MW Con 07 pics and recap

Well my hat's off to Kirith for accepting the torch of hosting MWCon this year. I'm glad someone competent took over. Kirith passes with flying colors.

Lots of activities and I think a lot of people had fun. Also thanks for taking one for the team and buying the keyboard that Mari Ijima needed for her performance.

Mari's gig stretched out a bit with lengthy conversation and explanation of her current life's trials and tribulations. Which rushed the poker tournament a bit. So that some of the planned activities were ran simultaneously. For instance, xstoys display and explanation of his massive poster collection. The custom contest was also judged and awarded during the poker tourney. There were supposed to be some video game tournaments but they sort of went by the wayside due to a lack of enough participants.

Here are only a few pictures I took. other have much more and I encourage them to share.

Jasonc's wonderful custom 1/55 elintseeker.

dsc00662lh0.jpg

Nightmareb4macross' Monster Munny custom, with destroid support. as well as his 1/48 fan racer.

dsc00667cy3.jpg

Here is a a good idea of what xstoys brought this year to show. look thru this pic very carefully. there are a lot of rare items such as customs, prototypes and just plain rare stuff. It will take a couple times.

dsc00677hu8.jpg

yes, thanx Bee! damn good job man! Like I told everybody else, next year we'll have to have the next MWcon at the long beach convention center or even anaheim convention center! Lol. It was good to see some familiar faces and some new ones as well. Hope you all had a good time. :lol::D^_^

Hey Bee,

Thanks for putting the Con together. Everything went soooo well, I had an awesome time.

It was really great to see and reconnect with a lot of people there.

Also, a special thanks goes out for Mari for singing the DYRL theme song and signing autographs. Thanks, Mari.

Alex ^_^

PS. Hope to see more attendees, collections, customs, and what not at next year's con.

Yeah, Kiririth did a great job and the location was perfectly suited for the con.

Here's the basic rundown of events.

Check in, meet and greet other members (although I didn't really get a chance to meet new people) and some last minute set up

Screening of the subtitled DYRL TV special that was shown about 4 years ago unsubtitled at that year's MWcon. Ask Solscud about getting a copy.

Mari Ijima's performance. I think she did 5 songs. 2 old. 2 new. 1 Macross

Poker tournament - Which I just happen to win. haha

xstoys showing of his poster collection with a lot of rare pieces

xstoys exhibition of his custom 1/55 VF-1D still in progress since the last time but with damn cool features

video games through out the day in the "media" room

custom contest - Nightmareb4Macross's Monster Munny won, 2nd to hirohawa's Blue roses custom, 3rd to Jasonc, honorable mention to Orguss

It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of new faces...at least new to me. If I have any of the info wrong, someone who knows better should chime in.

As usual, seeing the rare pieces of xstoys stuff is great. B))

On that note, can anyone tell me what the Strike Valk with the small type is? I haven't seen that before. (To the immediate left of the Tread combo pack.) Is that a "single pack" of some sort?

I cant remember exactly. It is some european KO I think. I know it is a KO. no fast pack armor at all. just the valk. ask xstoys to clarify

It was my pleasure to host this year's con and i'm glad everyone had fun. I was so busy trying to set up everything that i barely had time to check out the cool stuff that was brought and participate in the con.

Thank you to everyone that registered and came to the con. I hope everyone was decently satisfied with the event, although i wish i could have done so many things differently. If i do host the con again next year, things will be a lot bigger and better and more organized. Sorry to those that arrived early and were patient enough to hang out while things were still being set up.

And my thanks to everyone that helped setup, take down stuff and help run registration and pick up stuff. Here's my list of people i give my props to.

Ricky and Mindy - thanks for bringing your video game gear and stuff and helping me set up and take stuff down to the very end. You guys are always awesome

The usual suspects - Danny, Pat, George, Nick, Alex.... thanks for picking up pizza and drinks and other random stuff we needed for the con... i also appreciate everyone kicking my butt in poker

EXO - thanks for heading back to your house.... TWICE to bail me out and getting a keyboard stand and Microphone stand for Mari to sing on... hehe... sorry i made you pay for the con and you worked it!!!

