The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

I think it's more to do with the fact that hispanics didn't go through over 200 years of slavery + segregation, and there isn't a hate group that was formed to specifical hang, burn, shoot, beat, etc them (though at this point I'm sure they'd include them). There are only 2 groups of people in this world that this issue specifically apply's to, blacks & jews, both of which I coincidentally am :)

Also note, I'm not crying racism here, just pointing out that it's a problem capcom would be better off avoiding, as they don't even need to add water to this to get instant flack.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not accusing you, or anyone else on these boards, of crying racism. When you mentioned it, I read it more as you pointing out that someone inevitably will, and of course, you were right.

And yeah, to a casual observer, maybe it does look like whitey shooting up black people.

But as I mentioned, the game is set in Africa. Should realism be thrown out in favor of racial sensitivity? I don't think so. And while I vehemently oppose racism, I think that over-sensitivity only serves to isolate a race further instead of allowing people to simply see a person as a person, instead of as a black person, a white person, a jewish person, or a muslim person.

So, a game where you play a Klansmen and shoot neighborhood blacks would be highly objectionable. A game about a military operation in an African country that let you shoot innocent black villagers, again would be objectionable. But a game in a franchise that's alre.ady had games set in other parts of the world that happens to be set in Africa, where a virus turns the locals into flesh-eating zombies? A franchise where we've already killed white zombies and Hispanic zombies, some of which may also have been jewish zombies? Well, I'd hope that we could look past the color of their rotting skin, and agree that zombies of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious beliefs are all equal. Equal threats to humanity.

That said, I admit, I'm a young white male. And maybe I would feel differently if I was black. Or jewish ;) .

And yet, there wasn't a lot of fuss when you were shooting Hispanics in RE4. Because they look white?

Capcom chose to set RE5 in in Africa, I'm assuming for plot reasons. And they've decided to use a character already established in the franchise, who happens to be white. Regardless of Redfield's race, it wouldn't make sense to shoot white zombies in Africa. People might want to consider that before they start crying racism.

South Africa has lots of white people... so you could shoot white South African zombies. :lol:

The best part of the RE series is that it doesn't matter what your skin color is

Once a person gets infected and they're a zombie, that automatically takes that

character out of the human race. So shoot away kids. Same as quake or half life

or any other game where the locals get infected or changed some how and are

now a plague upon the earth. Maybe down the road RE will allow the protaganist to

take on your features like with that golf game (cant think of the title) you take a

pic of yourself and through a few steps thats you on the screen.

There are only 2 groups of people in this world that this issue specifically apply's to, blacks & jews, both of which I coincidentally am :)

Yeah, because no other race or religion has ever been specifically targeted by hate groups. :rolleyes:

Yeah, this issue could be misconstrued as racism. Is it? I highly doubt it. It reallys under that category of "dumb stuff people complain about when there are more important issues worth crying about."

Speaking of which, exactly why isn't Dead Rising being ported to the PS3 again? Way to slack capcom!

I could have sworn it WAS being ported. I thought I saw a while back a cover of a UK PS3 magazine that had Dead Rising mentioned by name on the cover. If I remember the cover had Half Life 2 on it.

It would be sweet, but I'll believe it when I see it. Unfortunately, this crossplatform thing doesn't seem to be much of a 2 way street so far. I'm still holding out hope that Katamari will still pop up at it's march PS3 release date for instance... Though I'm still sorely dissapointed about AC 6.

If you can't bag on peoples beliefs & values, then what the hell is the point in supposedly spreading freedom? Though since this is getting in the non-topic & forum rules area, it's the last I'll say on the topic. Suffice it to say, Seanbaby needs to update his damn website more.

You can bag on anything you want in the appropriate time and place and I have no problems. Please take a second and realize that maybe most of EGM's readers are kids? Some are kids with Dads in the military. Some are religious people. If I was editor at EGM I'd tell Seanbaby to save his sentiments for his own website. I live in Utah now, and I understand how much some people hate Mormons because I used to be like that. But, I don't stand up for the dickheads who wait outside of LDS temples on couples wedding days and shout epithets at them and throw feces and the like on the bride's dress, even though the government says it's OK because of freedom of speech/expression whatever. I dunno', I'm just not the type to clap and cheer when someone says something intentionally offensive in the media; it's been done so many times it doesn't impress me. But hey, if that's your thing then more power to ya'. Send seanbaby a thank-you card.

