Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I just think the foot thrusters could be useful for boost-assisted 'hopping' as opposed to hover. (backpack thruster in battroid mode could handle most of the work)

So while it hops in the air using the backthrusters, (in battroid mode) the feet thrusters kind of guide the jump or slow it to absorb the shock from a fall. (just enough power to slow down as opposed to hover. The legs would be in a position to act as counter thrust for corrections in mid jump)

I would love to see that detail put on the toy. I bet it has smallish hands though. Hopefully these (and the wrists they are attached to) will be strong enough to grip the gunpods properly.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Here you guys go. A better view of the 21's under foot.

Looks like a Macross/UNSpacy "Buster"(#) Vernier tucked up in a focusing bell the arch.

I would think it would help with ballancing in Gerwalk, and battloid, especially while in space.

(#) Buster as in "I ain't afraind of no ghost", basically those little circles with the

lines through them that are verniers all ove rthe VF-1.)

You know...

I've noticed something that keeps coming up every so often in posts - both in this thread and in others...

Namely this "my wallet will kill me" or "my wallet will have a heart attack" thing...

And I just realized something.

I don't have a wallet.

I hate wallets.

I never carried a wallet and don't plan on it.

I don't understand where people fit their wallets?

I mean - in the inner chest pocket of my overcoat? It looks bloated then...

In my pants? It makes my pants sag down to one side...

Wallets get in the way. Wallets are no good.

And no wallet is going to tell me how to spend my money!

VFTF1

You know...

I've noticed something that keeps coming up every so often in posts - both in this thread and in others...

Namely this "my wallet will kill me" or "my wallet will have a heart attack" thing...

I don't have a wallet.

I hate wallets.

VFTF1

I don't own a wallet either, i got one of those flash yuppie steeley credit card holders. Wallets are so 1980's.

Yes, they DO sag pants. Wallets are good for Car Cash holders i spose, living in the glove box.

I have a wallet, but we have a mutual agreement in place, overseen by Credit Card. Credit Cards job is to make sure Wallet never see's just what amounts of money never make it to its cushiony depths. Every so often I leave wallet out in the toy room, and it glares at me accusingly, soeeing all the toys it's sure itwas never involved in the purchasing of....

You know...

I don't have a wallet.

I hate wallets.

VFTF1

That was great!! :lol:

Chris

P.S. Does a wife count as a wallet? cause if so I may have to re-evaluate my agrement to that statement....checks over shoulder to see if she is there.... :ph34r:

Thanks Mr. March for the scans. I think the shoulder pad thing is ingenious...if not abit dangerous during transformation. But hey....they did the YF-19 bicep joint pretty durable.....so i can't see why not this shoulder joint. Lets just hope it won't suffer the VF-0 shoulder syndrome.

nah, those aren't nearly so smooth and seamline free. The yf-21 looks kinda like the hasegawa kit but the fuselage seems a little too stretched out.

I'm assuming by 1/100 scale you're referring to:

nobumaru2007-img600x450-1187033310d.jpg

Edited by eugimon

Yeah, the -21 looks sort of stubby, from certain angles. (Top, mainly.) In other orientations (like the one in the photo above) it looks great. (In that photo, I'd say the -21 is better-looking.)

The -19 looks good from any angle though. :D

~Luke

Yeah, the -21 looks sort of stubby, from certain angles. (Top, mainly.) In other orientations (like the one in the photo above) it looks great. (In that photo, I'd say the -21 is better-looking.)

The -19 looks good from any angle though. :D

~Luke

I'm generally a bigger fan of the 19 than the 21, but the 19 has angles that are less than flattering too. It can look chunky in the rear from certain perspectives. Now the VF-11....that's a pretty fighter mode IMO.

I'm generally a bigger fan of the 19 than the 21, but the 19 has angles that are less than flattering too. It can look chunky in the rear from certain perspectives. Now the VF-11....that's a pretty fighter mode IMO.

I think so as well. The YF-19 side scematic isn't very flattering, IMO. That angle is definitely superior on the YF-21. But honestly, I'm in love with both designs. It'd be very hard to choose a favorite, though my tendancy to cheer for the underdog probably tips the YF-21 a little higher, hahaha :)

But honestly, I'm in love with both designs. It'd be very hard to choose a favorite,

Same here. And you can throw the VF-11 and SV-51 into that category for me too. It's very difficult for me to pick a favorite from those four designs. I love them all. And the VF-0 is right behind.