Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I'm kinda assuming Graham probably saw the prototype or some resin mock up? Since he mentions how sleek it is...Hmm, now where is this mock up that we can see lol!

Wouldn't it be cool if the YF-21 came with a bonus alternate canopy and bonus alternate face from the VF-22? Like they were planning to do with the old 1/72 YF-21 w/FP as seen here: Graham's 1/72 YF-21 w/FP prototype review

You know, just to hold us over until they do a VFX Ravens VF-22S. ;) I know, I know, the VF-22S has different, larger, belly plates to store the gunpods. But, we could always pretend it's the YF-21 Prototype 1 with conventional conrols.

I'm crossing my fingers that Yamato gets it right on the first run. They should really test the hell out of the toy, and oversee things to make sure there's no problems like with the YF-19 first run (crooked gunpod, tight neck, and landing gears not canting outwards), or the batches of SV-51s with identical hinges. I really hope they get it right on the first time, because I don't want to wait for a run with fixes because the first run had problems. :(

If FAST Packs and/or a Fold Booster aren't included with the first release I'll pass and wait for a second release that does include them. I did the same with the 19 and it worked out great AFAIC.

Indeed. I love the YF-21 (my favorite mecha) so much, though it's going to be hard to resist. VF-22S face/head in an add-on could help but without that guarantee, I'll be waiting and hoping.

Lime green+Yellow trim? SUBMIT TO THE SubLYMONal project! lol j/k, you want a scheme like that? I find black on dark red a little better like the new planes in Ace Combat 6.

Any of the M7 colour variants with face/cockpit changes to make it a 22.

Red, blue, black, and i want a white, and uhh... low vis 1 !! ! !! !!

This will be the new 1/48 VF-1 for me, buying multitudes damn you!

And why the f haven't we got anything new for news???

Everything is so slow! No Nora pre-order from hlj.com, no YF-21 news. Bah!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Here's a hypothetical question on the eventual color variation releases: will all the pilots be molded in Guld's knuckles-and-thumbs-connected pose? :huh:

Personnaly, I'd rather have these non-canon pilots look like they're flying the 21 manually.

Personally i think they should get a wriggle on and develop the 22's face plate and just release the 21 as

a limited canon colour release (maybe low vis 1 as well) with the obvious re-issues.

I want my M&Ms VF-22's not a red + blue YF-21.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Personally i think they should get a wriggle on and develop the 22's face plate and just release the 21 as

a limited canon colour release (maybe low vis 1 as well) with the obvious re-issues.

I want my M&Ms VF-22's not a red + blue YF-21.

Yamato doesn't have the license to produce M7 toys AFAIK so that won't happen anyway.

Sorry. :mellow:

Did the vf-22 appear in the vfx 2 games? That might be how they could do it if they have the license. Not sure if that means it's possible to see Gamlin's Black VF-22 from mac7 though. (last I heard they could make it similar to gamlin through a non-canon repaint)

I think changing the face would be an easy mod though..

Yes it did. It's basically a YF-21 colour scheme with whit stripes instead of yellow.

Goody that means we'll see 22 then. Two cockpit types, pilots, faces will mean double the profits for yamato. :D Personally I like the head on both but for different reasons. The 21 looks more robotic and alien for some reason. The 22 head "just looks cooler" and more advanced. (like what VF1J is to VF1A)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think the real problem is printing Macross 7 on the box, not the design and probably not the paint scheme.

Yamato could issue Macross 7 repaints (I think), without advertising it as a Macross 7 toy, but somehow I don't see it happening.

A VFX VF-22 is good enough for me. For those with enough skill or money there's always the custom option :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy