1/18/08 Cloverfield

he doesnt say lion, he says alive.

also he cant be a big budget movie, because this only will have a 20-30million budget.

The trailer is on quicktime.com now. Sounds like, "I saw it, it's a lion, it's huge!" to me. Though, it could easily be " I saw it, it's alive and it's huge."

Edited by eugimon

Okay.

How could it be a secret?

Hundreds of people work on movies. Some one, out there some were knows something. They might not know it all but nothing a secret,

info on this will leak eventually, it always does. remember how early on we had that image of bumblebee?

this trailer has only been out for a week or so, just give it some time.

I'm rather enjoying all the little things like the EthanHaasWasRight.com, the website with the two photos, even the Parasite webpage that links back to that small tossing games site with the odd forum posts about a guy looking to get in touch with his old friend Ethan (I still can't figure out if the entire site is just a mockup for the movie hype, or if it's an actual games store that happens to have some relation to whoever is doing the Ethan Haas stuff.), and all the little puzzles and conspiracy theories. Though, the silliest thing is still the people trying to say the photo with the two girls has something mysterious in the background. (Protip: It's hair.)

I think the funniest thing about this was listening to the reactions in the threatre. "that looks fracking cool" "what's it called, I didn't see what it was called" "it was Bad Robot didn't you see?" "No I think Bad Robot is the production company" "No man the movie has to be called Bad Robot, I didn't see another title"

it was Funny as all heck.

Well, whatever it is - it's got me hook line and sinker, for now.... i spent the better part of my working day today googling this and trying to solve the (3rd stage) puzzle....

Cthulu or Voltron - bring it on baby - woo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, whatever it is - it's got me hook line and sinker, for now.... i spent the better part of my working day today googling this and trying to solve the (3rd stage) puzzle....

Cthulu or Voltron - bring it on baby - woo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, they got me too. What ever movie this is, there marketing strategy is working.

I forget if I'd mentioned it here or not but:

http://www.parasitemovie.com/

I found this a while ago and recently found my way back. The site has completely changed though. It was a lot more subtle when I first found it. There was nothing at all directly linking this site to Cloverfield or the trailer, now they mention both with links right on the main page.

Also, the tossing games site linked at the bottom of the page appears to be a mockup. A very elaborate mockup, but unless I'm missing the obvious there is no way to actually post in the forum. When I found the site, the original post had nothing giving itself away as corporate advertising. No link to any trailer or anything, just a guy asking about his old friend Ethan when he mistook the site admin for someone else he knew.

Also, the Parasite site itself, when I first saw it, it looked far more like a website for a low budget B movie, completely with cheap, rubber looking monster. No city skyline or anything like that. The page was mostly shades of red and orange.

Combined with this "Van" character from the Ethan Haas videso, who appears tied to Cloverfield from posts made in the IMDB forum, I'd say the evidence is leaning towards the Ethan Haas stuff definitely being related.

Paramount no longer seems to be having anything removed from YouTube, so I couldn't find out for certain if they had removed the Haas stuff before, but, man...the evidence is compelling if you ask me.

I forget if I'd mentioned it here or not but:

http://www.parasitemovie.com/

I found this a while ago and recently found my way back. The site has completely changed though. It was a lot more subtle when I first found it. There was nothing at all directly linking this site to Cloverfield or the trailer, now they mention both with links right on the main page.

Also, the tossing games site linked at the bottom of the page appears to be a mockup. A very elaborate mockup, but unless I'm missing the obvious there is no way to actually post in the forum. When I found the site, the original post had nothing giving itself away as corporate advertising. No link to any trailer or anything, just a guy asking about his old friend Ethan when he mistook the site admin for someone else he knew.

Also, the Parasite site itself, when I first saw it, it looked far more like a website for a low budget B movie, completely with cheap, rubber looking monster. No city skyline or anything like that. The page was mostly shades of red and orange.

Combined with this "Van" character from the Ethan Haas videso, who appears tied to Cloverfield from posts made in the IMDB forum, I'd say the evidence is leaning towards the Ethan Haas stuff definitely being related.

Paramount no longer seems to be having anything removed from YouTube, so I couldn't find out for certain if they had removed the Haas stuff before, but, man...the evidence is compelling if you ask me.

Yes you can post in the forum http://www.tossinggames.com/index.cgi?acti...0716&page=5 the (current) last post on that thread about Slusho's is from me. I think the Parasite, is fake... especially cause the Ethan Haas stuff has been almost conclusively proven to be tied to the game alpha omega.

I dunno... more research is needed.

Looks like they've added a few new pics to that parasite w'page. OMG, but the deduction, speculation and just plain idiocy that's sprung up on related blog pages everywhere has been hilarious! From the searches for "hidden clues," to the "in depth analysis" of the photos uploaded on the official w'site, it's just plain silly. Fox Mulder would be proud. <_< These guys must have no lives, families or friends whatsoever to sit around analyzing and breaking this crap down in search of clues, just so they can be the first on Pub-Access TV with their movie news scoops.

Oh come on, it's a fun little game. Though you're right, some people are taking it to hilarious levels. I was shaking my head every time someone tried to "analyze" what was between the two womens' faces. It's nothing but hair, with a light source behind it. Or the people running Photoshop filters over the images and declaring it produces "new insight" into the photos. Sorry Billy, running "emboss" over some windblown hair does not make it the Slusho space monster.

Oh come on, it's a fun little game. Though you're right, some people are taking it to hilarious levels. I was shaking my head every time someone tried to "analyze" what was between the two womens' faces. It's nothing but hair, with a light source behind it. Or the people running Photoshop filters over the images and declaring it produces "new insight" into the photos. Sorry Billy, running "emboss" over some windblown hair does not make it the Slusho space monster.

haha, come on, people see ghosts or spirits in their home photos when some stray piece of hair or dust catches the flash, do you really think people wouldn't go nuts over those photos?

• 1 month later...

Possible Spoilers:

More "1-18-08" Monster DetailsBy Garth FranklinWednesday August 22nd 2007 12:17am Reports yesterday of there being small raptor-like monsters appearing in the big J.J. Abrams-produced monster movie opening in January are correct it seems. Two agency sources today have sent along the following confirmed MAJOR SPOILER tidbits from the highly anticipated release:

- All the monsters are carnivores and eat people throughout.

- The smaller monsters grow from scales shed by the big monster.

- There is no back story as such like for "Godzilla" or "The Host", the big one simply emerges and the present script draft has it ultimately vanishing back into the sea.

- Also don't expect much in the way of survivors at the end, literally anyone can be killed at any time, including the leads.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070822b.php

• 2 months later...
they now say rampage the movie

I'd pay money to watch that!! :lol:

Ok after watching the new trailer it doesn't look that bad, but the camera work stinks and completely reminds me of the garbage camera work in the BSG2's battle scenes. I also firmly echo the points about it being nicely Lovecraftian. Sadly like most trailer/teasers now-a-days the plot's given away as are many of the 'awesome' scenes

Edited by chrono

Inflation Girl! ^_^

That was a good moment because it really adds to the generally WTF!!! :blink: confusion. Completely reminds me of the movie "The Thing". B))

My only complain is that why do the characters always run past perfectly good and usable vehicles. I mean sure it looked good in the 1940's-1970's, but come on! ^_^

Edited by chrono