Dennis and Christina - Thanks for taking pictures and helping with registration.

Tony - Your collection is jaw-dropping which you i'm sure you take great pride in.... thanks for being the 1st one there to set up your display... MWcon wouldn't be the same without Tony's stuff for people to stare at all day.... keep bringing it!!!

Shawn - We wouldn't be putting on a MWcon if you didn't keep this place alive. Thank you!

Customs/display people - Thanks to Tommy Yune, Egan Loo, Ryver (agentghq), Jason (Jasonc), Alex (nightmare), Steve (hirohawa) Thomas (orguss), for actually bringing stuff to show off and display for everyone to see.... much appreciated!!!

MajorTom - for selling me cool stuff as well as other macross goodies to those in attendance.. =]

Prize Donators - JasonC, Sean (YellowLightman), Mindy, Tommy, EXO... Thanks for being so generous and giving prizes this year...

Mari - Thanks for being a sport and waiting for all the sound equipment to arrive... good performance and thanks for signing everyone's stuff... hope you had a good time =]

All attendees! - Big thanks to all those that came to support and enjoy the con... I think everyone agreed that this is the biggest con we've put on so hopefully you guys keep coming back to share that Macross love....

those destroids are NightmareB4Macross'.... excellent work on those and the monster munny!!

For anyone else that attended... Please post as many pics of the event as you can here.... i didn't take too many pics although i should have... i'll post some of the ones i have in a bit

Nice pics ^_^

Thanks Kiririth for organizing this successful event, and everyone who pitch in and help out.

It was great seeing everyone at the con. I'm looking forward to the next gathering :lol:

Much props to Kiririth for putting together a great con. We (two friends and myself) had a good time. I just wish I coulda stayed longer. Mari was wonderful, hope she comes back next year. I bought four of those SD keychains from Major Tom, all I need now is Max's VF-1J to complete the set. Let me know if you get it Tom. To Solscud, thanks for the awesome MWCon T-shirt and for getting the Macross DYRL TV Special subbed, did you past out copies at the con? Cuz I didn't get one, I'll pay cash money if needed. Thanks to everyone who made the con possible.

[quote name='mechatek' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:09 AM' post='501134]

I bought four of those SD keychains from Major Tom, all I need now is Max's VF-1J to complete the set. Let me know if you get it Tom. /quote]

It was you....why i oughtaaaaa......well i guess if ya snooze ya looze..

Hey Tom dont forget I need the SDF1..thanks..

EDIT:which 1's did you get????just curious, not a buy offer.

Edited by orguss01

Much props to Kiririth for putting together a great con. We (two friends and myself) had a good time. I just wish I coulda stayed longer. Mari was wonderful, hope she comes back next year. I bought four of those SD keychains from Major Tom, all I need now is Max's VF-1J to complete the set. Let me know if you get it Tom. To Solscud, thanks for the awesome MWCon T-shirt and for getting the Macross DYRL TV Special subbed, did you past out copies at the con? Cuz I didn't get one, I'll pay cash money if needed. Thanks to everyone who made the con possible.

Yeah they were 2 bucks for the con version. You might want to wait for the full thing. the Con version jsut has the funny commercials edited out. The full thing is 90% ready. I am gonna change some of the content. Like take out one supplemental interview of Samurai Monkey and add 30 mins of video from Wonderfest when I went in 2003. trust me everyone should experience wonderfest in some way and pictures just dont cut it..

Nice animation cels displayed, were those from various members or was it just one member with that collection?

I think most of those cells were brought by Tommy Yune and Egan Loo.... haha... and there was no group picture taken this year.....i think it would have been difficult with the amount of people there...

Edited by kiririth

It is a shame I missed it! I will try to come up for it next year.

Hey Los, you coming up to comic con this year? Let me know when and what days if you wanted to meet up with us.