Macross/Gundam mod for Generals Zero Hour

Star Dragon

I was in Walmart like 3 weeks ago and saw Command and Conquer (The First Decade) DVD. Feeling a bit nostalgic (as I only ever played the first one), I decided to buy it and get some retro gaming in and to see how the game had changed since the mid 90's.

WOW! I never knew they had a MODDABLE FPS called Renegade (surprised there isn't a GI Joe mod yet). Generals was awesome and I completely enjoyed playing the USA through the entire campaign.

That was the first weekend, I searched the net for mods and found one called XENOFORCE. This mod adds 3 new generals: The Macross General, The Federation General, and the Zeon General.

As you can imagine you get units from all the various shows.

Personally, the Macross General walks all over the other two no sweat if you keep building you swamp the enemy with gerwalk veritechs!!!!!

Plus you get SDF-1 from startup and get the cannon as a General power. Later you can build battle 7 and get their cannon also and blow the map to hell.

I learned how to extract meshes from the game (all made by Humora and his un-named partner so all credit to them) not only for my own projects, but I have some that definitely will improve the mod (like a better Basara, vf-1a's etc...) Their destroids however are a great boost for me!!!! I love them! I even made some humor posts about the mod.

motivatorParking.jpg

A group of vf-11's

vf11s.jpg

a 19 in Gerwalk mode

vf21g.jpg

a 21 in gerwalk mode

dualvf22.jpg

Batloids shooting infantry

manvmech-1.jpg

I hadn't made a poster for this yet, but probably will say something about bridge weight limits, lol!

sshot052.bmp

Edited by Star Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great mod. It even has Macross music when you are playing.

Just be careful of the Macross Cannon the first time you use it.

Plus my VF-19Kia could not cause defections.

Talk about making an old game fun again. Thanks to the programmer that came up with this.