard video game systems and games, until some "friends" of mine in highschool traded it all to some dealer for weed. Since then all my consoles have been disposable. Except my ps2, that I'll keep.

Hey, are there any King of Fighters fans in here? Any word on what's coming out in 2008? Did they release anything for 2007? The last KOF I played was 2006. It was cool, but why'd they ditch Joe Higashi once they went 3-D? Anyway. If anybody knows about KOF on ps3 eventually, please share your wisdom.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161731

Man, and now I have to come up with the dough for Warriors Orochi, Heavenly Sword, Dynasty Gundam, Lair, and now Dynasty 6.

This is a long interview/ in game video of GT5 prologue explaining the user interface, options, new and old, along with in car view driving..

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21522_gc-de...5-prologue.html

better video of just the incar view

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24083.html

Edited by F360°

Question: Would anybody here suggest getting Lair, or Dynasty Warriors Gundam? If you had to choose between the two, which one would you pick?

Dynasty Warriors Gundam. If you like Dynasty Warriors, or Gundam, then you pretty much know what you're getting into. Lair, on the other hand, seems to be all hype and no substance.

Well I waited until there was a price break on the PS3 and some games I wanted started coming out.

One of those on my want list was Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

Guess which of the two I'm picking. ETA for game release is the 28th. ETA for my PS3 to arrive is the 30th. :D

There is a dynasty warrior gundam downloadable demo isnt' there? I was over at my brother's and he was playing a gundam based hack and slash game that reminded me to Dynasty Warriors, that might help.

I have to say that I am going to be disappointed if Lair turns out to be a glorified, buggy, tech Demo.

There is a demo of Gundam: Dynasty Warriors on PSN. Pretty fun and I'm considering the game, even though I'm not much interested in Gundam.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam. If you like Dynasty Warriors, or Gundam, then you pretty much know what you're getting into. Lair, on the other hand, seems to be all hype and no substance.

Seen any hands on that says so yet? I've only seen positive things about it so far. I'm waiting for some reviews.

PSM gives Lair a pretty poor review. I guess it starts off cool, but get very repetitive quickly. I guess the SIxaxis control gets annoying as well, and there's no option to switch the controls over to the analog sticks. They give it a 5/10.

Nott very encouraging. Might wait 'till it's out for awhile to see if it's that bad. Oddly, Kotaku and Xplay of all places likes it, especially the motion controls.

I used to hoard video game systems and games, until some "friends" of mine in highschool traded it all to some dealer for weed. Since then all my consoles have been disposable. Except my ps2, that I'll keep.

Hey, are there any King of Fighters fans in here? Any word on what's coming out in 2008? Did they release anything for 2007? The last KOF I played was 2006. It was cool, but why'd they ditch Joe Higashi once they went 3-D? Anyway. If anybody knows about KOF on ps3 eventually, please share your wisdom.

Man, and now I have to come up with the dough for Warriors Orochi, Heavenly Sword, Dynasty Gundam, Lair, and now Dynasty 6.

I haven't tried KOF since they went 3D. They ditched Joe?

I'm most excited about the SFII HD Remix for my 2D fighting craves.

Seen any hands on that says so yet? I've only seen positive things about it so far. I'm waiting for some reviews.

Average 73%.

And PSM's score would actually drag that down. It's worth noting that Play Magazine gave it a 9/10, so it might very well be a love it or hate it kind of thing. I think I'll hold off for the demo, though.

Average 73%.

And PSM's score would actually drag that down. It's worth noting that Play Magazine gave it a 9/10, so it might very well be a love it or hate it kind of thing. I think I'll hold off for the demo, though.

Yeah, possibly, but Play's DH also gave Sonic on 360 a 9.5 A nine point five. Either he only played a sampling Sega showed him, and didn't base his review on the full game or he's high on crack. I know he loves Sonic but even I tried both versions and both versions are pure crap (and I Love Sonic).

