Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Nope, no info in either of the December hobby mags. Of course if you want pics, you could just hack my hard drive. :D

Graham

:lol::lol:

No problem. Being a Macross fan all this years, taught me to practice the virtue of patience ^_^

ROFL. That fake report makes me want to do a cartwheel of laughter. Yeah like Yamato is going to shut down the YF-21 project and not want to make a huge some of money.If they can make one in 1/72 scale years ago a 1/60 with their sculptors and designers in this day in age is MORE than possible. They made the oh so complex SV-51 they can certainly do the same with the 21. Whoever wrote that crap could of at least make it sound "authentic" by actually saying something a little more realistic than committing ritual suicide. What is this the 17th century? Pranksters like that shouldn't deserve to lay a finger on the 21 when it comes out!

Edited by SuperHobo

Well if the joke news announcement looked too real, Yamato might get wind of it, get pissed at Graham again and then no new info for anyone period. :p

Yeah but if that happened Graham would release all the info he just received as a way to get back at Yamato, everyone wins!

It would be short-term "win" and a longterm loss if Graham were to spill the beans due to a second rupture with Yamato. We'd get maybe a year or two worth of info that isn't set in stone. Then after that, nothing. Nada. Zip. And no possibility of ever being able to reconnect with Yamato as they would no longer trust Graham. That isn't to mention any legal matters if Graham has had to sign any legal work promising not to divulge info without authorization.

I want that YF-21 so badly. I look at my YF-19 on my desk and tell myself: "She's lonely and needs a companion."

....... I want that YF-21 so badly. I look at my YF-19 on my desk and tell myself: "She's lonely and needs a companion."

I say something different,

"YF-19, Guld's 21 is a-comin, and gonna lay some serious damage on your ass." :D Get your mind out of the gutter! Not that type of damage...

Well I don't mind if the YF-19 has babies. I'd love a modern YF-19 Joke Machine, if it were possible. :lol: A YF-21 Joke Machine would rock too.

I just hope that Yamato has some awesome trick to make the shoulders disappear in fighter mode, as they do in the lineart...

ROFL. That fake report makes me want to do a cartwheel of laughter. Yeah like Yamato is going to shut down the YF-21 project and not want to make a huge some of money.If they can make one in 1/72 scale years ago a 1/60 with their sculptors and designers in this day in age is MORE than possible. They made the oh so complex SV-51 they can certainly do the same with the 21. Whoever wrote that crap could of at least make it sound "authentic" by actually saying something a little more realistic than committing ritual suicide. What is this the 17th century? Pranksters like that shouldn't deserve to lay a finger on the 21 when it comes out!

and anyone who couldn't tell that the news release was a joke should start wearing a safety helmet when they walk outside... :wacko:

I'm too lazy to read through this entire thread ... so is the news fake, or is the YF-21 going to be released sometime in the future, but someone else posted a fake info on release details?

Thanks in advance ...

:ph34r:

HEY BUDDY GET READY FOR THE BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!!!

the first 1/4 !!! ^_^

Obviously fake, they got the CEO's name completely wrong.

Graham

.... Not to toot my own horn here, but if you read the link carefully, you'll note that even that is fake ... I wrote the whole thing up from my head - inspired by someone else's post where they complained that maybe the 21 was too difficult to produce...

Never thought it would get this much traction :)

VFTF1

Alas! Graham lives, when are you going to hook us up with that 1% of info. I am so anxious to see what your report says.

I think in the short sentences he's already said pretty much covers the 1%.

Like the fact that the magenta parts of the sv-51 are still not changed and might not be in the production version, and that lots of great stuff is coming out to haunt our wallets.

^_^

Might I add My two cents, These guys are sick. Now I have to get a New cabinet to fit all my collection including the YF-21 to complete my MAcross Plus Collection any ideas of where to get one. :wacko:

YF-21 has always kicked ass. I love how it resembles the YF-23(one of my fav jets), and if the toy turns out as solid as the 1/48 VF-1, I will definitely consider picking it up. With the advancements in sculpting and design that Yamato have progressed with since 2000, I bet we will get a sleek fighter mode, retractable landing gear rather than swap, gloss paint on the blue parts, and a fighter that does not look chunky at all. Oh, and 2 gunpods, the gunpods add great armnament and look cool on the underbelly of the fighter alongside the FP's. Heres to hoping those are included.