This last issue has just really pissed me off though. There's an editor named seanbaby who criticizes all people in the US military as being stupid if they joined post 9/11. The last time he was this much of a douche bag was when he was bagging on religion. I wrote the editor an email about that... and got a lame pre-scripted reply.

Seanbaby is one of a number of reasons why I am no longer subscribed to EGM after 15 years (my last issue was this past winter). For all the times he mocks and ridicules Christ, Christianity, etc., if he did the same thing about any other religious group or individual, he would have been labeled an intolerant bigot and ran out of town. But since he's part of the "mainstream media" and entertainment culture that bashes anything Christian, conservative, Republican, etc., he gets away with it and is even lauded for it. There was an issue of EGM about a year ago covering Guitar Hero II in which they had two polls covering what music people wanted and didn't want in future editions of Guitar Hero. Two of the bands on the "do not want" list was 80's Christian metal band Stryper and of course Creed since a lot of the songs on their three albums have spiritual/Christian undertones. Even though the reality is that Creed was one of the top rock bands of the past decade and I'm sure there are many who would like to see some of their tracks on futur versions of Guitar Hero, it was quite obvious that Seanbaby's bigoted influence was all over that poll.

Funny thing is in one of the last issues of EGM I got, the guy showed how much of a bleeding hypocrite he is. At the time, he was dating a black woman. When reviewing some game or something (can't remember for sure if it was video, a boardgame, or what it was) from the 80's in which some of the characters were colored swapped to represent blacks. The same Seanbaby who is all out there being all tough and in everybody's faces, threatening to beat up bad movie director Uwe Boll in a boxing match, etc. all of a sudden became super hyper sensitive. It was pretty funny to see. :)

As for Seanbaby mocking those in our military, which issue was this in? I would have cancelled my subscription at that point. I have a lot of family, friends, former classmates who served/have served in all branches of our military. I have a possible future in law that is getting ready to head out for a tour of duty in Iraq as I speak. Any of these people, including the women, have a bigger set of balls then that p*ssy Seanbaby will ever have. :p

Last month's issue. I thnk it has Bioshock on the cover.

LOL, are you serious that your feelings got hurt because someone didn't want Stryper or Creed in Guitar hero?

After a little thought, it was inappropriate for me to respond to the religion crap in teh thread, I put it in spoiler type below instead fo deleting it, nothing to hide but contributing to a flame war is in poor form.

Anti-Christian media, LOL they should openly mock all religion IMO, this is the year 2007, superstitions that incite violence are bogus.

Edited by Ghadrack

however, I see that in 2007, making uninformed statements based on rhetoric and propoganda are still in vogue.

Apollo leader was making a statement on the obvious political bent of a writer, you're just making a politcal statement. A pretty immature statement at that.

I won't go any further down that road as it's against the terms of use of the board to have philosophical religious debates, which I think are wholely worthless anyway, but it was invited by a troll type statement about the some vast conspiratorial anti-christian media bent.

Vote with your wallet. I think that Seanbaby section of the mag is pure comedy gold, it's the only reason I stay subscribed.

To each his own.

Apollo Leader, do you get offended by every mean thing somebody says? Especially when that somebody likes to say things for shock value? I'm sure he loves to pus people's buttons and you played right into his hand.

And I'm sorry, but I can see the humor in his Iraq comment. My best friend is currently serving his second tour in Iraq (joined in '03) so enjoy wrapping your head around that.

That Creed thing is hilarious though. Maybe someday they'll make a Guitar Hero Christian Rock Edition for all those people jonesing for their Creed fix.

Okay, hierarchy here:

1. New games are finally coming out (soon)

2. Unfortunately, some of us only get our game information from magazines while sitting on the can

3. EGM everyone agrees is a pretty much suck magazine

4. I mention seanbaby as being an ignoramous, albeit funny at times

5. People declare their undying love for seanbaby because he hates Christians and military personnel

6. Apollo Leader states his opinion, along with some pretty obvious insights, and is immediately (and unfairly) blasted by seanbaby's Mworld hit squad

It's not about getting offended by what someone says. I freaking go to a liberal University, without one single conservative teacher on the staff; I get blasted for my political views almost on a daily basis and am at odds with pretty much the entire campus. I don't b--ch about it because I don't care. But for cryin' out loud, when I pick up a VIDEO GAME MAGAZINE I don't need nor want to read some jackazz telling me that all Christians and conservatives are human waste simply because he thinks so. Once again, this isn't Maxim or something. It's EGM. Seanbaby is as crude and retarded as the stars who hijack awards shows to push their ideology on the world. And if you think he's funny, go to Somethingawful.com, THEY are actually funny. And they don't spew their hatred using a video game mag for cover.

