Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I f^cking love Macross. SCrew waiting for the 2nd release, i don't know how you can do it you guys.

This is THE Valk. Nothing beats the YF-21... NOTHING.

yeah, I love the yf-21. I just can't wait for this thing to come out.

I want to buy 5. I can't fit any more in my cabinent. But i'm still going to buy 5. Stuff it.

1 Fighter

2 Battroid

3 Guardian

4 Fighter with Fold

5 one for multiple transformation cycles (i.e. my play copy)

I may just buy another separate display cabinent for the 21.

As much as I love the YF-21 and 19, the VF-11 will be the 'multiple purchase Valk' for me. There was only one YF-19 in the anime and only one YF-21, so that's how much will be on my shelf. The VF-11, however, was canon fodder, so I can buy as many of those as I want. If Yamato make the VF-19A and the VF-22, I'll get those, but there will only be one dark blue with yellow stripes YF-21, and one beige with red and black details YF-19 for me.

As much as I love the YF-21 and 19, the VF-11 will be the 'multiple purchase Valk' for me. There was only one YF-19 in the anime and only one YF-21, so that's how much will be on my shelf. The VF-11, however, was canon fodder, so I can buy as many of those as I want. If Yamato make the VF-19A and the VF-22, I'll get those, but there will only be one dark blue with yellow stripes YF-21, and one beige with red and black details YF-19 for me.

I'd get a multiples of the VF-11 as well, if only because I find the accessories for it much more compelling than those of the yf-19 or 21. I like the look of the old school FAST packs. Something about big fraking boosters strapped to the back of the fighter just makes me all happy and shiny.

Well if they do make a VF-11 I hope it has the B and C versions Gunpods as well as the Full Armor Set released later. As for the YF-21 I cant wait to see how the prototypes look and this just spead up the urgency for me to get my YF-19 and fold booster set. Good timing as I will be taking a new job soon earning twice what I earn now but luckily my bills wont increase which equals more $ for Macross goods :)

Not allowed to say anything, but I don't think I'll get in trouble if I say it's sleek and the landing gear works real well.

Graham

That's just... so awesome. It's the awesome of awesomeness knowing your opinion on something we all wanted to know

and the fact that you have a way of knowing something we "can't" know until your allowed to tell us is just sweetness.

Thankyou G-Man.

haha... you win, you love the yf-21 more than me.

... I just realized, I'm not a fan of the yf-21 gerwalk mode. :o

One must appreciate every angle of the most kick ass Valk to date. You WILL find an angle of the YF-21's Gerwalk that

will look cool to pose... and now i just realized i said Guardian instead of Gerwalk...

I ALWAYS DO THAT! CUrse you RT! CURSE YOU!!!!!!!! :angry:

No doubt the VF-11 is awesome, i will probably get 2 (maybe 3) as they would bring out the armour for it (hopes). Maybe

the Trans-atmospheric Booster too. That would be filth. But the YF-21 goes off more. I still think Isamu could not take

out the Ghost by himself. But we will never know. Guld had the x-factor. Guld, R.I.P you f'n legend.

I'd get a multiples of the VF-11 as well, if only because I find the accessories for it much more compelling than those of the yf-19 or 21. I like the look of the old school FAST packs. Something about big fraking boosters strapped to the back of the fighter just makes me all happy and shiny.

lol, me too.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm quite sure the YF-21 will be a pretty light valk compared to previous releases. (not sure if its gonna be lighter than SV-51 though) This valk will be quite a challenge to make for it to be able to stand and hold a pose. <_<

Getting my 1/72 YF-21 to stand in either battroid or gerwalk mode was a nightmare that took an hour or so. >_<

I'm not worried about it so much, i think using a display stand of some sought is almost a necessity for large scale battroids/mecha.

Most of the ultra cool poses are impossible to portay on two feet, the feeling of motion and balance of a "impossible" pose

can only be seen with an invisible wall to lean on, or a invisible prod to position it. Now worries. :D

As long as it can stand on it's own 2 feet in a normal standing pose that's all i expect.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I want a larger tail fin with minimized gap between them and the arms.

The YF-21 has to have some larger tailfins. It won't be a problem cause they are external and double as bulletproof shields.

I f^cking love Macross. SCrew waiting for the 2nd release, i don't know how you can do it you guys.

This is THE Valk. Nothing beats the YF-21... NOTHING.

I beg to differ. :p VF-19S and VF-17s rock even more. I have no doubt that it will be a future project in the long run.

haha... you win, you love the yf-21 more than me.

... I just realized, I'm not a fan of the yf-21 gerwalk mode. :o

Yeah it blows. Fighter and Battroid are the only important ones.

Atmosphere and also Space FAST Packs....VF-11 has a LOT of accessories, plus the fully armoured version that DEFINITELY won't be able to hold that big fracking gun.

