Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

While all the gnashing of teeth is amusing (in Eugi's pants not withstanding) Yamato's

QC has been pretty damned stellar since the SV-51. Mind you that is when apparently

they figured out that a little more time (3 Months...) to debug is okay when it produces

a much better product.

Has it been confirmed in any way that you can attach the gunpods on the bellyplates without the fastpacks on ?

Look here.

wolfx posted the links awhile back (before the leg issues portion of the thread).

Waiting to buy any new Yamato release has paid off for me. Frankly, I just don't think these toys are worth the initial asking price, as cool as they are. In most cases when I've pre-ordered, I find myself regretting it later because good deals are to be had if I wait. I've been collecting Yamato Macross toys since they first came out, and time has proven that several months after any one has been out, you can usually find them at a more reasonable cost now that they've been out for awhile and the market has dictated how much they will be. Case in point, when the 1/48 Max and Miria reissues came out, I noticed buyers on eBay paying between $400-$500 for the set. I waited for a few months and picked up a pair for $340 shipped. I picked up a virtually new VF-0A Shin with Ghost more than 6 months after it was released for $150 from a member here. He was local, so there was no shipping cost. I think Do Not Disturb's situation was an isolated incident and not typical of most sellers, so I'm not worried that I'm going to get damaged goods by waiting, nor am I worried that if I don't buy a new release when it comes out that they are going to sell out. In most cases, you can still find recent Yamato releases for several months later on eBay. Even the 1st Low Vis was available for awhile until collectors realized how limited it was. And, with the stuff Yamato is putting out in 1/60 scale, chances are good that they will be reissued again, so picking up extras at a reasonable price would be possible in the future since I'm not so pressed to buy more if I have one already unless the price is a good deal. It's tough to look at pics here of a new release and not want to buy it upon release, but my wallet aches as it is with each new release, so waiting for the right time to buy is really important.

*crosses fingers the first release of the 21s are good.*

I'm with you......knock on wood here......I've been lucky thus far.

Had a meeting with Yamato today. One thing of interest I found out is that since the Nora SV-51, Yamato have had a new QC guy on board. I think you will all agree that the QC on the Nora was excellent and a big improvement over the Ivanov. This bodes well for the YF-21. I also should get to mess around with a YF-21 sample soon so I can check for problems before it is released.

Graham

Had a meeting with Yamato today. One thing of interest I found out is that since the Nora SV-51, Yamato have had a new QC guy on board. I think you will all agree that the QC on the Nora was excellent and a big improvement over the Ivanov. This bodes well for the YF-21. I also should get to mess around with a YF-21 sample soon so I can check for problems before it is released.

Graham

wow, that's great news!

Heh, I know the guy that does the boxes and you will make him cry.

Graham

The boxes for the Non-Macross stuff look great. It's just that the box art for the 1/60 is a little...uuhm, uninspired.

Hey maybe we could have a box art designing contest and the winner gets his design used on a future Yamato product. If you'll just tell us all the releases Yamato has planned for the next couple of years I'll get right on it. ;)

Had a meeting with Yamato today. One thing of interest I found out is that since the Nora SV-51, Yamato have had a new QC guy on board.

I've got a good feeling about this one. After all, the new QC guy is BoB...

Excellent by the time they get to the skinny vf-11 there will be no fear of cracking hips.

You're not joking, BOB is the QC guy? I think he should do the reviews too, graham is too slow!

What chances are there of a near prob-free first release 21 and 11 going by this news?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I remember one time when I was young and I bought a VF-11...Played with it till I actually fell asleep from being over joyed and next thing in the morning I found my VF-11 nowhere and it was under the pillow with a broken hip joint. So I left it displayed in fighter mode, however being saddend I broke something I loved so much by sleeping with it* , I bought the VF-11 Fast Pack edition. Love it to heaven and hell!

Anyways, Graham, seeing most pictures from every sources, the YF-21 1/60 seems to be in Flat finish or in Gloss Finish. Is the final production model maintaining a Gloss finish?

