Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Woa!! nice!! I hope they really do a good job at it...

here's a pic of the VF-22 with fold booster

That's even more sex toy shaped then the YF-19's booster. :blink:

Cheers for the info guys, I guessed it must have had one, I just didn't recall one being shown.

That's great news Graham.

Now my wallet is really hurting. I do hope that it comes with the fold booster and fast parts one the 1st release.

Can I be officially recognized now for my startling prescient abilities?

Yeah yeah yeah. :lol::rolleyes:

Hey wait--is the Sv-51 even out yet?!?! There has to be some sort of "wallet recovery time" between releases...

Yeah I reckon. Seeing as they will release a CF version soon too.

33 cms oooooooooooooooooooooooo *starts multiple YF-21 purchases fund*

Make it perfect Yamato! I'll buy 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAD tells little? lol hows the side on view look G-Man? ;) nice and sleek???

I don't care, you haters hear me now! YF-21 is coming!!!!!! Bring on the bulge! :p

I'll get 7! 4 with FAST Packs please.

Yeah VF-22 conversion pieces would be sweet but doubt it, a VF-22 would get it's own separate release, would be nice tho.

FP's should be released with it from the get go. With '2' Gunpods!

Fold armor Pack could include '1' Fold (with connector housings) and Defence Sattelite debris for supriseisamudisplay. :lol:

Prefer them to release a Fold + YF-21 pack around the same time. Get one of those combo packs and just buy multitudes

of the standalone YF-21 release (with FPs).

I reckon they should make a YF-21 FP set with a Ghost included. Then I would pay the price for the YF-19 FP set.

All hail eugimon the prophet!! ^_^ Could you at the same time do more probbing into graham's mind? :rolleyes:

Tks for the great news graham, as again will wait for the 2nd version before getting it. Think the Gman, did not only see the YF-21, he may have also saw the VF-11*..cough cough :ph34r:

Don't give eugi too much praise. C'mon! It was logic. :p VF-11 will definitely show up soon, unless they are having troubles designing it.

Yeah I reckon. Seeing as they will release a CF version soon too.

Says who?! Did I miss something? :blink:

VF-11 will definitely show up soon, unless they are having troubles designing it.

The YF-21 uses more anime magic than any other VF. If they can get that right, a VF-11 should be easy. I've always thought of the VF-11 as a mix of YF-19 and YF-21 design elements. Any lessons learned from designing the 19 and 21 will make the VF-11 an easy score for Yamato.

Says who?! Did I miss something? :blink:

I say. Cause I am also a prophet. :p

VF-0 came out with Shin, CF and Roy.

You really think the SV-51 will end with Nora?

Notice the length of the nose and the seem lines, me thinks they will be using the same, or similar, transformation method as the old WF exclusive, maybe they are basing the sculpt off it, sweet.

YEA!! [Feints with happiness] As cool as the 51 is the YF-21 is my all tme fav for valk designs. This makes my year :) And if it's to be released in first quarter 2008 that means a march release date at the latest :)

Due to my Fei-Yen collection, I believe I have more pink mecha than any other color. :) I actually plan to skip Ivanov and only buy Nora's.

PS--excluding Transformers, they don't count.

LOL, my better half was just commenting on how many "Girly Robots" I had while looking at all the Fei-Yen's on my shelf the other night. I just picked up the most recent blue one a few weeks ago, but haven't built her yet.

I also predict a VF-X2 VF-22S version of this. And a Raven's VF-19A should surely be around the corner soon.

Tell me Graham, is she too fat or thin? I don't like it either way.

At least this time, Yamato made the wings seem a little bigger.

Edited by kensei

I also predict a VF-X2 VF-22S version of this. And a Raven's VF-19A should surely be around the corner soon.

Tell me Graham, is she too fat or thin? I don't like it either way.

At least this time, Yamato made the wings seem a little bigger.

Stop nosing in on my racket man! :p

ohhhhh i hope they release this with FAST packs.... unlike the 19 with the fold booster... the 21 doesn't have a lot of extra parts for the FAST packs to sell seperately.... at least i think so...

WOO! YF-21! Awesome! :D

My joy is just a slight bit dampened from my recent VF-0A shoulder break. Man, I really hope they don't have any engineering problems or major QC issue with this one.

Bring on the VFX2 VF-22S and the VF-11! After a break for our wallets... :p

Anyone have any ideas how the gunpods will attach without making either the valkyrie or the gunpods look funny?

So the roller coaster ride begins yet again. Must give credit to Yamato to keep the Macross perfect change line going but can we not use green for the fold again - it is just so ugly....

So the roller coaster ride begins yet again. Must give credit to Yamato to keep the Macross perfect change line going but can we not use green for the fold again - it is just so ugly....

But it's anime accurate my good man :)

I'm so happy I can't believe it. The YF 21 1/72 is my favorite Yamato toy yet despite it's flaws (not that it has too many). A 21 in 1/60 scale given the experience Yamato already has on this particular design and the great kits out there can only mean that the 21 is going to be one hell of a toy.

Hey Graham, can you tell us anything about the actual prototype other than "it looks great"? Like how does the landing gear works, how sleek it is from the side and if it has any gimmicks? :)

Now this is good news to come home from work to. (Mind you, it does mean I need to get my skates on and scramble up the money for a -19. Can't have one competitor around without the other really).

Funny to think that a couple of days ago I was watching Mac Plus and thinking about how much the -21 has grown on me over the years. I think I need to start looking at a procurement fund to pick this up in due course.

Now that we've got the whippersnappers out of the way, when do they announce the VF-11 eh?

Karl

Now that we've got the whippersnappers out of the way, when do they announce the VF-11 eh?

Karl

According to st.Eugimon's prophecies we'll get a MacZero release after the YF-21 so it'll probably be another year before we see a VF-11. ^_^

Edited by Dante74

i think the yamato 1/72 design wasn't so bad, just that it was so FAT...I'm extremely curious as to how Yamato solved this?'

perhaps self collapsing folding leggs to fit on the belly??

Edited by Valkyrie addict