Okay, I'm done, EGM's staff sucks, whatever. Today I foundout (using the internet!) that they've made a Dynasty Warriors 6?! HELL YEAH! Nobody else here but me likes those games probably, but dang, I can't wait to hear about a US release date! There's so much good stuff waiting to be released; for the 1st time in my life I feel sad that I won't get a chance to play all of these gems.

yeah arguing about videogame magazines... too old for that BS lol

Today at the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany, Sony officially announced its multimedia plan for both the PSP and PS3. Collectively called PlayTV, the service will indeed imbue Sony's console with PVR and TV tuner functions, allowing users to record and store live television shows on the PS3's hard drive. The high-definition TV tuner will be two-tiered, allowing users to watch one show while recording another in resolution up to 1080p. Programs can then be transferred onto the PSP for viewing on the go, or viewed remotely via the PS3-to-PSP streaming functionality. PlayTV will also have a seven-day electronic program guide that can be navigated via the Sixaxis game controller.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177242.html?...newstop;title;1

and Super Puzzle Fighter II Remix HD will be on PSN next thursday for 10.00

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177257.html?...newstop;title;3

There will be only one warning here. The political and/or religious discussion needs to stop now. Okey doke? Wait, don't answer that. Just stop.

hurin.gif

Today I foundout (using the internet!) that they've made a Dynasty Warriors 6?!

To get this thread back on track, I'd like to go on record as stating that I like videogames. Very much.

Dynasty Warriors 6? I hadn't heard about that, unless that's what they decided to call Musou Orochi in the States (Musou Orochi is basically Dynasty Warriors vs. Samurai Warriors.)

Well, I've only got time for one Warriors game, and I'm holding off for Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

To get this thread back on track, I'd like to go on record as stating that I like videogames. Very much.

Dynasty Warriors 6? I hadn't heard about that, unless that's what they decided to call Musou Orochi in the States (Musou Orochi is basically Dynasty Warriors vs. Samurai Warriors.)

Well, I've only got time for one Warriors game, and I'm holding off for Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

No no no! This isn't warriors orochi for the 360 and ps2. This is Dynasty Warriors 6, totally revamped next-gen dynasty warriors for ps3... and probably 360 too. The graphics are wicked, the game looks amazing. I guess now you can climb ladders, swim, and who knows what else. I wish I had a link, but I'm sorta' making dinner for the family right now. Look it up on google!

That's embarassing, I actually own the Street Fighter Alpha collection for PS2 but I don't think I ever put it in my Playstation, there have been so many games released the past few years I have ended up collecting them like Macross models, dreaming of a day when I retire or become disabled and can play the backlog.

That's embarassing, I actually own the Street Fighter Alpha collection for PS2 but I don't think I ever put it in my Playstation, there have been so many games released the past few years I have ended up collecting them like Macross models, dreaming of a day when I retire or become disabled and can play the backlog.

Holy crap, I'm not alone. When I hit 80, my azz is sitting on a recliner and my fingers are wrappin' around whatever controller splices into all systems at that point in time. Until I die.

Warriors, warriors, everywhere. And not a sword to stab them with.

I thought I'd add in; they're actually remodeling characters in D6. I mean, completely new looks finally. New weapons. Man, I can't wait.

That's ok, I still haven't even gotten around to playing Xenosaga I (let alone II & III), Dragon Quest VIII, FFXII, Suikoden V, Okami, multiple wild arms, etc. Just don't seem to have the time like I used to.

Yeah, you wanna' talk backlogs, I still haven't finished Ocarina of Time-that's how backed up I am...

I actually got my SFA Anthology (collection) for the PS2 a year ago June and it is still unopened to this day! If you think that's bad, when I got rid of my copy of Ace Combat 5 last weekend, up until that day, it was still unopened from when I got it for Christmas back in 2004! :p

About 2 years ago, you would not believe the collection of video games and systems I had amassed over 17 years. I wish I had taken some pictures of it all so I could make a visual showing of how much I have offloaded in the last two years.