Anyways, Graham, seeing most pictures from every sources, the YF-21 1/60 seems to be in Flat finish or in Gloss Finish. Is the final production model maintaining a Gloss finish?

I think we'll see the gloss finish on the production version. The flat finish look is probably due to it being a resin prototype.

At least I hope so :mellow:

i guess thats great news, i hope my pre-ordering the 21 pays off otherwise i'm shunning yamato and selling off all of their toys....seriously. :mellow:

If this pre-order does not go as smoothly as I am now anticipating...then I might be on the same page as you and say forget Yamato....at least until the new 1/60 comes out. I can't imagine that they would have as many QC issues with that one after all this time...well at least I would hope not. If I do say F O to Yamato then I will be purely 1/55's....which I mostly am now.

If I do say F O to Yamato then I will be purely 1/55's....which I mostly am now.

you're actually better off collecting 1/55's since those are actually vintage toys and considered real "collectibles".

people keep saying how yamatos are going to be just like the 1/55's but in reality, these are "manufactured collectibles" specifically produced and sold to the adult market for display purposes. so 30 or 50 years from now these "manufactured collectibles" will still be sitting on someones display shelf in good condition which is not the case for the original 1/55's.

while some yammies might fetch a pretty penny here and there, in reality theres so many of them out there, its not like you're going to have to really hunt theses down 30 years from now, especially considering today, people are still hunting down the 1/55's.

BTW, this is what you get when you watch too many episodes of the antiques road show. :D

you're actually better off collecting 1/55's since those are actually vintage toys and considered real "collectibles".

people keep saying how yamatos are going to be just like the 1/55's but in reality, these are "manufactured collectibles" specifically produced and sold to the adult market for display purposes. so 30 or 50 years from now these "manufactured collectibles" will still be sitting on someones display shelf in good condition which is not the case for the original 1/55's.

while some yammies might fetch a pretty penny here and there, in reality theres so many of them out there, its not like you're going to have to really hunt theses down 30 years from now, especially considering today, people are still hunting down the 1/55's.

BTW, this is what you get when you watch too many episodes of the antiques road show. :D

LMAO.... :lol: ....That is an awesome show though. :ph34r:

Graham

That is awesome news! This news should also bode well for the new VF-1 1/60 as well. :) Makes me glad that I pre-ordered this awesome Valk.

-Kyp

Graham

I have NO pity for the guy that got canned.

Graham

[bW Megatron] Excellent, Yessss....[/bWM]

If BoB is really working there: make the VF-11 joints like the 1/48 vf-1. But do something about chicken hands. If they can't make them beefy and tough give us non-posable ones that look bigger an beefier so that the gunpod is firmly held, along with also giving the perfect transforming ones. It's just a piece of extra plastic FFS. Helps the battroid mode a lot.

The sculpt of the toys is great from yamato, just need to get the QC issue sorted to save their image.

Yeah these may be "collectible" (and be common unlike real vintage toys), but only in the sense of the collectors having more money and willing to pay more, not because they are rare and stuff. Obsessive mecha geeks who never heard of yamato and didn't jump on them when they were first around might some day in future treat these like their chunky munky which is highly sought after and they are too lazy to find and hunt for so they don't mind paying a premium for the convenience of owning one.

I think with the new tv series coming though right now there will be a flood of things coming out so it won't seem like macross has enough of a 'toy drought' to make those collectors feel they own stuff of value yet. But years ago people were complaining there was nothing coming out for macross. It just takes about a half decade before it finally arrives. Once it dies off, then expect those people who are hunting for stuff to start wanting to pay good money for it.

BTW, this is what you get when you watch too many episodes of the antiques road show.

Godzilla's great grandson should appear on that to see how much his valks are worth. "those konig monsters are just magnificent. Where did you find these? I would say they are worth x pounds and judging by thier condition you could proably get more for it now that the trend in transforming robots is long gone. The japanese robots are so rare to find these days and some of the most treasrued toys of past generations. Like some people's teeth you want to protect them from the yellowing. If you could just find the low visibility vf-1 you would be a rich man."

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker