Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

The cat is out of the bag (finally). The first CAD lineart scans of the upcoming Yamato 1/60 scale YF-21 are being shown in the new September issues of both Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazine. The same fighter mode plan view is shown in both magazines. Attached is a scan of the Hobby Japan article.

Release is due for first quarter 2008. The CAD art actually tells very little. Trust me on this when I say it looks great.

Graham

post-11-1185258446_thumb.jpg

Trust me on this when I say it looks great.

Graham

Meaning you've allready seen a prototype right. Bastid!!!1

Can I be officially recognized now for my startling prescient abilities?

You, my friend, deserve a custom title.

Where do I sign up for my pre order?

... yet another cycle begins....

fanboys excited about the news, until the release of the toy, fanboys disappointed with quality. :wacko:

I used to be in these cycles. I'm just fed up with Yamato's quality control issues... it's just too early for me to celebrate.

Sweet news. Gotta start my YF-21 fund now. (Dang i'm gonna have to get a 1/60 YF-19 then to complete the pair) Oh well.

Anyone wanna buy an old beat up 1/72 YF-21 in a next year for a very overpriced amount? :lol:

Hey wait--is the Sv-51 even out yet?!?! There has to be some sort of "wallet recovery time" between releases...

sv-51 should be out soon, and the yf-21 isn't coming out till 2008. so that's plenty of recovery time. unless you're planning on getting the nora type as well.

33 cms oooooooooooooooooooooooo *starts multiple YF-21 purchases fund*

Make it perfect Yamato! I'll buy 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAD tells little? lol hows the side on view look G-Man? ;) nice and sleek???

I don't care, you haters hear me now! YF-21 is coming!!!!!! Bring on the bulge! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

glad to hear the news . Now that its confirmed will it come with a bunch of accessories or am i going to have to buy 2 or 3 different versions? and there better not be any QC issues .

I wonder if they will make a fast pack set for it too with a cockpit attachement or replacement pieces to convert it to a VF-22.

Yeah VF-22 conversion pieces would be sweet but doubt it, a VF-22 would get it's own separate release, would be nice tho.

FP's should be released with it from the get go. With '2' Gunpods!

Fold armor Pack could include '1' Fold (with connector housings) and Defence Sattelite debris for supriseisamudisplay. :lol:

Prefer them to release a Fold + YF-21 pack around the same time. Get one of those combo packs and just buy multitudes

of the standalone YF-21 release (with FPs).

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Can I be officially recognized now for my startling prescient abilities?

oh.

and.

WOOHOO!

All hail eugimon the prophet!! ^_^ Could you at the same time do more probbing into graham's mind? :rolleyes:

Tks for the great news graham, as again will wait for the 2nd version before getting it. Think the Gman, did not only see the YF-21, he may have also saw the VF-11*..cough cough :ph34r:

Edited by recon

sv-51 should be out soon, and the yf-21 isn't coming out till 2008. so that's plenty of recovery time. unless you're planning on getting the nora type as well.

Due to my Fei-Yen collection, I believe I have more pink mecha than any other color. :) I actually plan to skip Ivanov and only buy Nora's.

PS--excluding Transformers, they don't count.

Your assuming FP's as a separate release, i hope your wrong.

David- I actually plan to skip Ivanov and only buy Nora's.

But what if it's QC problem free? I'm torn between getting Ivanov's and waiting for Nora's, as they both go off in the OVA.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The FP's for this design aren't that big so I see them being included unless Yamato have something suitably impressive to bundle with the FP's in order to justify a seperate sale.

My wish would be for a ghost fighter, it's non gimmicky but would be cool as hell to have.

The X-9 Ghost packed with the YF-21? Interesting, But i'd rather have te X-9 by itself, or packed with the

heavy arms platform the YF-19 uses... but meh. The Ghost X-9 is more of a YF-21 thing.

Just how big is the Ghost X-9 compared to the MZero's Ghost Drone? Isn't it larger?

Even the non-canon MZero Ghost Drone got it's own box, and i am sure the X-9 is larger than that.

What about the YF-21's Fold, i can't see anything else being released with the 21's Fold.

I spose they could always do the Heavy Arms Platform up so it can fit the YF-19 AND the YF-21! That would kick ass.

And why not, why would the 19 only get to play with the Heavy Arms.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've seen M+ a number of times and I don't remeber the YF-21 having a fold booster, did I just miss it?

it isn't shown on screen, but since guld follows isamu to earth, and since the yf-21 doesn't have an on-board fold booster, we can assume it can also accept the fold booster.

I'm hoping yamato follows its own lead on the SV-51 and just releases the yf-21 with FP and fold booster.