Yeah, possibly, but Play's DH also gave Sonic on 360 a 9.5 A nine point five. Either he only played a sampling Sega showed him, and didn't base his review on the full game or he's high on crack. I know he loves Sonic but even I tried both versions and both versions are pure crap (and I Love Sonic).

Oh, tell me about it! I found a used copy for $20, and I figured that reviewers are usually hard on Sonic (and I loved both DC Sonic Adventures), so maybe it wasn't that bad. Amazingly, it was worse. The camera makes the game damn near unplayable.

As the saying goes, "with friends like these..." :p

As for King of the Fighters, I use to collect the series with the PS1, Saturn, and Dreamcast editions, but I realized I was basically buying the same game over and over again! :p

As for picking Dynasty Warriors: Gundam over Lair, as someone who likes hack and slash games and as a big Gundam fan, i would say Gundam. :D I finally played the 360 demo last night and I liked it. Impressed that they gave a Japanese audio option. As for the English dub, sounds like they were able to successfully rehire a lot of the voice actors that have dubbed these characters from the different Gundam series over the last 7 years.

Well it looks like it is indeed getting a TV tuner and DVR for markets in other countries so it is just a matter of time before it come to American and PS3 sales increase, possibly, hopefully.

And from what I can tell several sources still say the tuner is either Freeview or European Digital Video Broadcasting system (DVB-T) exclusive, something many places that pick up this continuing story still omit... meaning it's still not a traditional OTA antenna that you can use to pick up "normal" TV, it sounds like it's still limited to only certain "broadcasting networks"... and as already stated it's only being announced formally in Europe and Australia/New Zealand. I still think this whole thing feels like that Sony PSP P-TV gimmick in the Japanese market.

I think I'll be pickin' up Gundam instead of Lair... the Dynasty Warriors formula never ceases to entertain me. I'm also skeptical about the ratings Lair got all around. The graphics are gorgeous, yes, but something must be wrong with this game for it to receive such mixed and generally low reviews. Anyone know when Dynasty Warriors 6 is slated for a US release?

There's a new MGS4 video up at the playstation store. I was honestly a little freaked out by the Gekkou's when I first saw them, but now...this is going to be an interesting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgUaQfxIItY

I hope now more than ever though that there will be a Japanese audio option.

Really? MGS is one of the few Japanese games where I've been totally satisfied with the voice acting. David Hayter is Solid Snake, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't remember exactly when I bought my PS3; it was before I went on any interviews in Cleveland, though, and the first one I remember was July 25th. Also, it was definitely a Saturday, so I'm thinking either the 14th or 21st.

But the point is, I'm still waiting on my Blu-rays.

Tomorrow... I get Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Yes! Maybe it'll get me interested in the anime.

You've never seen the anime(s)? :blink:

I'm picking it up too, but I'm grabbing it for 360. Achievements, ho!

I'm getting a buncha' money tomorrow... I could buy an xbox 360 (again)--- OOOR, I could buy a new motherboard, processor and video card plus a bunch DDR2 ram. The 360 would be cheaper... but dang I want to play Crysis when that comes out. Think Crysis wille ever come out for PS3?

I don't remember exactly when I bought my PS3; it was before I went on any interviews in Cleveland, though, and the first one I remember was July 25th. Also, it was definitely a Saturday, so I'm thinking either the 14th or 21st.

But the point is, I'm still waiting on my Blu-rays.

If you want you can call the 1-800 number for the distributor in Texas, give them your info and they will tell you the status of your free movies. I'll have to look up that number again if anyone wants it... but from what I've seen depending on where you are in the US the offer is taking between four and five weeks to fully process and ship.

If you want you can call the 1-800 number for the distributor in Texas, give them your info and they will tell you the status of your free movies. I'll have to look up that number again if anyone wants it... but from what I've seen depending on where you are in the US the offer is taking between four and five weeks to fully process and ship.

If you can find the number, great. If not, It's not a huge deal. I have a magazine that that's advertising the free Blu-ray deal with a copy of the order form at the bottom, and if you read the fine print, it says 8-10 weeks. I've got another month before I should really start worrying.