Edited by kensei

I still need to watch Macross 7 Kensei, so i guess i am biased to the 21 so far. :p

Atleast i have watched Zero now lol. :p And i rate the Zero's effectiveness higher than the VF-1, and even VF-11. :o

But that's only going by screen time. :p (without watching M7)

lol now that i mention screen time for Valks, don't get me going on M II Valks. hahah.

Siren was the only one that went off. Everything in that OVA got wasted. It was pathetic.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

VF-17 has a 7 barrel gunpod man, can't beat that. :D

But the YF-21 is different enough. Like the SV-51 and YF-19, I WILL enjoy this cause it is different from the VF-1.

WOW!! this thread exploded!!! Cool news!! Still want a PROPER VF-11 though. I still need to get the SV-51 too. Damn, to much expensive cool stuff comming out. :(

Chris

A quick question about the YF-21.

In Macross Plus Movie Edition, Guld shoots down the X-9 instead of ramming it. Did General Galaxy ever salvaged the remains of the 21 even though it was beyond repairs or did everybody let it drift in Earth's orbit ?

In Macross Plus Movie Edition, Guld shoots down the X-9 instead of ramming it. Did General Galaxy ever salvaged the remains of the 21 even though it was beyond repairs or did everybody let it drift in Earth's orbit ?

AFAIR, some how Guld jettison the limbs and disable the delimiter of YF-21, both of the craft somehow exceeded their physical limits and burn in the atmosphere.

Based on speculation, the remains might be beyond repairs. It is possible that UN Spacy has collected enough of data to create production model since they also have blue prints. The SuperNova project is almost finish. But was cut short to make way to create unmanned craft. Not mistaken, another splinter of UN Spacy uses SuperNova "incidents" to cancel the project.

YF-21 will be a nice addition ^_^

AFAIR, some how Guld jettison the limbs and disable the delimiter of YF-21, both of the craft somehow exceeded their physical limits and burn in the atmosphere.

Based on speculation, the remains might be beyond repairs. It is possible that UN Spacy has collected enough of data to create production model since they also have blue prints. The SuperNova project is almost finish. But was cut short to make way to create unmanned craft. Not mistaken, another splinter of UN Spacy uses SuperNova "incidents" to cancel the project.

YF-21 will be a nice addition ^_^

I hope they allow the toy to do that. Have detachable limbs for a "guld's last stand" moment.

I hope they allow the toy to do that. Have detachable limbs for a "guld's last stand" moment.

And then all we need is a Ghost!

Edited by kensei

1. Looks better than the 1/72 in all 3 modes

2. Stable in all 3 modes

3. No assembly or design problems that require effort on the User Side to correct (ie DIY mods/repairs, ordering new parts)

4. No sloppy paint apps or off-center tampo printing

If the 21 can't at least accomplish the 4 points listed above, then we'll have been yamatoed. And don't worry about the detachable limbs. If they're made of cheap Thin ABS plastic like on other yamatos they'll surely be detachable ......

Actually he does ram it. He shoots at it with lasers after jettisoning the limbs, which is an mistake they made since the lasers are located in the arms he jettisoned. :p

There were two YF-21s built. The one we saw, and one with a conventional control system.

The macross compendium doesn't say whether or not they let it drift, but it definitely was beyong repair:

"Irreparable damage of YF-21 prototype No. 2 with loss of pilot in subsequent battle with Ghost X-9 unmanned fighter over Macross City during the Sharon Apple Incident."

Macross Compendium YF-21 entry

Ouch, Dante that hurt man. :( I recently joined the club of VF-0 owners with "detacheable" arms. I hope that the YF-21 won't be engineered to have detacheable arms on purpose or by accident. :p LOL or they could make it like those old Crash Test Dummies toys, press a button and the arms and legs pop off. :lol:

edit: just to clear things up, the pop-off limbs was a joke. I really don't want detacheable limbs. More stuff that can break.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Actually he does ram it. He shoots at it with lasers after jettisoning the limbs, which is an mistake they made since the lasers are located in the arms he jettisoned. :p

There were two YF-21s built. The one we saw, and one with a conventional control system.

The macross compendium doesn't say whether or not they let it drift, but it definitely was beyong repair:

"Irreparable damage of YF-21 prototype No. 2 with loss of pilot in subsequent battle with Ghost X-9 unmanned fighter over Macross City during the Sharon Apple Incident."

Macross Compendium YF-21 entry

Ouch, Dante that hurt man. :( I recently joined the club of VF-0 owners with "detacheable" arms. I hope that the YF-21 won't be engineered to have detacheable arms on purpose or by accident. :p LOL or they could make it like those old Crash Test Dummies toys, press a button and the arms and legs pop off. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't really think the detachable limbs gimmic is/will be a good idea.

Think about it, people are still hot off the arms on the VF-0's.

If you make the toy able to drop its limbs you run the chance of a very LARGE QC issue.

You know like I do it is possible to do it and do it well.

But if any of you guys get one with a faulty limb connection there would be hell to pay. . .

Edited by DARKWIND